• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Screenshot Thread: Post Your Fortune...

37842695476_c92b56c954_o.png

*****************READ RULES & REGULATIONS BEFORE POSTING*****************

26134576993_0617c3ee92_o.png

Welcome to the Official Screenshot Thread for one of the most anticipated games of this generation! Uncharted 4: A Thiefs End. Naughty Dog has provided an extensive range of features that gamers can get to grips with to create stunning shots everything from beautiful vistas to incredible shots of characters in action throughout the game.

Join the fun, post screenshots and join the discussion on some great creative art being shown Are you ready to share your fortune?
26748344605_93bf8468f2_o.png

37842695606_5faeacee8d_o.png
1. Two screenshots per post, and two consecutive posts permitted.​
2. No triple posting, please avoid this!​
3. Multiple images can be posted if using links only, instead of
26479035270_acee9649e3_o.png
26726565816_b2b3a6fd08_o.png
26164920824_2103fb8fdb_o.png
Camera Settings
Adjust Character Locked Free Camera Uncharted 4: A Thiefs End uses a character locked free camera system unlike previous games TLOU and Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, which had a fixed character camera limited to dolly and orbit controls. This is much more flexible in combination with zoom and character hide options, so be prepared to make some great shots! L1/R1 Dolly Zoom Set up and enhance your shots with distant views or extreme close up shots using the dolly zoom. Note: Cannot zoom using dolly during cutscenes. Field Of View Allows for the adjustment of the Field Of View in Uncharted 4 screenshots. This is the adjustable range of the visible gameplay area shown in the screenshot. Depth Of Field Adjustment of Depth Of Field. This is when a camera is closely focused on a certain object and depending on relative distance and how wide the DOF is, other surrounding objects will appear to sharpen, blur or lose focus. DOF is an effective tool for creating very professional looking aesthetic shots.​
26745102746_71ae8b4e19_o.png
Post Processing
Sharpness 0% > +100% Adjustment: Default 25%. Sharpens the screenshot image to desired amount. Brightness 0% > +100% Adjustment: Enhances the perceived intensity of the total energy output of a visible light source. Also known as brilliance. Saturation 0% > +100% Adjustment: Determines the saturation level overall of the RGB spectrum in the screenshot. An increase of saturation levels and colours will appear more intense; reducing saturation causes colours to begin to appear washed-out. Finding a correct balance is key. Chromatic Abberation 0% > +100% Adjustment: Adjust the amount chromatic aberration in the image. This causes peripheries of colour along boundaries that separate dark and bright parts of the screenshot. Motion Blur 0% > +100% Adjustment: Introduces motion blur to the screenshot Film Grain 0% > +100% Adjustment: Increase visible noise to create the classic film grain effect in your images. Vignette 0% > +100% Adjustment: Vignette adjustment presents the option to provide a reduction of an images brightness or saturation at the boundary relative to the screenshots centre. Character Options Ability to hide / show certain characters: Player, Buddies, Enemies, Civilians.​
26164920824_2103fb8fdb_o.png
Filters
26713101541_8c14a7cff9_o.png
26713100581_5024eea40e_o.png
Gives the Uncharted 4 player a range of preset colour, hue, contrast and brightness filters to use on screenshots during image editing.​
None Black/White Blorange Classy Cool Inferno Noir Sepia Vibrant Vintage Warm
26745102746_71ae8b4e19_o.png
Frames & Borders
26176374423_0d821372de_o.png
26176372303_5be29d47ed_o.png
Provides a variety of different frames & border styles to a finished screenshot composition if so desired.​
None Black Border White Border Rounded Old TV Frame Film Bars Paper Cutout Beach Jungle Map Shoreline ND Paw
Tips:
Enable PNG Captures On PS4:
  • (Settings) > [Sharing And Broadcasts] > [Screenshot Settings] > [Image Format] > (Tick) [PNG]
Copy Screenshots To USB Storage (Format To exFAT First):
  • (Settings) > [System Storage Management] > [Capture Gallery] > [Game] > [Screenshots] > (Options) > [Copy To USB Storage Device] > (Tick) [Screenshots Or Select All] > Copy
Turn Off The PS4 Screenshot Indicator Icon:
  • (Settings) > [Notifications] > (Untick) [When Taking Screenshots]
Image Hosts:
https://www.flickr.com/[/B][/INDENT] [INDENT][B][URL]http://cubeupload.com/​

Special thanks to Brigandier, Skele7on and SlasherJPC for providing extra information and images.

Now everyone have fun taking great screenshots and sharing them with the Neogaf community!

Last edited:
Lol these are amazing, but I realised I'm gonna have to keep out of my own thread creation til I played and probably finished lol, damn looks so good. I'll post some a couple of non spoilery stuff probs.

My last two of the day. How often can I post four pics? I'll probably do it once a day.

4Yx48dk.jpg

fmhxObt.jpg
Well if someone posts after you, you can post another four, doesn’t matter. But also if you use Url links instead of img tags, you could post say... Ten, fifteen links, to different screens. This isn't getting in the way of others getting a chance to show their work. Issue is the forum won't be filled with pretty pics you've taken.

Also just be mindful of what you post for now, like setpieces or key location spoilers. Using a url you can also spoiler tag it and warn people, but doesn't prevent you from posting it as it won't display as a image on the forum.

shandy706

Forgot to say in my post title, but this post and one below is photomode :)
itubkagykgc.png

This is where a good tutorial on a Photomode would come in handy. This shot needs some DOF bad. Those trees, the LOD, and anything beyond the bank ruins it.

Edit** I'm assuming you can control DOF/aperture fully?

Sometimes my years of photography classes get in the way of my Screenshot viewing..haha. I notice things like this in a lot of racing game screenshots too. Things are blurry, focus is off, a bad background element is showing when a bit of an adjustment would take it out of focus and create a beautiful shot.

Well if someone posts after you, you can post another four, doesn’t matter. But also if you use Url links instead of img tags, you could post say... Ten, fifteen links, to different screens. This isn't getting in the way of others getting a chance to show their work. Issue is the forum won't be filled with pretty pics you've taken.

Also just be mindful of what you post for now, like setpieces or key location spoilers. Using a url you can also spoiler tag it and warn people, but doesn't prevent you from posting it as it won't display as a image on the forum.

Ok cool I'll post more later.

Are eventually going to have some screenshot contest like with infamous?

kubus

Sorry about it not being png (I had no idea there was an option for that, now I have 200 screenshots in ugly ass jpg D: ) but I really want to share this screenshot. No filters or anything else, just toyed with camera position.

20t0sis.jpg

Ok cool I'll post more later.

Are eventually going to have some screenshot contest like with infamous?

Can do... What was the infamous one? I didn't take part at the time, was away from home.

Sorry about it not being png (I had no idea there was an option for that, now I have 200 screenshots in ugly ass jpg D: ) but I really want to share this screenshot. No filters or anything else, just toyed with camera position.

20t0sis.jpg

That's OK, but I'm happy I made you aware you could change it.

Great job OP!

Bishop89

holy fucking shit. Just about to hit start, wanted to see some screens. Holy shit this is one amazing looking game!

HERE WE GO!

Top Bottom