• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 by far the most successful launch in the series in the UK

orochi91

Sony should let Platinum Games develop future UC projects.

Now is the perfect time to drastically shake-up the formula, especially since ND has moved on from the franchise.

I tell you h'wat, these figures bode enormously well for that Crash Bandicoot game Naughty Dog have got in the pipeline. Brace yourself Crash, mega-stardom beckons once again.

Numbered Uncharted even at its peak sold less than a non-numbered mainline HALO.

Worth Pondering

Not really. Just shows that Halo was a fucking beast in its prime, but we already knew that.

I tell you h'wat, these figures bode enormously well for that Crash Bandicoot game Naughty Dog have got in the pipeline. Brace yourself Crash, mega-stardom beckons once again.

This is a positive topic. Don't upset me.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Numbered Uncharted even at its peak sold less than a non-numbered mainline HALO.

Worth Pondering

Only in the US and UK. Uncharted outsells Halo pretty much everywhere else. U4 is going to run rings around H5, probably could challange the best selling Halo (3?) game ww sales.

GeoramA

Holy shit. Drake going out with a bang.

And think...TLoU 2 is going to do even better. ND is on an amazing run right now.

Now is the perfect time to drastically shake-up the formula, especially since ND has moved on from the franchise.

An Uncharted game with Platinum's writing and storytelling? Nah fam, I'm good with the series ending now if that's the alternative.

Pop

How about, no.

Let ND end it for now and work on something new.

Worth Pondering

Is it? I mean to begin with Halo 5 is a numbered mainline Halo that sold less than Uncharted 4. So why doesn't that count? And it is the most recent one so it is fair to say that currently Uncharted is bigger than Halo. Not to mention that UK and US are where Xbox has always been the strongest, so worldwide the sales were much closer. And again, for the most recent releases, Halo 5 and Uncharted 4, worldwide UC4 will outsell H5 by a huge margin.

Gurish

Just like with Ratchet and Clank and Quantum Break, wouldn't surprise me at all if Uncharted 4 outsells Halo 5 in the US as well. For reference, how many units exactly did Halo 5 sell in its debut week in the UK?

Congratulations, ND. Uncharted 4 is probably the best game I've ever played.

QB outsold H5 in the US? I thought the game bombed.
\
And I'm glad you like the game so much :)

orochi91

This bodes well for NA launch sales.

That's one way to ensure Uncharted will stop selling.

An Uncharted game with Platinum's writing and storytelling? Nah fam, I'm good with the series ending now if that's the alternative.
Nightmare

How about, no.

Let ND end it for now and work on something new.

There's potential tho; crazy set pieces, coupled with stylish over-the-top gunplay (PG-style), and now you've suddenly got a recipe for something truly special.

:eek:

silva1991

[Week 49, 2007] UNCHARTED: DRAKE'S FORTUNE (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
[Week 42, 2009] UNCHARTED 2: AMONG THIEVES (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 84,000 / NEW
[Week 44, 2011] UNCHARTED 3: DRAKE'S DECEPTION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 115,000 / NEW
[Week 08, 2012] UNCHARTED: GOLDEN ABYSS (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 27,000 / NEW
[Week 41, 2015] UNCHARTED: THE NATHAN DRAKE COLLECTION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 39,000 / NEW
[Week 19, 2016] UNCHARTED 4: A THIEF'S END (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) - 192,000 / NEW

[Week 46, 2015] RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE) - 42,000 / NEW

This is hilarious because someone last year told me that Uncharted 4 was delayed because Sony was afraid of Tomb raider.

not sure about that buddy.

f@luS

More than a member.
So glad. Recently my ps4 revived my gaming envy I lost a little bit these past times. Was playing now just some Mp game where I love some nice SP which I didn't find any game interesting enough for me. Ratchet and uncharted are a blessing this month for me

Ryng_tolu

Banned
First week Bigger exclusives for all 3.

[PS4] UNCHARTED 4: A THIEF END - 192,000
[XBO] HALO 5: GUARDIANS - 150,000
[WIU] MARIO KART 8 - 69,000

Javin98

Banned
QB outsold H5 in the US? I thought the game bombed.

And I'm glad you like the game so much :)
No, man, I meant Ratchet and Clank outsold Quantum Break in the US. I expect the same thing to happen with Uncharted 4 and Halo 5. I assume you know which should come out on top. ;)

And yeah, I'm glad the game delivered. My most anticipated game of all time, I think. I couldn't stop talking about it to everyone around me close to release.

Gurish

No, man, I meant Ratchet and Clank outsold Quantum Break in the US. I expect the same thing to happen with Uncharted 4 and Halo 5. I assume you know which should come out on top. ;)

And yeah, I'm glad the game delivered. My most anticipated game of all time, I think. I couldn't stop talking about it to everyone around me close to release.

Oh, yea it's pretty obvious.

And I know, I was there ;)

ArmGunar

Eh? Someone said that Halo 5 sold 160K earlier. Which is right?

I can't quote the right part but here is the source
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/716424-halo-5-guardians/72750868

This Week Data showed Halo5 in UK did 50% more business than Halo:MCC in its first week and performed slightly better than AC:Syndicate (ACS which released on 2Platforms(notPC) and is also underperforming compared to every other Mainline AC).
H5 opening week selling even less than Halo:ODST (which is shocking)
Note: (This Data never includes Digital Sales, these are all Retail data)

So this put Halo5 first week sales in UK at about : 160K
even after we add Digital Sales it is almost sure to have performed worse just by looking at more influential Retail Sales.

Gurish

Well, it seems like you enjoyed the game as well? How would you rank it?

I didn't beat it yet, taking my sweet time (and not playing as much as I want :( ), it's been wonderful up until this point.

It's the best in the series today obviously, just becuase gameplay is so improved, but I need to finish it first to see if its impact is bigger than U2 in 2009 for me.

madmackem

Worth Pondering
Lol good spin there, let's forget for a minute 360 install base was larger and halo is an fps that automatically sells more than other genres. You should post you're cv to ms they need the help spinning numbers of late.

There's potential tho; crazy set pieces, coupled with stylish over-the-top gunplay (PG-style), and now you've suddenly got a recipe for something truly special.

It's not a good fit at all. Platinum are crap at level design, pacing and writing, all of which are absolutely key to the Uncharted experience.

Uncharted should not be a crazy wild combat action game, and people need to scrap this meme that Platinum should be developing everything.

ArmGunar

You can add Ryse and SO I guess

1463392497-iphone-image-05-16-2016.jpg

EGM1966

Worth Pondering
Pondering it I've come to the conclusion Halo was bigger at peak but is dipping alarmingly while Uncharted is either at peak or still growing.

My conclusion is MS has allowed core franchises to fragment with no replacements in site whereas Sony introducing new IP last gen plus releasing existing IP has proven to be the better strategy leading into this gen and is now really paying off.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Hoo-doo

Banned
One of the best games I've played in years. Absolute masters of their craft.

The fact that Naughty Dog actually gets to decide to move on to a brand new IP instead of being pressured to keep churning out sequels is fucking beautiful. Other publishers should take note because this is how you keep a developer on the absolute top of their game.

Can't wait for that Savage Starlight game.

Top Bottom