• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

uc4mpbannerwcufa.png

GAF MULTIPLAYER PSN EXCHANGE LIST
QUOTE TO VIEW

Expect the teamwork, over-the-top action-adventure, and detail-rich gameplay environments you’ve come to expect from the Uncharted series. Uncharted 4 Multiplayer introduces a number of new systems to elevate gameplay including Sidekicks, Mysticals, a grappling hook, and a deeper weapon list than previous multiplayer modes. All future maps and modes will be included for no extra cost.​

roadmapmpthreadauu7g.png

mproadmapsqsao.png

grapplinghookmpthreadewsu5.png

The grappling hook allows for swift travel across the map using designated grapple points. Players can melee other players while swinging on a point to down them with one punch. You can also do a charged melee attack with the hook by holding down L1. This attack will also down an enemy with only one hit.​

mysticalsmpthreadtmi84.png

Uncharted 4 Multiplayer lets you deploy Mysticals, letting you harness some of the well-known supernatural elements from the Uncharted games to aid your team in attaining victory. There are five Mysticals:

• WRATH OF EL DORADO – When thrown, the El Dorado sarcophagus from Uncharted 1 appears to unleash spirits that track down the enemies near where it is placed, and damage them.
  • SPIRIT OF DJINN – The Djinn magic from Uncharted 3 imbues the player with the ability to teleport short distances, but they won’t be able to take cover.
  • CINTAMANI STONE – Activating this mystical from Uncharted 2 revives Downed allies within its area of effect to full health instantly.
  • STAFF OF AYAR MANCO – This staff, from the Uncharted: The Fourth Labyrinth novel, casts a magical force across an entire map revealing where the opposing team is located. It will also show up on the mini-map and can be destroyed.
  • INDRA’S ETERNITY – From the Uncharted: Eye of Indra motion comic, this Mystical slows down any enemy that enters its' visible area of effect.

sidekicksmpthreadr3opo.png

Sidekicks are another loadout option, which spawns an NPC ally, each with a unique skill to help you or your teammates along. Sidekicks will earn you cash as they fulfill their role. There are four Sidekicks, each with a specific function:

• SNIPER – defends a location with a sniper rifle to take out members of the opposing team
  • SAVIOR – field medic who will revive Downed players, hand out ammo and help your team replenish their Gear faster
  • HUNTER – when called in, hunts down the nearest enemy and puts them into a hold for the player to KO them
  • BRUTE – heavily armored with a lot of fire power but slow moving

modesmpthreadzrdz2.png

• WARM UP PLAYLIST - This playlist gives players the opportunity to explore the many new mechanics that are available. You will only be able to play in this playlist for a certain number of matches, to help you understand the multiplayer mechanics before joining the fight.
  • TEAM DEATHMATCH - A fight to the end with teammates at your side. The goal is to score a certain number of points to win, with each enemy KO being worth one point.
  • RANKED TEAM DEATHMATCH - In Ranked Team Deathmatch, Ranks range from Bronze III to Diamond I. You’ll be awarded points for winning a match, and points will be deducted for losing. When you acquire the necessary number of points, you’ll enter into Qualifiers. At this point, a player is given the opportunity to increase his or her Rank by winning a certain number of the next few matches. Failing to do so will knock the player out of Qualifiers, and he or she must earn points again for another attempt.
  • COMMAND - In this mode, you’ll capture Command Sites for a steady flow of points, or knock out enemy Captains for a large point bonus. Command emphasizes teamwork and a large part of that comes from protecting your Captain. Whichever player contributes the most points to the team’s objective is the Team Captain, and will receive bonuses, such as cheaper In-Match Store Items, the ability to revive teammates faster, and more health when downed. As the Captain gains objective points without being KO’ed, the Captain goes up a Level to a max level of three, which increases the effectiveness of the Captain bonuses. However, at higher levels, the Captain is more visible to the enemy.
  • PLUNDER - A 4v4 objective mode similar to capture the flag. The goal is to place the idol in your team's treasure box. The first team to get 3 captures wins.
  • TRIALS - Set up as pseudo competitive matches, players go up against enemy NPC opponents with the goal of getting a high score using specific multiplayer mechanics. Each of the 10 Trials will include different levels of difficulty and will award Relics for completion.

yay! Thank you

If no one else does it, I'll try to find info for the loadouts when I get the game.

