• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy officially coming to PS5 & PC

Bryank75

Banned
Disappointed it doesn't include 1-3, especially since you know they are going to try and recharge $40-50 for it......

This is the only silver-lining.... I take a quantum of solace in that jim is not offering as much value as he could here.

angry bruce lee GIF

Last edited:

Zuzu

There better be a low cost upgrade path for existing owners. Other than making it 60fps there looks to be little that has been enhanced. The resolution from the trailer is still 1440p.

Banjo64

cumsessed
DF pixel counted it at 1440p this is a lazy remaster.
Pls no :messenger_tears_of_joy: this simply has to be a free upgrade for U4 and LL if you own own them on PS4. They’ve already given free 60fps patches for Ratchet, Horizon, God of War etc. If they try and charge anything (never mind full price) for this 60fps patch they have lost their fucking minds.

Hustler

This is dumb, if it's not free for PS4 owners, then fuck this. Sony remastering a PS4 game and charging for it is stupid, since nothing new will be added other than minor changes to performance. No new dlc or content to make it worth it. I still play the online today, and I love naughty dog and support them all the time but not for this if charged.
Was there an upgrade path for last of us from PS3 to PS4? I assume they’ll take the same route with this.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Uncharted 4 is already "free" on PS5 through the PS+ collection, and Lost Legacy was a budget half-game that wassupposed to be DLC. I really don't get it.

elliot5

Yeah I saw the DF video saying it's 1440p and nothing noticeable with upgrades, so I guess a side by side will be necessary for subtle enhancements.

I'm not sure how they handle free upgrades or $10 upgrades or existing owners. UC4 and LL were separate titles, so unless they literally give it away for PS+ Collection and either UC4 OR LL owners, ... I don't see it happening.

Maybe like a $40 bundle. It's Sony. They're not giving this out for free.

rushgore

Sony charging for this is just annoying. I can understand it’s going to be sold as a full game on PC, but selling it on PS5 is nuts. Given that DF did comment on the PS5 trailer being about 1440p 60fps with no improvements on graphical fidelity, they could just make it an FPS update like Horizon or xbox fps boost.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
So I’d imagine 60hz, probably a higher resolution, dual sense and faster loading for the PS5.
Great for new to the franchise l suppose.
Hope Naughty do a bit more but I’m guessing they won’t.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
I might try this out on pc. Sold my ps4 before uncharted 4 came out. I've heard mixed things so it'll depend on how the pc port turns out

kyliethicc

I’ll probably double dip for this. To play it in 4K would be amazing and I hope there’s other graphical upgrades as well.
So I’d imagine 60hz, probably a higher resolution, dual sense and faster loading for the PS5.
Great for new to the franchise l suppose.
Hope Naughty do a bit more but I’m guessing they won’t.

PS5 version is 1440p 60 Hz.

They took the PS4 Pro version and patched it from 30 to 60 FPS.

That's it so far. "Remastered" my ass lol.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yeah, would it have been that difficult to just get those first three games running at 4K 60fps?
They were already ported to PS4. All they have to do is change the resolution from 1080p to 4k and the PS5 BC logic should have enough horsepower to run it without any tinkering.

PS4 and PS5 are basically PCs nowadays. These games are smart enough to just work. For example, I am playing Killzone shadowfall right now on PS5. It is a 1080p game on the PS4 with an unlocked framerate that hovered around 30 fps. On the Pro, it ran closer to 50 fps because the GPU was able to render more frames and on the PS5 its pretty much a locked 60 fps. The Last Guardian's disc version also runs at 4kcb and an unlocked framerate on the Pro. On the PS5, it's a locked 60 fps as the PS5's more powerful GPU is able to easily render it at 4kcb and 60 fps. No work required despite the game being a cell processor game upconverted to run on the PS4.

All they have to do is release a patch to add a new resolution setting or just change it in the backend for anyone playing it on the PS5. GG, ND, and SSM have already done this. Sony is just being stubborn about it because they probably want money for it. With Bluepoint porting these games, and now a first party Sony studio, it shouldnt really take much effort to add a 4k resolution mode for this trilogy. The biggest effort is probably going to be QA to ensure all three games run without any issues, but QA work is typically very cheap compared to engineering work.

It's just disappointing to see Sony studios be so lazy about this. Bloodborne, DriveClub, Uncharted trilogy, Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy not getting 60 fps and 4k patches is extremely disappointing.

I hate that all I seem to do anymore is complain about the industry, but man, these companies are just continuing to be so scummy towards us. So here we go again:

I can't frickin believe that Sony has the nerve to charge people who already paid $60 and $40 respectively for these two games! We don't know exactly how much but the fact that they have been silent and are packaging them together leads to the obvious conclusion that they will be full priced.

I'm fucking pulling my hair out at the constant stream of bullshit directed mostly towards console players (mores Sony than MS). I could understand $10 for this Uncgarted 4 remaster, like Death Sttanding Dir Cut. Imagine if a company tried to charge PC full price for a remaster of games they already bought! Give me a break man.

Especially when we've been fucking waiting and asking for a simple 60 fps patch. Lots of people love Uncharted 4/Lost legacy, so anyone trying to use the argument that the Remaster is not "needed" for us can go suck a you know what.

You'll don't believe me that we get the short end of the stick on Ps5? Consider this: we have to pay ten dollars more for some games for some unknown arbitrary reason: bf 2042, all Sony exclusives, cod, etc. We have to pay $60 a year to play online games, just to play the shit we already bought even though many don't care about the "free" ps plus games. Keep your shitty games Sony, I just paid $70 for a game is it too much to ask to be able to play that online?

