• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 Subway Beta Sharing Thread: Subcharted Frontiers By Subway

vehn

Wario64 said:
Wrong, they announced it at E3...at the Sony press conference.

Kinda find it funny that so many people had no idea about this.

I meant officially announce all the details!

rdrr gnr

OldJadedGamer said:
Wow, complaining about getting more for less....
No. The issue is the nature of the content, not the amount. MP implies revealing single player locations, various skins of single player enemies. So on a basic level there are spoilers. Secondly, it is in one's disadvantage to ignore this. The main reason I purchase games day 1 (when I do) is so I don't have to enter into MP lobbies where everyone has God-mode activated and I'm smashing square to reload -- meleeing the air in front of me. The entire MP I could understand, the entire MP that carries over? FUCK THAT. The entire MP that could last upwards of a month? Absurd. And it isn't even like you have to purchase 5 footlongs or scratch a code to win, all you have to do is purchase a goddamn soda (allegedly). This is the best Sony and ND has got? Subway sodas?

LevityNYC

Banned
MuseManMike said:
No. The issue is the nature of the content, not the amount. MP implies revealing single player locations, various skins of single player enemies. So on a basic level there are spoilers. Secondly, it is in one's disadvantage to ignore this. The main reason I purchase games day 1 (when I do) is so I don't have to enter into MP lobbies where everyone has God-mode activated and I'm smashing square to reload -- meleeing the air in front of me. The entire MP I could understand, the entire MP that carries over? FUCK THAT. The entire MP that could last upwards of a month? Absurd. And it isn't even like you have to purchase 5 footlongs or scratch a code to win, all you have to do is purchase a goddamn soda (allegedly). This is the best Sony and ND has got? Subway sodas?

So just buying a fucking soda for 2 dollars and quit your bitching.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
MuseManMike said:
And it isn't even like you have to purchase 5 footlongs or scratch a code to win, all you have to do is purchase a goddamn soda (allegedly). This is the best Sony and ND has got? Subway sodas?
Uh, yeah? The more people Sony gets to play it, more people they potentially get to buy it in order to play more of it.

And for Subway, the more people that get tickets that say 'you win XXX' instead of 'try again', the more people walk out of Subway with a better experience.

It's overwhelmingly win-win for both of 'em.

Darkatomz

As messed up as this entire promotion is, it's certainly an example of fantastic advertising... I never eat at Subway, and it looks like I'll be heading there when I hear word that they got the cups and wraps.

If I somehow get hooked on Subway, I'll be sure to pass some MP codes onto the UC2 regs if they don't manage to find their own way.

Slightly off topic, does anyone know what this is??
GWP Cup Code Description – (while supplies last)

*Cup Code Entry & Redemption Prior to 11/1/11: Voucher Passcode for early Access to the UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ Competitive Multiplayer Experience or choice of Voucher Passcode described below.
*Cup Code Entry After 10/31/11: Voucher Passcode allowing you to play DCUO on your PC at the Premium Level Free for 7 consecutive days, as more fully described above or choice of Voucher Passcode described below.

Duffyside

Banned
Agent X said:
I believe the reason why they don't have too many "extreme skill" trophies for multiplayer is because there are also a lot of unlockable items within the game itself. A lot of multiplayer games have goodies like unlockable character skins, icons, titles, and things like that, which can act as a representation of your multiplayer gaming prowess. IMO, that's preferable to trophies, since you can show them off within the realm of the game itself.

I think you have a good idea with things like "play every map at least twice" that encourage people to go a little deeper than merely dipping their toes into the pool. I do think there's room for some skill-based multiplayer trophies, that are attainable using a moderate amount of skill, such as "get 50 online kills".

Yes, that would be a good idea as well.

From Sony's perspective, in order to encourage game sales, they might treat trophies in this multiplayer period similarly to how they treat the one hour trial games for PlayStation Plus members. In the one hour trials, you could fulfill the requirements to earn trophies, but the trophies wouldn't be awarded to you (meaning they don't appear on your trophy list) until you play the full game (by buying it, or at least borrowing or renting it). Doing this would encourage players of this U3 multiplayer game to get their hands on the final U3 disc in order to receive their trophies.
I like you and would like to be friends.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Darkatomz said:
As messed up as this entire promotion is, it's certainly an example of fantastic advertising... I never eat at Subway, and it looks like I'll be heading there when I hear word that they got the cups and wraps.

