• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy officially coming to PS5 & PC

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I'm not buying it again, even for 10.

Sick of Jim and his whole schtick.

100% agree, how come we just got the HZD 60 FPS patch a few weeks ago, why can they not just unlock the framerate on PS5 for UC4?

Its a good game but not worth paying any more money for. Apart from Wolverine I am not really hyped for much in last nights show, which is sad, maybe I am getting too old.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Any word on exactly whats changed? is it just a 4K/60 update? i mean if that's it and they charge they can go an fuck, money you guys make you should be giving us a patch but if they add in RT and a load of extra stuff and offer an upgrade price for those of us that have the original then id be fine with paying a small premium

kyliethicc

Any word on exactly whats changed? is it just a 4K/60 update? i mean if that's it and they charge they can go an fuck, money you guys make you should be giving us a patch but if they add in RT and a load of extra stuff and offer an upgrade price for those of us that have the original then id be fine with paying a small premium
Sony have shared literally no details on any improvements.

Trailer is 60 Hz tho, so we can assume there's a 60 FPS option on PS5. No word on resolution, audio, DualSense, loading, etc.

Obviously the PC version will have various framerate, resolution, settings options, etc.

Last edited:

Shmunter

100% agree, how come we just got the HZD 60 FPS patch a few weeks ago, why can they not just unlock the framerate on PS5 for UC4?

Its a good game but not worth paying any more money for. Apart from Wolverine I am not really hyped for much in last nights show, which is sad, maybe I am getting too old.
They held out on that HZD patch forever tho.

Must’ve been keeping it in the back pocket incase they wanted to repackage it as a remaster.

In the end they seemingly gave up on the idea. Suspect they twisted themselves into a pretzel trying to figure out how to resell it, but considering they already did a complete edition it was too difficult a proposition.

GetemMa

It's progress, but among all the good PS4 exclusives I want to come to PC, the Uncharted franchise is near the bottom of the list.

Gimme Bloodborne, Persona 5, and God of War, in that order.

tr1p1ex

UC4 is a way overrated game. They could have chopped 4 hours off that game easy. I struggled to get through it. And it wasn't that long of a game, but too many cutscenes and repetitive gameplay and those sections which you go through and don't really do anything but they make basically manually press a button here and there to "fast forward" through the story.

I only played through it because I wanted to experience a next gen (at the time) PS4 game. And was left with the feeling well I'm not going to be missing anything. And that yes I don't really like these kinds of (cutscene) games.

Last edited:
Still hoping for a ps4 patch to unlock FPS of uncharted 4.

Not paying for a remaster of druck’s work. It already looks crisp on ps4 pro. These are the most cash grab remasters you can think of ; ps5 is perfectly capable of running the ps4 games at 60 with a patch

Curious to see the pc version though. 4K 120fps has got me excited, if the game does not break at 120fps that is.

Last edited:

tr1p1ex

won't spoil much but the repetitive combat gives way to repetitive climbing which is far more boring.
yeah this exactly. it's basically:

climbing
cutscene
combat set piece
cutscene
advance thru linear environment
cutscene

rinse and repeat 4x.

Nintendo could do the gameplay way better imo. And make you feel like you are progressing gameplaywise through the whole thing. I thought the gameplay progression was very flat. That's why it felt repetitive.

They rely on cutscenes to keep you playing instead of making you feel like you are becoming stronger as a character. And that just doesn't do it for me. It's too flat. And I struggled to keep playing.

There is a slight new wrinkle added on the climbing mechanic after awhile but it's pretty minor and overall the climbing was just going thru the motions anyway as were other sections of the game like going thru the house towards the latter half of the game and pressing A(or X) when a context sensitive prompt comes up. With the combat set pieces they basically just add more enemies as the game goes on.

Last edited:
I love uc4... lost legacy less so.
4k60 uc4 is welcome but should be now or few months ago... free...
I would prefer bloodborne 4k anyway

Strange not going uc 1,2,3 on pc
Uncharted 2 and 3 would also scale very nicely to 4K. Though they still look good on ps4 1080p60.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Shame 4 is dull as dishwater. A remaster of 2, the best in the series by far would be more than welcome.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
120FPS + Mouse aiming will make this 100x better on PC.
nope. This game is not really much about aiming. You can even play with lock on.
The challange is in encounters. Not just in headshots.
IMO if a game main challange is in precise mouse aiming then it's a bit lost on me and can be a bit shallow

Shame 4 is dull as dishwater. A remaster of 2, the best in the series by far would be more than welcome.
They already remastered 2 it looks great and you can play it on ps5. Reremaster?

4 is not too bad, pretty good at parts, slow in others and nadine is fucking dumb. Presentation and the drake brothers save it for me.

Hennig getting blackballed hurt it a lot.

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
nope. This game is not really much about aiming. You can even play with lock on.
IMO if a game main challange is in precise mouse aiming then it's a bit lost on me and can be a bit shallow
It's also about aiming. Aim assists or even worse, lock on, makes the gunplay pointless...

