• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 delayed to Spring 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are assumptions that have to be made and asked if you ever want answers. Here's what we know: a number of mainstay Uncharted developers and creative people left, all around the same time, at the height of development on their big next gen project and the studio wants to bury it as deeply in the past as possible. But yes, we don't know what happened.

Bury it deep in the past?
Okay Fonda you have to be joking if your not joking and aren't a 15 year old girl im going to start getting worried.

Okay, dude. I've been on NeoGAF for some 8 years now and I have never once claimed to be an insider or anything close to it. But I have been an Uncharted fan for about the same amount of time, and I follow the series as much as anyone can.

When Amy Hennig left, IGN ran their article and Mitch Dyer's had sources tell him that said Amy was "forced out"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/05/uncharted-ps4-writer-amy-hennig-leaves-naughty-dog

That's where all this speculation began, so people thinking I'm coming up with this on my own, give me a break. It's been around and will probably always be around until we get answers some day.

And Naughty Dog denied that she was forced out. IGN also reported The Last Guardian was cancelled according to "sources". It's still speculation.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
so what does Sony have for the holiday? indies?

4rttGHk.gif

Okay, dude..
AuIXQ8c.jpg

I was clearly messing with you because you are taking this all way too personally.

Nibel

I think in these times there are always reasons to be concerned with studios, but some of what I read here feels like an overreaction.. there is no way they won't ship this before fall 2016. While I agree that developing videogames has become harder and more expensive, we also need to consider that this is Naughty Dog which has a big budget and a huge amount of talent to work with and that Sony probably doesn't want another game being delayed over and over again.

The latest date is probably June 2016 just like The Last Of Us which also proved that it doesn't matter when you release if the marketing and quality is there.

Sony delays a high profile Q4 game Every. Single. Year.

Seriously.

On the positive side, now I'm expecting a game or two to be announced in the next few months.
that's certainly what it feels like. but yeah I'm keen to see what they will offer this thanksgiving/christmas.

Mikey Jr.

I gotta say, this does give Microsoft an excellent opportunity to make up sales that they lost throughout the year.

They probably wont go to $299, but I wonder if maybe they'll bundle in Tomb Raider.

But yeah, I can see MS closing the gap in Nov/Dec to make up the losses from Jan-Oct.

xxracerxx

I gotta say, this does give Microsoft an excellent opportunity to make up sales that they lost throughout the year.

They probably wont go to $299, but I wonder if maybe they'll bundle in Tomb Raider.

But yeah, I can see MS closing the gap in Nov/Dec to make up the losses from Jan-Oct.

Only in the US will they close the gap...and I would be one if they lowered the price that much and threw in a few games (which I fully expect this holiday).

Darksol

The gap has never been closed and likely never will.

Kevin

Everyone is calling 2015 "The big year for games" and I have a feeling a LOT of those games will be delayed into next year and beyond.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
And Naughty Dog denied that she was forced out. IGN also reported The Last Guardian was cancelled according to "sources". It's still speculation.

... not even a sentence in ND's 30th anniversary celebration video. She worked for about a decade there and was key to starting the Uncharted franchise...

WinFonda

Evan Wells and Christophe Balestra denied it, yes, but they have an obligation to. Mitch never retracted his story. It's still a he said / she said situation. And in this case Amy can't speak about it, obviously.

that's a pretty safe bet.. its the indiedelaystation 4 lol

This reads like a comment on youtube or GameFAQs.

OT: if we have learned anything over the last 6 months, it's that games should not be launched early, but when they are ready. I wouldn't want Uncharted 4 to be a new Master Chief Collection.

On a more practical note, I wonder if this means an uncharted PS4 collection, or further multiplayer content for the last of us.

vpance

Wada isn't S-E CEO any longer and if anything, S-E would be like "milk was a bad choice" after hearing about this.

What's this about milk?

They'll go all out and make last year's fire sale look like a wet match. Sony just opened the main gates.

BriGuy

You think they're going to sell 15+ million units over the holiday?

With most of the highly anticipated AAA getting delayed, is it possible that a dark-horse indie title winning GOTY this year? Could get very interesting....

Nibel

Everyone is calling 2015 "The big year for games" and I have a feeling a LOT of those games will be delayed into next year and beyond.

Everybody calls it 'the big year for games' because most of these anticipated games have already been delayed to 2015. :p

Mikey Jr.

Only in the US will they close the gap...and I would be one if they lowered the price that much and threw in a few games (which I fully expect this holiday).

The gap has never been closed and likely never will.

What's this about milk?

They'll go all out and make last year's fire sale look like a wet match. Sony just opened the main gates.

You think they're going to sell 15+ million units over the holiday?

Whoops, meant in North America.

so what does Sony have for the holiday? indies?

I think they'll try and push No Man's Sky into a major AAA event. Which would be extremely ballsy, but could work out for them.

Also, they've probably got something in the chamber for E3. Likely another mid-range title like LBP3. But hey, riding on the hype of third party releases went pretty well for them last holiday season - so I imagine that will stay the case. Hype up the big Destiny expansion, get lead platform status for a Ubisoft release, maybe get co-marketing for Battlefront... Then you've got MGS V, CoD, and countless other big Fall releases still appearing on their platform.

Square Enix is pretty fucked though. Their plan was to release the game on PS4 in the Spring.
What? What's your source?

I thought at this point everything regarding RotTR's PS4 release was speculation. If I had to guess I'd say Microsoft secured the game for one year but it's all conjecture.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Does this mean that their deal with MS was entirely worthless?

Yes and no.
No in the sense that they get to pocket that money from MS and sit back while they market the game for them.

Yes because if their intent was to avoid UC4 on PS4 they achieved nothing and delaying that version even further will stifle sales more than they probably will be already.

Yes and no.
No in the sense that they get to pocket that money from MS and sit back while they market the game for them.

Yes because if their intent was to avoid UC4 on PS4 they achieved nothing and delaying that version even further will stifle sales more than they probably will be already.
Can you state your source that the ROTTR was a spring 2016 PS4 release?

orochi91

I was under the impression that the PS4 was supposed to be infinitely more easier to develop for, as opposed to the PS3; "time-to-triangle" thing.

WWS taking forever to get their games out the door this gen, in a timely fashion, is baffling.

Yes and no.

Is there any evidence for the notion that they were planning on releasing Rise on PS4 in the Spring? I thought we never got firm details on the exclusivity window.

A summer release would probably go fine for them.

xxracerxx

They announced the game back at the PS4 launch event on Spike. I think a lot of people fairly assumed that it could hit in time for the following holiday season.
Then those people were naive.

Is there any evidence for the notion that they were planning on releasing Rise on PS4 in the Spring? I thought we never got firm details on the exclusivity window.

Kagari is the source and all you need.

I was under the impression that the PS4 was supposed to be infinitely more easier to develop for, as opposed to the PS3; "time-to-triangle" thing.

WWS taking forever to get their games out the door this gen, in a timely fashion, is baffling.
First paragraph does not make the second true. That is also naive. Games take time and delays happen. I know you feel physical pain every time a Sony game is not up to par but either let it go or start gaming on other systems (hint you won't avoid delays though).

vpance

I think they'll try and push No Man's Sky into a major AAA event. Which would be extremely ballsy, but could work out for them.

Is that confirmed to release this year? I'd rather it come out along with Morpheus because it seems like it was meant to be played in VR.

They should just cut to $299 and try to lock up an exclusive marketing deal with AC or something if they still can.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I've been told 4-6 months following launch which just happens to be... Spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom