• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy officially coming to PS5 & PC

kyliethicc

Thats very high settings though. PS4 games typically used medium to high settings.

I mean it's very simple. If the 4.2 tflops Polaris GPU in the Pro can run this at 1440p 30 fps then the 10.2 tflops RDNA 2.0 GPU with its 1.25x IPC gain should be able to do better than 1440p 60 fps. Especially considering the fact that there is an insanely powerful CPU in the PS5 and an laughably bad CPU in the PS4 Pro.

I mean if a game runs at 1080p 30 fps on a basic ass GCN 1.0 1.84 tflops GPU and a 1.6 GHz CPU then a RDNA GPU thats equivalent to roughly 16 GCN 1.0 tflops should be able to run it native 4k 60 fps. Especially on the PS5 which has an IO thats supposed to make the synergy between the CPU, GPU and Memory so much better.

It's possible that they werent able to get it to run at a locked 60 fps similar to what happened with death stranding where it dipped during boss fights, but then again KojiPro went with 1800p 60 fps locked framerate which is 50% more pixels than 1440p. They also had the ingenious idea of introducing a widescreen mode like the order that increased the FOV and offered a locked 60 fps mode at native resolution. They also left the native 4k mode unlocked for gamers who dont care about some drops during boss fights.

THAT is how you port stuff. Especially when you are charging for it.
Its all pretty simple looking at the larger data.

Games going from PS4 Pro to PS5 usually can double framerate (30 to 60 Hz) and typically increase resolution by a small amount. Like Spider-man and Ghost of Tsushima. Death Stranding is a lighter game, so it boosted even better. Other games are heavier, so resolution remains about the same when doubling performance.

Could Naughty Dog have boosted the resolution up from 1440p to 1512p-1620p or so while holding 60 Hz? Most likely. Why did they not? Probably just cuz who gives a fuck its a quick and lazy port.

They should have at least done a director's cut in a similar way, agreed.

Wait, Neil, the Director's Cut...
Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden
They were never going to create DLC for Uncharted 4 in 2021.

Last edited:

sainraja

So people are fake mad that the remaster will not be 4K\60 huh? It never fails.
Mostly the Xbox leaning guys who apparently don't care about games that release on the PlayStation or so they say.
And that the Xbox Series S was a good decision by MS to make. Yet, they can't take it when they see these games aren't 4K\60 lol
It's a good decision as long as Microsoft is the one who makes it. Otherwise, it's a crap decision. :D

Umbasaborne

Banned
1440p 🤮…jk, i mean its not amazing but flight sim and demons souls run at 1440p and look amazing so im not gonna make a big stink about it. Id be lying if i said i didnt expect more from last gen remasters though

Last edited:

On Demand

Banned
You'll get your proper remaster from the PC version. High graphic settings and textures. Just enjoy the higher frame rate and PS4 pro resolution on the PS5 "remaster."

Sony and their PC support has to be the most dumbest thing they've done and so disrespectful to PS5 owners.

Thanks Jim Ryan.

Last edited:
You'll get your proper remaster from the PC version. High graphic settings and textures. Just enjoy the higher frame rate and PS4 pro resolution on the PS5 "remaster."

Sony and their PC support has to be the most dumbest thing they've done and so disrespectful to PS5 owners.

Thanks Jim Ryan.
AY what...i didnt realise that

Why in the fuck would you pay for a framerate boost considering you get the game for free as part of the ps4 collection when you get a ps5?
i was actually considering getting this as i never played the female dlc game but this is a pretty shitty deal

On Demand

Banned
AY what...i didnt realise that

Why in the fuck would you pay for a framerate boost considering you get the game for free as part of the ps4 collection when you get a ps5?
i was actually considering getting this as i never played the female dlc game but this is a pretty shitty deal

Uncharted in the PS plus collection probably won't be getting any frame rate and resolution updates.

Uncharted in the PS plus collection probably won't be getting any frame rate and resolution updates.
no i purchased the game when it was back on ps4 but buried in the fineprint was the option to upgrade to the lost legacy collection for a fee if you already owned them game
So they are effectively charging you for a ps4 game and a framerate unlock......people wonder why people like to shit on sony with stuff like this

On one hand, 1440/60 could be a engine limitation? Does uncharted use the same engine as TLOU2? So I'm leaning towards giving ND the benefit of the doubt here in that they have chosen the best resolution/frame rate/settings profile to match the engine and the hardware.

On the other hand, charging 10 bucks for this is highly highly questionable.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
480p/240hz pls.

Framerate over resolution any day, to hell with the beautiful crafted word that ND did.
720p/240hz would be awesome for the car chase in Thiefs End 👌🏻
1080p/120hz with all the upscaling techniques are good enough for most parts of the game.

Maogp

So is not a free upgrade. Ok. I understand, Sony is a bitch I'll deal with it. Is ok. I paid the upgrade for Ghost because was ok to me. BUT.
For whom have both games the upgrade will be 10€$£ for both right? I mean, I'll pay 10 and magically my two PS4 digital games will become one file with the remaster version of them, right?

winjer

Gold Member

Thanks Jim Ryan.

The PC version has no upgraded textures. It's just improved SSR, shadows and AO. Sony has not announced any other improvements for the PC version.
Then there's DLSS and Reflex, but no consoles have support for these features. So it's inconsequent for the PS5 upgrade.

Chances are, the PS5 will have the same upgrades as the PC version. Except the nvidia exclusives.
So there is no reason for you to cry and whine.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Mostly the Xbox leaning guys who apparently don't care about games that release on the PlayStation or so they say.

It's a good decision as long as Microsoft is the one who makes it. Otherwise, it's a crap decision. :D
Its not console warring to expect more from a last generation remaster on vastly more powerful hardware. I was tough on microsoft as well for the variable resolution quality of gears 5 on series x. 1440p aint terrible, see demons souls or flight sim. But id be willing to bet that these remasters can be more but they just are not willing to put in the extra work

Md Ray

Patiently waiting for this to arrive on PC.

I wish they utilize DirectStorage for these games as it's been available to devs since last month.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Patiently waiting for this to arrive on PC.

I wish they utilize DirectStorage for these games as it's been available to devs since last month.
It shouldn't load too long even without direct storage.
It was never very long previously.
Of course now there is no loading

winjer

Gold Member
It shouldn't load too long even without direct storage.
It was never very long previously.
Of course now there is no loading

True.
On PC, we spend more time waiting for launchers to connect to servers and verifying stuff, than waiting for games to load.
Even for a lot of single player games, that should be offline only.

Last edited:
Top Bottom