UC4 was a boring fest anyway...hope you guys don't sleep during the playthrough like I did.

Now, Uncharted 1 is a fine game.
Ahh finally a true connoisseur. To me, 1 and 2 are unbelievable. Drakes Fortune is like an awesome B movie and Among Thieves is like a wild blockbuster film.

sendit

I disagree. The encounters/challenges become easier when you can precisely hit your target (headshots do matter) while taking advantage of Uncharted's verticality and movement abilities. Locked on aiming is a sin to gaming.

Favorite game of the previous gen was Ghost of Tsushima and I avoided using the bow unless I was forced to. Sony needs to create a Dual Sense keyboard and mouse.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I disagree. The encounters/challenges become easier when you can precisely hit your target (headshots do matter) while taking advantage of Uncharted's verticality and movement abilities. Locked on aiming is a sin to gaming.
I am a "pc gamer" and I understand that pov but also - It is so refreshing to have lock on enabled and focus on running, choice of weapons, flanking etc.
I don't just aim for the head of ever enemy to end the battle at the spot

Neofire

PlayStation turning into a 3rd party developer for PC now? 👀 Oh wait ps5 owners get it a couple of weeks sooner.

sendit

I am a "pc gamer" and I understand that pov but also - It is so refreshing to have lock on enabled and focus on running, choice of weapons, flanking etc.
I don't just aim for the head of ever enemy to end the battle at the spot

Definitely a preference thing (headshots are incredibly satisfying to me). I guess we can agree to disagree.

Larxia

Locked on aiming is a sin to gaming.
I couldn't disagree more on this. I really hate constantly seeing people thinking that lock-on aiming is some kind of assisted mode. It depends on the game, sure, and if something was really made for aiming, then yes, lock-on could not have its place there, but it's not a reason to completely despise lock-on systems either, if the game was designed around it, it can be really good.

I personally really don't have any fun in most shooter, especially 3rd persons where it's just a cover shooter, hiding and shooting, it's incredibly boring to me, I don' thave fun with the action of "aiming" in such games. However, when games are designed with lock-on system in mind, it can be a very different style of gameplay, with the action being focused on your movement, your character actions, instead of the aiming.

In the ps2 era there used to be a lot of games like this, and I preferred it, for example Star Wars Bounty Hunter was pretty great at that, it had a lock-on system, but the game was designed around this, you were not supposed to play without a lock-on, so the difficulty was adapted to that, you had a lot of ennemies, you had to fly around, do backlips while switching quickly between different ennemies etc, it was super fun and not particularly easy at all. It make games feel more like action / combat games, rather than just gun shoot / aiming games.

So really, no, locked on is not a sin, if the game was designed around it, it's a different style of gameplay, and I really can't see why people comletely reject his idea. Also free aiming makes even less sense on a controller, it's just so dull and boring imo.

that's stupid.... not 1, 2, 3??? yeah they are dated as heck but this is like selling a book with only the last chapter and a fuck up epilogue lol (or a movie with the last 20-30 minutes). i think lost legacy is actually the best Uncharted game but i still won't be buying it. Fuck Naughty Dog and fuck Neil Druckmann.

Last edited:

LMJ

PC master race shall restore Donut Drake in all his glory!

Take that Druckman you coward lol

the simpsons donuts GIF

I'm sorry your experience is limited. The following third person games all play better with a mouse and keyboard:

Horizon Zero Dawn
Gears of War
Max Payne
Days Gone
The Division

The list goes on and on.
99% of games play better with mouse/keyboard lol. you sometimes get the odd game that you NEED a controller for but most are better with keyboard/mouse even if they are console ports.

SLB1904

Banned
I'm sorry your experience is limited. The following third person games all play better with a mouse and keyboard:

Horizon Zero Dawn
Gears of War
Max Payne
Days Gone
The Division

The list goes on and on.
Yeah nah. Looks wonky as hell lol

Tmac

It’s shocking how much buckshit this event has brought out in people. The first three UC games are brilliant, and made even better in the Nathan Drake Collection. They don’t need remastering or remaking.

From what i remembered yes.

But when i played UC3 recently it was a complete different experience...

Combat is abysmall and buggy... it doesnt seem right and havent aged well.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Imagine playing 3rd person shooter with a mouse and keyboard lol
Imagine being limited for the slow analog stick to control the slow and imprecise camera/aiming/crosshair that "needs" aim assists/lock on, too few buttons leading to claw grip + weapons wheels + disgusting L3/R3 buttons...

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
It’s shocking how much buckshit this event has brought out in people. The first three UC games are brilliant, and made even better in the Nathan Drake Collection. They don’t need remastering or remaking.
As someone who played all 4 for the first time last fall, UC 1 could legit use some love. It’s the only one where I’d say the gameplay felt definitively dated.

Top Bottom