• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 by far the most successful launch in the series in the UK

Loudninja

[Week 49, 2007] UNCHARTED: DRAKE'S FORTUNE (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
[Week 42, 2009] UNCHARTED 2: AMONG THIEVES (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 84,000 / NEW
[Week 44, 2011] UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE'S DECEPTION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 115,000 / NEW
[Week 08, 2012] UNCHARTED: GOLDEN ABYSS (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 27,000 / NEW
[Week 41, 2015] UNCHARTED: THE NATHAN DRAKE COLLECTION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 39,000 / NEW
[Week 19, 2016] UNCHARTED 4: A THIEF'S END (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 192,000 / NEW
I imagine it has to be over 200k with digital.

Man how this franchise has grown.

[Week 44, 2011] UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE'S DECEPTION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 115,000 / NEW
[Week 41, 2015] UNCHARTED: THE NATHAN DRAKE COLLECTION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 39,000 / NEW

200k just in the UK? Holy shit. I wonder how well it will do in other big European countries like France and Germany.

Also, surprised that the Nathan Drake Collection had such low week 1 sales. Do we have any idea at all how well that sold in total?

Mung

Amazing. People like me who went digital aren't even included in these numbers, so an even bigger increase.

I imagine it has to be over 200k with digital.

Man how this franchise has grown.

It's a perfect example of a game which starts out at a decent level but grows to titanic proportions with a great developer behind it and good publisher support. It's just a shame most publishers these days don't recognise this and just want a massive AAA smash hit straight out of the gate.

cameron

Kinda insane. That's great to hear for the genre. Congrats.
Good for ND to end their last Uncharted game on such a positive/high note.

200k just in the UK? Holy shit. I wonder how well it will do in other big European countries like France and Germany.

Also, surprised that the Nathan Drake Collection had such low week 1 sales. Do we have any idea at all how well that sold in total?

No MP probably killed all the hype for NDC

T.O.P

Banned
Beating UC3 by 66%?
friday-damn-gif.gif

Welp, it is 66% better than U3 ;)

Javin98

Banned
Outsold Halo 5 in its first week opening.

Uncharted now bigger than Halo.
Just like with Ratchet and Clank and Quantum Break, wouldn't surprise me at all if Uncharted 4 outsells Halo 5 in the US as well. For reference, how many units exactly did Halo 5 sell in its debut week in the UK?

Congratulations, ND. Uncharted 4 is probably the best game I've ever played.

ArmGunar

Just like with Ratchet and Clank and Quantum Break, wouldn't surprise me at all if Uncharted 4 outsells Halo 5 in the US as well. For reference, how many units exactly did Halo 5 sell in its debut week in the UK?

Congratulations, ND. Uncharted 4 is probably the best game I've ever played.

160k for Halo 5
390k for Halo Reach

Gonna clear 5m launch day!
Shipped + Digital

That seems unlikely. Typically the UK accounts for about 10% of the global market. I think 3 million sales for opening week is doable though, once digital sales are accounted for.

No MP probably killed all the hype for NDC

On the other hand, were people really all that interested in Uncharted 4 because of the multiplayer? Take a look at the number of posts in the two OTs - I think that's indicative that people overwhelmingly care about this franchise due to the campaign.

SRTtoZ

It's crazy to see ND walk away from the franchise at its Peak. Something other developers should have done with their franchises long ago.

T-0800

Digital sales will be interesting. In Australia PSN had it for $79 while some stores were selling it for $99.

T-0800

It's crazy to see ND walk away from the franchise at its Peak. Something other developers should have done with their franchises long ago.

It's a good thing isn't it. MS should have put Halo to bed for a few years. I understand why they didn't though.

I'd be happy if we never see another UC game and I love the UC games.

Its probably easier for ND because a The Last of Us sequel or if they decide to make a brand new IP will probably sell as well, because people know about Naughty Dog's qualities by now + Sony will market the hell out of that too.

On the other hand, were people really all that interested in Uncharted 4 because of the multiplayer? Take a look at the number of posts in the two OTs - I think that's indicative that people overwhelmingly care about this franchise due to the campaign.

Two OTs don't represent entire fanbase. Uncharted MP has strong community. Yes, the series is known for its SP but MP also help it

zsynqx

Its probably easier for ND because a The Last of Us sequel or if they decide to make a brand new IP will probably sell as well, because people know about Naughty Dog's qualities by now + Sony will market the hell out of that too.

Yup

"New IP from the makers of Uncharted and The Last of Us"

jjonez18

That seems unlikely. Typically the UK accounts for about 10% of the global market. I think 3 million sales for opening week is doable though, once digital sales are accounted for.

UC3 shipped 3.8m it's opening day. UC4 is obsiously doing better. Come to think of it, it could ship a bit less due to no Black Friday + Christmas though. Either way it should do better than UC3. If they give numbers for a week then I expect 5m+. If it's for launch day at least on par with UC3

Top Bottom