How can Sony justify charging more than $10 for this "remaster" that is looking like a simple res/fps upgrade? Will they also try to charge $10 more for ps5 owners? That would be the final insult man.

Like, wtf is going on in this industry? Gta trilogy, cyberpunk, bf 2042, the nickel and diming, broken games for full price, etc etc

Last edited:
They were already ported to PS4. All they have to do is change the resolution from 1080p to 4k and the PS5 BC logic should have enough horsepower to run it without any tinkering.

PS4 and PS5 are basically PCs nowadays. These games are smart enough to just work. For example, I am playing Killzone shadowfall right now on PS5. It is a 1080p game on the PS4 with an unlocked framerate that hovered around 30 fps. On the Pro, it ran closer to 50 fps because the GPU was able to render more frames and on the PS5 its pretty much a locked 60 fps. The Last Guardian's disc version also runs at 4kcb and an unlocked framerate on the Pro. On the PS5, it's a locked 60 fps as the PS5's more powerful GPU is able to easily render it at 4kcb and 60 fps. No work required despite the game being a cell processor game upconverted to run on the PS4.

All they have to do is release a patch to add a new resolution setting or just change it in the backend for anyone playing it on the PS5. GG, ND, and SSM have already done this. Sony is just being stubborn about it because they probably want money for it. With Bluepoint porting these games, and now a first party Sony studio, it shouldnt really take much effort to add a 4k resolution mode for this trilogy. The biggest effort is probably going to be QA to ensure all three games run without any issues, but QA work is typically very cheap compared to engineering work.

It's just disappointing to see Sony studios be so lazy about this. Bloodborne, DriveClub, Uncharted trilogy, Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy not getting 60 fps and 4k patches is extremely disappointing.
Sony has been so bad with BC. It's taken so long to get 60 fps and many are still missing. Then they are doing very little on things like GoT and Uncharted, which are paid upgrades. I have no hope of ever seeing Driveclub, the Order, gravity rush, or last guardian upgrades. Not just Sony but Rockstar games not upgrading Gta V or Rdr2, but selling remasters full priced years later. Like unless I buy a PC I'll have to wait years to be able to play Red Dead at 60 fps. Sucks.

Trunim

Seriously now, what is this damn new edition anyway? There's no difference in the graphics from what I can see and no multiplayer? How can they charge almost full price for this? They should give 60 fps for free through patch...

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Its really annoying that we have to wait until the January 28th to be able to pay $10 for a 60fps patch.

I needed to kill some time last night and started UC4 from ps+ collection, and now I want to replay it, but its only a couple of weeks until the 60fps patch 😐

To be fair 30fps feels really good on UC4 but i feel like im missing out if i dont wait for the 60fps patch.

God dam it.

Also im buying UC4 for £5 and doing the upgrade option. The PS5 version is £40, which is daylight robbery.

Last edited:
Its really annoying that we have to wait until the January 28th to be able to pay $10 for a 60fps patch.

I needed to kill some time last night and started UC4 from ps+ collection, and now I want to replay it, but its only a couple of weeks until the 60fps patch 😐

To be fair 30fps feels really good on UC4 but i feel like im missing out if i dont wait for the 60fps patch.

God dam it.

Also im buying UC4 for £5 and doing the upgrade option. The PS5 version is £40, which is daylight robbery.
Was it ever confirmed that there's an upgrade path on this one? I lose track.

kyliethicc

Was it ever confirmed that there's an upgrade path on this one? I lose track.
gQeDy3B.jpg

Seriously now, what is this damn new edition anyway? There's no difference in the graphics from what I can see and no multiplayer? How can they charge almost full price for this? They should give 60 fps for free through patch...

Uncharted 4 and Uncharted Lost Legacy remastered.

Singleplayer stories only.

Fidelity mode - 2160p @ 30 Hz
Performance mode - 1440p @ 60 Hz
Performance+ mode - 1080p @ 120 Hz
3D audio
DualSense haptics and adaptive triggers
Faster loading

Last edited:

skit_data

Played through Uncharted 4 for the first time after replaying the Uncharted Collection and I now consider it easily the best. Coming to think of it I consider them better and better with each installment chronologically.

I have Lost Legacy as well and I really want to play it now but it feels a bit like tripping just before the finish line when they both get a PS5 upgrade this month :p

I want Uncharted 5 so bad! Hope we see a new one during this gen!

The franchise has always been a long time favourite amongst my family and friends and of course myself.

I still remember the hype when they showcased UC4 back in 2015, some of the best visuals we had seen to date and people were struggling to beleive it.

I really hope we get a similar moment to that this generation, imagine what a studio as talented as Naughty Dog can pull off for something like Uncharted 5 given the advancements of the newer hardware (PS5).

The franchise has always been a long time favourite amongst my family and friends and of course myself.

I still remember the hype when they showcased UC4 back in 2015, some of the best visuals we had seen to date and people were struggling to beleive it.

I really hope we get a similar moment to that this generation, imagine what a studio as talented as Naughty Dog can pull off for something like Uncharted 5 given the advancements of the newer hardware (PS5).
I don't see anything topping the UC 4 gameplay reveal with the Jeep/motorcycle chase.

I'll be playing this in 4K/30 the way it was meant to be played. Can't wait to see it running in full 4K. Ratchet and Clank looked really nice in 4K.

I'm guessing it doesn't look different from the trailer vs the original because they're both running at 1440p (PS4 Pro at 30fps and PS5 at 60fps).

However, once we're able to compare PS4 Pro running at 1440p vs PS5 running at full 4K, the difference should be noticeable. Also, we don't know if they've added other things in 4K/30 mode (unlikely but we don't know for sure).

Top Bottom