Also, here is a neat little "Loadout calculator" http://loadout.unchartedmultiplayer.com/

It's a work in progress, as they need to add in some things, but it lets you put together a loadout and look over the weapons and stuff

zkorejo

Finally someone made the OT.

Today I only played the Multiplayer. I was supposed to play a few matches before going back to SP but I ended up playing 4-5 hours non-stop.

I am not sure if silencers actually work?.. When I fire my FAL, I see my blip on the radar glowing like it does normally without a silencer.

Lucifon

How is the multiplayer in the final game? I played the beta and it just seemed like the same 'meh' feeling I got from the rest of the series' multiplayer - nothing wrong with it, just no urge to play it over much stronger multiplayer focused titles. Has it improved from the beta?

I'm not subbed to PS+ at the moment so it'd require resubbing just for this.

i feel like the pvp mp could give away a spoiler...if you know what i mean. so i guess i gotta stay clear of mp stuff for now too

Spizz

Banned
Cheers for making this, I loved U2 multiplayer, liked 3's. I had fun with the betas, I really hope I can get into this like I did with 2.

xviper

the multiplayer is great i like it more than U3's but i will never play it again after i found out that they removed the XP ranking system and instead added skill based ranking system for each playlist like Halo 5, at least Halo 5 did both

Strider

Did they ever release notes or a write up on any changes to balance, etc. after the open beta ended? I know they were patching it a good bit during that period but I didn't get to play much or keep up.

Anyway will do some SP but then head into MP tonight for sure. Hoping this grabs me like TLOU multiplayer did.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I must admit I am disappointed with the lack of modes in multiplayer. Glad new modes and maps will be free.

EDIT: Actually apparently only one new game mode coming, thats kind of even more dissapointing

Did they ever release notes or a write up on any changes to balance, etc. after the open beta ended? I know they were patching it a good bit during that period but I didn't get to play much or keep up.

Anyway will do some SP but then head into MP tonight for sure. Hoping this grabs me like TLOU multiplayer did.

Yes, there were changes. Off the top of my head:

-Sidekicks no longer regenerate health
-All pistols now cost 1 LP
-The Cintimani Stone revives you to 50% now, as opposed to 100%
-Weapons were revealed to have mods like faster strafing, better hipfire accuracy, more ammo, longer clips, silencers...
-Mysticals can also be modded with upgrades, such as giving your "El Dorado" higher damage, longer range, or marking enemies they hit. The Cintimani Stone can be upgraded to revive you to full health too. Upgrades also increase the in-game cost. Think of how scorestreaks worked in Advanced Warfare

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
the multiplayer is great i like it more than U3's but i will never play it again after i found out that they removed the XP ranking system and instead added skill based ranking system for each playlist like Halo 5, at least Halo 5 did both

There's no XP ranking system?

Thank the heavens.

I mus admit I am disappointed with the lack of modes in multiplayer. Glad new modes and maps will be free.

All they need is one mode to make a majority of the community happy: Team Objective

That's the Killzone-like mode that tossed in a bunch of MP modes into one game. It gelled well with the frantic and crazy gameplay. They had so many modes that are completely absent here.

TheStruggler

All they need is one mode to make a majority of the community happy: Team Objective

That's the Killzone-like mode that tossed in a bunch of MP modes into one game. It gelled well with the frantic and crazy gameplay. They had so many modes that are completely absent here.

I didnt see team objective in OP for modes, is that currently in the game but the op forgot to add it, or is that coming in a future patch?

I didnt see team objective in OP for modes, is that currently in the game but the op forgot to add it, or is that coming in a future patch?
Command and Plunder are team objectives. The whole mp is based around teamwork, imo.

