• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy officially coming to PS5 & PC

SLB1904

Banned
Well that explains everything...
explain what?

mqdefault.jpg

Imagine being limited for the slow analog stick to control the slow and imprecise camera/aiming/crosshair that "needs" aim assists/lock on, too few buttons leading to claw grip + weapons wheels + disgusting L3/R3 buttons...
just because you suck using controller doesnt mean everyone is like you

Last edited:

Loope

nope. This game is not really much about aiming. You can even play with lock on.
The challange is in encounters. Not just in headshots.
IMO if a game main challange is in precise mouse aiming then it's a bit lost on me and can be a bit shallow
Shallow? A game that requires precision is shallow, but a game filled with cutscenes isn't ? What?

rofif

Banned
Shallow? A game that requires precision is shallow, but a game filled with cutscenes isn't ? What?
The game that MAIN mechanic is just quickly aiming feels shallow.
The challenge should come from gameplay. not quickly aiming with mouse like desktop icons.
And it is easier to relax and immerse with controller. No jerky movements etc.

That said - I ofcourse have 200usd razer viper ultimate and play most pc games with it :p

Kerotan

Played both of these recently. Overall probably 3 times each. So in no rush to play again.. Maybe in 3 or 4 years I'll get this upgrade for cheap.

Loope

The game that MAIN mechanic is just quickly aiming feels shallow.
The challenge should come from gameplay. not quickly aiming with mouse like desktop icons.
And it is easier to relax and immerse with controller. No jerky movements etc.

That said - I ofcourse have 200usd razer viper ultimate and play most pc games with it :p
Ah ok, i didn't understand. Even so, while i don't have any interest in that type of game, i do recognize the skill involved to get good at it, so i won't consider it shallow.

I have Steelseries Rival and thought it was expensive ahahh, It's very quick on the maps in Crusader Kings ;)

Serioulsy, they're good alternatives to professional mouse if you use CAD, amazing accuracy.

SLB1904

Banned
Imagine thinking the deficiences of dual stick controllers for shooters have anything to do with skill LOL
anyway, this argument is pointless. i just don't like the way the character moves in 3rd person and the same way i think 1st person is the way to go with the keyboard and mouse. as for the accuracy yes of course mouse is more accurate but im not trying to be a shroud. analog sticks give a more fuid moviment than wasd. we are talking about single-player here not mp

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
anyway, this argument is pointless. i just don't like the way the character moves in 3rd person and the same way i think 1st person is the way to go with the keyboard and mouse. as for the accuracy yes of course mouse is more accurate but im not trying to be a shroud. analog sticks give a more fuid moviment than wasd. we are talking about single-player here not mp
More fluid movement doesn't give any advantage over wasd and being single player or mp doesn't change the flaws of the controller...

PC is rife with better (and better looking) racing sims no?

Sure itd be nice to have but at the same time meh
You have stuff like iRacing, Asseto, and Forza Motorsport but none of those games have the same feeling that GT games do IMO.

Plus as somebody with tastes that lean very heavily towards JDM, Gran Turismo has always given me more of what I wanted. Forza for an example has always been too Euro/supercar centric and super cars are boring. Don’t get me wrong I do love some 80s/90s Euro cars and some super cars but overall meh

Fuck your Murcielago, I’ll take my JZX100 Chaser

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I would be tempted to double dip since i'm a massive fan of 4 but at full price for a years old port? fuck that shit.
Will buy on the discount bin if i ever see it at that price.

Your opinion is wrong.

Nah, it isn't. Uncharted 2 and 3 are still talked about to this day. Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy? Almost never brought up in conversations about the franchise outside of how disappointing they were compared to the aforementioned sequel and threequel.

Hell, this thread alone is mostly filled with folks saying they would rather have 2 and 3.

Last edited:

Smether

I suspect there will be no upgrade for those that got Uncharted via PS Plus, much like when FF7 remake for PS5 came out. That makes some kind of sense, but it doesn't make any kind of sense for those of us that bought these games on disc for PS4 to not be given any type of upgrade patch or path. It's not like we knew then to buy the PS5 version. I'm hoping they will figure something out and let us know as release approaches.

Last edited:

yurinka

Oh, not 1 2 3? Weird. Still cool though, but weird.
By selling these two together they can also sell the Nathan Drake Colleciton Remastered a few months or years later on PC+PS5.

Uncharted collection including 1,2,3 and 4 to PC and PS5 with native 4K/60FPS would have made far too much sense.

Such a missed opportunity from Sony.
To charge $70 bucks for this and $70 bucks more for Nathan Drake Collection Remastered on PS5 and PC with no PS4 to PS5 free or $10 upgrade will make more sense to their revenue.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection has been revealed on PlayStation Showcase 2021 with a Gameplay Trailer showing supposedly updated graphics captured on PS5.
I write "supposedly", becauste it's really hard to spot any major differences from the original other than 60FPS and color grading / brightness / contrast, which actually might be caused by video editing.
Anyway, let's compare provided scenes from the trailer with original captured on PS4 Pro.