If I somehow get hooked on Subway, I'll be sure to pass some MP codes onto the UC2 regs if they don't manage to find their own way.

Slightly off topic, does anyone know what this is??
No idea, but "Premium Level" makes it sound like there's gonna be free to play option. They've given out 30 day trials before in the last PS/Subway promo so it's kinda weird that this new one is 7 days and is being called "Premium Level".

Duffyside

Banned
Arne is going to have to let us know if any of the maps are spoilery. I always wanted a multiplayer map in Uncharted 2 that took place in
Shambala

rdrr gnr

LevityNYC said:
So just buying a fucking soda for 2 dollars and quit your bitching.
THANKS! I never thought of that. Enjoy Uncharted 4: Jared's Loss.

duffyside said:
Arne is going to have to let us know if any of the maps are spoilery. I always wanted a multiplayer map in Uncharted 2 that took place in
Shambala
What was Lost City?

Luthos

I probably won't get it, but I'm not complaining about it.

Almost every game, I finish the SP campaign before playing MP. Especially Uncharted, which are some of my favorite SP campaigns ever. So to perhaps avoid spoilers from maps/skins, but also because I'd rather just wait till after I beat the game to really move on to MP.

MNC

Mikey Jr. said:
No joke, I will go to Subway and buy a few drinks and give the codes out to non-North Americans.
So does it definitely work for EU people? I'd love to have a code then.

peetfeet

netguy503 said:
You'll have to play the full game on your US accounts then if you want the stats to carry over. Trophy whores will cry on that one if there are MP trophies.

With the beta I originally had a US code and levelled up to 6, afraid that my levelling up wouldn't get me the freebies for my UK game on release I then changed over to a EU/UK code and downloaded that version. When I started up the EU beta my character was already at the level 6 I earned in the US beta, stats were held server side.

It may not carry over in the full retail BUT there is a possibility it will. Fingers crossed.

Tarin02543

Subway recently opened a shop here in Belgium close to where I live.

Don't like the sandwiches at all but might buy again for a code.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I live in south america, the only subway we have here is for transportation :/

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, not sure how that would work if EU guys have a DL key. Can you redeem it on the EU account? Do you HAVE to play it on a US account?

The question pretty much is "Are you EU guys willing to play for a month and not have your stats recorded?"

Tough question.

Atruvius

Mikey Jr. said:
Yeah, not sure how that would work if EU guys have a DL key. Can you redeem it on the EU account? Do you HAVE to play it on a US account?

The question pretty much is "Are you EU guys willing to play for a month and not have your stats recorded?"

Tough question.
Couldn't you just download it off the USA store and play it on your main account? Like with anything else from USA store.

Atruvius said:
Couldn't you just download it off the USA store and play it on your main account? Like with anything else from USA store.
Yeap, that's exactly how it works. 5 consoles can share a single account.

Andrefpvs

I refuse to believe that Europeans won't be given a chance to get officially in this in some other way.

It would be some serious bullshit if they won't.

arne

Wario64 said:
Even then, people didn't know they were planning this!

Frankly, I'd wait until the full details of how the Subway promotion are announced.
For our friends in yurop - everyone is trying to work something out so that there can be some parity globally without endangering any promo agreements, etc. Cross your fingers.

Thrakier

arne said:
Frankly, I'd wait until the full details of how the Subway promotion are announced.
For our friends in yurop - everyone is trying to work something out so that there can be some parity globally without endangering any promo agreements, etc. Cross your fingers.

No worries, I'll just use a code a US-Gaffer will give me. :)

Mikey Jr.

arne said:

Atleast Arne partially confirmed this e-mail, haha.

But yeah, hopefully International guys get a chance. If its not possible, maybe put it on the Euro PSN store like a week later? Dunno.

arne said:
At least make it available for PS+ subscribers in EU...

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Andrefpvs said:
I refuse to believe that Europeans won't be given a chance to get officially in this in some other way.

It would be some serious bullshit if they won't.
That's how it goes most of the time for us Euros.. :(

arne

Mikey Jr. said:
Atleast Arne partially confirmed this e-mail, haha.

But yeah, hopefully International guys get a chance. If its not possible, maybe put it on the Euro PSN store like a week later? Dunno.

Aha but I didn't!

Thrakier

arne said:
Aha but I didn't!

Watch US guys buying uncharted 3 MP for euro guys! The world will be a bit closer after this. ND bringing worldpeace through mass murdering drake CONFIRMED. Highfive!

Top Bottom