Edit: oh, and the fal? Muy bueno.

Yeeees, it's almost maddening how amazing single player has been, because after playing the first hour or so at my buddy's place I came home wanting to play multiplayer... But didn't. Needed to see the story progress more lol. Will definitely play today!

Oh and... Uncharted 4 Beta NeoGAF Highlights :)

TheStruggler

Command and Plunder are team objectives. The whole mp is based around teamwork, imo.

Edit: oh, and the fal? Muy bueno.

I was quoting time because yes there are team objectives but as he described it there is currently a mode, or a mode coming which is much like killzone where the objectives change within the game to keep everything flowing, instead of one game mode and it ending.

I was quoting time because yes thee are team objectives but as how he described it there is currently a mode, or a mode coming which is much like killzone where the objectives change within the game to keep everything flowing, instead of one game mode and it ending.
Oh, i see. That would be sick.

We know there's one new mode coming in summer. Team Objective was an incredibly popular playlist in UC3, and had a bunch of modes that you would otherwise not find. I am hoping Team Objective returns and brings back the many modes that currently dont exist in UC4

Here is a video, which starts off as "Chain reaction" mode, and moves to "Treasure Hunter" mode instantly. Each mode was considered a round, and you had to win 3, I think

The games within "Team Objective" included

-Chain Reaction (Capture 5 flags in succession, tug of war style)
-Treasure Hunter (Hold the Idol to score points)
-King of the Hill
-Marked Man (Kill the opposing team's VIP while protecting yours)
-TDM
-I think Plunder
-Turf War (Domination)

All within one game, randomly ordered. In UC2, modes like Chain Reaction and Turf War were separate modes, but they were never very popular. When they were all included in one mode, it was amazing fun. I also really miss Elimination mode (round based, one life). In UC3, Elimination was a "tie breaker". So if a game ended in a tie, it would become sudden death elimination, which was so very intense and fun. In UC2, it was its own mode.

Naughty Dog will either add in Team Objective, or do something like Command, which is admittedly a pretty unique twist on the "Domination" game mode, much like Plunder is a twist on CTF. I hope they avoid adding in FFA, I prefer more objective modes.

Did anyone else have issues redeeming the Uncharted Points? I got the skins and camos but my points are still at the default 200 and I'm missing the extra 300.

At no aditional cost? I thought they had a season pass for multiplayer content! Holy shit, this is amazing :D

Pass has MP items and single-player story, just no maps.

Is there a way to change the colors on outfits? I have Suited Roman and there's a preset that has a black suit instead of a gray one.

I'm also having connection issues--takes 10 tries to push me through--even though PSN is green all around :(

Is there a way to change the colors on outfits? I have Suited Roman and there's a preset that has a black suit instead of a gray one.

No but I'm sure they will add that to increase the pool of microtransactions so the good stuff is even harder to get via relics!

Grisby

So, is the only way to unlock characters through UC coins? Only played the warm-up matches so I didn't dig deep into the micro-transaction stuff yet.

Can you get coins another way? Want to unlock Chloe.

So, is the only way to unlock characters through UC coins? Only played the warm-up matches so I didn't dig deep into the micro-transaction stuff yet.

You can also get characters through vanity chests, but those are random.

jwk94

Coin are only unlocked via microtransaction. They're used to unlock something directly. You can use relic points to open a chest which unlocks a random item depending on what chest you choose (vanity item chest, something for your sidekick chest, a one-time booster chet, etc). So no, you don't need coins to unlock Chloe, but if you don't want to wait, then yeah you're gonna need em. I think the game starts you out with 200 but characters cost something like 500.

Was playing MP pretty much all day yesterday. Lots of fun!
I really like Command mode but one pet peeve I have is that I hate it when the game promotes me to Captain right when I'm in the middle of a fight. Without fail, the notification distracts me and then I die. :(
I cant get past the intro. It won't let me hit x to continue. Anyone else with this problem?
Hold X?

Top Bottom