Shmunter

I suspect there will be no upgrade for those that got Uncharted via PS Plus, much like when FF7 remake for PS5 came out. That makes some kind of sense, but it doesn't make any kind of sense for those of us that bought these games on disc for PS4 to not be given any type of upgrade patch or path. It's not like we knew then to buy the PS5 version. I'm hoping they will figure something out and let us know as release approaches.
ha ha Ha Ha HAHA HAHAHA. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *Cough* *Cough* *Splutter* *Gasp*

Larxia

By selling these two together they can also sell the Nathan Drake Colleciton Remastered a few months or years later on PC+PS5.
I get it but in that case it would have made more sense to release 1 2 3 first, because many people on PC probably never played these.
I mean as far as I'm concerned I'm happy since 4 is the only one I didn't play, so it works fine for me, but the order of release isn't the most logical one.

Kataploom

Gold Member
I'd rather get the trilogy or even individual games since I haven't played the franchise yet... I'll just wait then

SLB1904

Banned
imagine aiming with an analogue stick and still needing aim assist and lock on in nearly all fps and third person shooters lol
Why do you need to imagine when millions and millions of people play with aim assist on. Anyway I play some games with aim assist off. Returnal was the latest.

As someone outside of PS ecosystem and never having played Uncharted I wanted a whole collection I could dive into from the first game to the most recent on PC. Just having these later titles only puts me off wanting to coldly jump into the series late in the game releases.

Do I need to have played the first ones?

Rykan

I disagree. The encounters/challenges become easier when you can precisely hit your target (headshots do matter) while taking advantage of Uncharted's verticality and movement abilities. Locked on aiming is a sin to gaming.

Favorite game of the previous gen was Ghost of Tsushima and I avoided using the bow unless I was forced to. Sony needs to create a Dual Sense keyboard and mouse.
The bow should be avoided because it breaks the game. GoT is already incredibly easy without the bow. With the bow it becomes a cakewalk.

Rykan

No, Uncharted 4 was made for both old and new players.

Of course there are a few in-jokes that recall past moments, but each game is its own story.

If you really want to know the story of 1/2/3 before you play 4, just watch a youtube recap / play through.
I don't really agree with this. You miss out on a whole lot of character development and the whole theme of Uncharted 4 is that it's supposed Nate's last adventure, hence the subtitle being a thief's end.

You can still play 4, but I think it will definitely be a lesser experience without the prior games.

kyliethicc

I don't really agree with this. You miss out on a whole lot of character development and the whole theme of Uncharted 4 is that it's supposed Nate's last adventure, hence the subtitle being a thief's end.

You can still play 4, but I think it will definitely be a lesser experience without the prior games.
Well ...

People who have played Uncharted 123 are like Nate in Uncharted 4. One last adventure. Knowledge of the past, etc.

People who have not played Uncharted before are like Sam in Uncharted 4. Brand new, catching up, asking questions, etc.

The whole thing is like a meta commentary on Uncharted 4 being the end of Nate's journey.

Of course old players get more out of it, but its also clearly made for new players.

Last edited:
No, Uncharted 4 was made for both old and new players.

Of course there are a few in-jokes that recall past moments, but each game is its own story.

If you really want to know the story of 1/2/3 before you play 4, just watch a youtube recap / play through.
Cool, good to know. I'm keen to check out Uncharted, heard good things and never really spoilt anything on YT. Will do on the quick play through for the first ones.

Why do you need to imagine when millions and millions of people play with aim assist on. Anyway I play some games with aim assist off. Returnal was the latest.
your bitchin on mouse and keyboard for no reason., when it is the better way to play any shooter.

Last edited:

yurinka

I get it but in that case it would have made more sense to release 1 2 3 first, because many people on PC probably never played these.
I mean as far as I'm concerned I'm happy since 4 is the only one I didn't play, so it works fine for me, but the order of release isn't the most logical one.
I agree, it would make more sense to release the Nathan Drake Collection first.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
What is the fun in playing with assists on??? "Wow, I hit my target with the assist help!!! Wow, I and the assist are very skilled and precise at hitting our target, WOW!!!" And Returnal has a gigantic hitbox that makes like it also has bullet magnetism assist. Pathetic...

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
What is the fun in playing with assists on??? "Wow, I hit my target with the assist help help!!! Wow, I and the assist are very skilled and precise at hitting my target, WOW!!!" And Returnal has a gigantic hitbox that makes like it also has bullet magnetism assist. Pathetic...
😆

Top Bottom