• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 being teased?

Bebpo

Banned
Isn't it kind of late to start working on a PS4 launch window game? I would've thought they would have started development on U4 a month or two after U3 came out last year.

Number45

Isn't it kind of late to start working on a PS4 launch window game? I would've thought they would have started development on U4 a month or two after U3 came out last year.
Maybe the voice work starts relatively late in the game? Also, maybe the PS4 isn't as close as we think? :p

Plus, "launch window" has been pretty vague recently.

ZaCH3000

UC2 is better than UC3 in my opinion but not by far. Its irrelevant though they are still by far the best TPS I have played this gen or even all time. That feeling when you play UC2 for the first time is unmatched...sooo gooood. I think I was high.

My thoughts exactly. I think they were dead even with the exception of two chapters in Uncharted3 that didn't make sense in the context of the story. Other than that I felt both games had different pacing which I liked because I think sequels shouldn't follow the exact formula set by its predecessor. If you dislike the cinematic journey genre that Uncharted3 does the best in the industry, then Uncharted isn't the series for you.

I know I'm playing a great game not only when I'm enjoying the gameplay, set-pieces, cinematics, and incredible graphics, but when there is an audience enjoying watching me play just as much as I am with the controller in hand. It happened freshman year with ten of my friends for Uncharted2 and it happened again at home with my parents whom sat in astonishment for the entire SP campaign for Uncharted3 and they thought video games were stupid until UC3.

That's all the proof I need to ask Naughty Dog to continue the Uncharted series.

arne

We're happy that Graham has a new video game project, but it's not with us.

Sorry folks!

Speculate further on who he may be working with! :)

(Although we do look forward to a time if/when we can work with him again, always a pleasure!)

/thread

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Sorry folks!

(Although we do look forward to a time if/when we can work with him again, always a pleasure!)

Welp.

true Gek

Sorry folks!

/thread

Golden Abyss 2 ...

Basch

I must be the only person who wants to see Uncharted 4 on the PS3. I should probably go run and hide now, but... I'd really like to see Naughty Dog start the PS4 fresh with a new IP or continue the legacy of the Last of Us and forget about sequels for a while and only do new IPs on the PS4. Another Uncharted would be welcomed gladly, I just hope they just use this to tie up the PS3's legacy. Much in the same way God of War II and Persona 3/4 did the PS2's.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Sorry folks!

/thread

Indeed, thanks arne.

smr00

Banned
Unhcarted 4, Infamous 3, God of War 4 and Last Guardian all PS4 launch titles.

Greatest launch of all time, BELIEVE!

strafer

Sorry folks!

/thread

0156_ymqb.gif

LuuKyK

Sorry folks!

/thread

Thanks for clarifying things arne. :)

imo About Uncharted 4 though: As much as I love Uncharted I think it does need a rest for now.

LastNac

Few months after release they will give us Killzone 4, Resistance 4, LBP3 and Heavy Rain 2 or Heavenly Sword 2.

Can't put out everything day 1. Also FF 7 and 8 HD remakes.,

Would like a Heavenly Sword 2. David Cage does not do sequels.

I don't think we are going to get a Resistance 4 my friend.

1st day on a new project. There can't be that much done so we really don't need to speculate here. Maybe some screens or a trailer of the concept at E3 but not before.

sappyday

Sorry folks!

/thread
This is why I like it when developers are on GAF, clear things up and not make us waste our time. Although I'm willing to bet Kotaku will still make an article about it somehow.

Why do we think there will even be an Uncharted 4? Naughty Dog is known for a doing a new IP series every generation, and the story was pretty much wrapped up in Uncharted 3.

Mikey Jr.

Sorry folks!

/thread

Dreams crushed.

Urghhh.

i-Lo

Why have people assumed it has to do with gaming?

Sorry folks!

/thread

It makes sense. Given the way story unfolded in U2. Still, thank you for the clarification.

Why do we think there will even be an Uncharted 4? Naughty Dog is known for a doing a new IP series every generation, and the story was pretty much wrapped up in Uncharted 3.

Pretty sure they've already said they're not done with Drake. They didn't continue Crash because they didn't have the rights to it anymore. They didn't continue Jak because it didn't light the world on fire...and probably other reasons, I think they said they always wanted something more realistic like Uncharted but couldn't do so on PS2 hardware.

With the success they've had with Uncharted they'd be crazy not to continue the franchise on PS4.

Keep Uncharted the mainstay franchise for Naughty Dog next-gen, and switch it out bi-yearly with whatever other stuff they want to come up with like The Last of Us.

Gorillaz

Sorry folks!

/thread

My Dreams have just been shattered

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Looks like this is not a hint then.

That said, wouldn't be surprised to see an UC4 teaser at E3, or at the latest the VGAs.

KAL2006

Banned

Are you for real. Naughty Dog made a new IP every generation out of coincidence. Sony didn't own the Crash IP so they moved on from that. Naughty Dogg wanted to make a more realistic game like Uncharted but needed more power that is why they stopped making Jak. Finally the Uncharted IP is much bigger than those other IPs and it has longer legs, didn't Uncharted 3 sell better than 2. Why would they stop now. I think they made Naughty Dog bigger so they can continue to make Unchartrd and a new IP.

ZeroRay

It's always disappointed me that UC3 genuinely had all of the flaws that UC2 haters accused that game of having.

UC2 is full of fantastic level design and great amounts of freedom in how you tackle its encounters.

Preach!

Though a lot of UC3's problems can be attributed to needing more time. ND just barely got a working product out in time.

daoster

Agreed, UC2 is great and all but i enjoyed UC3 more. I feel like we are the minority here though :/

I loved UC3. I don't know if I liked it better than UC2, but at the same time, i don't know if I like UC2 better than UC3. They're just two experiences that I enjoy so, so much. I really don't get the hate for UC3!

I would love to see UC4, but at the same time, I'd be perfectly okay with the way UC3 ended. I thought it just ended on a very high note, in terms of where the characters are and all that.

LastNac

I loved UC3. I don't know if I liked it better than UC2, but at the same time, i don't know if I like UC2 better than UC3. They're just two experiences that I enjoy so, so much. I really don't get the hate for UC3!

I would love to see UC4, but at the same time, I'd be perfectly okay with the way UC3 ended. I thought it just ended on a very high note, in terms of where the characters are and all that.

It did close the book, but then again, there are always stories to tell.

Would like to see Drake go to the orient.

The Great Wall.

velociraptor

I love Uncharted. But I'm all charted out.

I would be happy to wait a small while until Uncharted 4 is released. And please, please make the experience closer to Uncharted 2.

Batman

Banned
If they actually do a 4th game I hope they take their time to make it near flawless so we don't have another aiming issue like 3 or a clearly rushed and buggy game.

Top Bottom