• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 delayed to Spring 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skux

oZ55XgP.gif

I wouldn't be shocked. I'll try and find out.

Ok Thanks :)

Considering the enormous loss of sales and damage to the franchise due to not launching on the console with the biggest TR fanbase in the fall, 10 million doesnt sound ridiculous at all to me.

Its just...DIdnt Square Enix spend over 100 Mio on the Tomb Raider Reboot `?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=530493

Making a deal with Microsoft (who bought Minecraft for 2 billion) for only 10 Mio sounds too low for me....
Is that really a sum of money that makes a huge studio like Square Enix weak??

This is a real shame as it was the big game over Christmas I was really looking forward to. Uncharted is probably my favourite Sony exclusive series.
It stings even more knowing that TR was supposed to launch this holiday on PS4 and likley will now shop around the same time as UC4 next year.

On the plus side, I remember the last time a ND game got pushed and ended up being one of the best games Id played in years. I'm sure they did this for good reasons and the game will be all the better for it...

Ok Thanks :)

Its just...DIdnt Square Enix spend over 100 Mio on the Tomb Raider Reboot `?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=530493

Making a deal with Microsoft (who bought Minecraft for 2 billion) for only 10 Mio sounds too low for me....
Is that really a sum of money that makes a huge studio like Square Enix weak??

Yes, this is my point, it seems too small in relation to the damage it will cause the franchise.

vpance

Whoever mentioned the thing about Sony pairing up with Assassin's Creed again... eh. No. They did for many years but it's really worn out its welcome hasn't it?

Instead this year they've tied up marketing rights for Metal Gear Solid 5, Batman and there's a rumor they have the new Star Wars too.

That was me. I knew about Batman, but not the others. If Star Wars is holiday bound that I guess wouldn't be too bad for Sony. And MGS will sell well through the end of the year and always was a PS associated game... But that U4 $299 cherry on the top combo would've killed :|

Whoever mentioned the thing about Sony pairing up with Assassin's Creed again... eh. No. They did for many years but it's really worn out its welcome hasn't it?

Instead this year they've tied up marketing rights for Metal Gear Solid 5, Batman and there's a rumor they have the new Star Wars too.

Huh, would've figured Microsoft would tie down MGS V - especially since they did the gameplay demo on their mainstage a few years ago.

jackdoe

That was me. I knew about Batman, but not the others. If Star Wars is holiday bound that I guess wouldn't be too bad for Sony. And MGS will sell well through the end of the year and always was a PS associated game... But that U4 $299 cherry on the top combo would've killed :|
Maybe they'll pull off a Dragon Quest Heroes and release a Uncharted 4 bundle this holiday season with a voucher for a digital copy of Uncharted 4 whenever it releases.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Huh, would've figured Microsoft would tie down MGS V - especially since they did the gameplay demo on their mainstage a few years ago.

MGS5 was on Sony's stage at E3, Gamecom and TGS last year. There is also a custom PS4 hardware announced for Japan already.

How much does a game like RotTR's production cost (not counting marketing)? My guess is 20 million which, if true, would mean MS paid for half of its cost in exchange for a 6 month (according to some here) exclusivity. Sounds ridiculous.

20 million? Try double that for triple A

Chobel

Is the Star Wars rumor strong? I would've assumed MS considering EA Access and all.

MS has AC, CoD, The Division, probably Rainbow Six plus who knows what many XB1 exclusives... I doubt they can manage another big title this fall even if they want to.

Ascenion

MS has AC, CoD, The Division, probably Rainbow Six plus who knows what many XB1 exclusives... I doubt they can manage another big title this fall even if they want to.
Forgot about The Division and Rainbow Six. Didn't even know they were dated for this year.

16BitNova

Good, I'd rather have games be done correctly and shipped in the best state possible, unlike many games we have gotten this gen.

Also, what!? I didn't know this was the end to Nathan Drake's story! Awwww man!

Jingo

Jesus, a possible 6 months delay, damm it, anyway , always told it was gonna get delayed, this the delayed generation.

Would've been 'kewl' to see a Triple Victorian Bundle though. (Order + Bloodborne + Victory)

DAMN!

This is a huge deal.

This is a HUGE blow to Sony's 2015 lineup.

What is going to be their big 2015 title now?

Bloodborne is coming in in a few days, MLB on the way, then you've got stuff like Persona 5 and DQH. And the a ton of smaller titles like Rime, Tomorrow Children, Tearaway, etc. They'll be alright

Megatron

It's kind of a good thing for me, really. I was kind of wondering if I'd feel burned out playing U4 and Rise of the Tomb Raider back to back. This will be a nice way to space them out. (Now watch RotTR get delayed)

kyser73

Yea, not a fan of this at all. I would have been one of those people who would have said that sony can't afford to not have Uncharted 4 for this holiday.

Guess xbox will be able to catch up next holiday season again, their exclusive offerings seem far more solid.

Catch up in one territory, and most likely that'll be based around price point rather than exclusives.

Seriously - you actually think UC4 not being around for Xmas is going to enable Xbone to catch PS4 globally?

I don't understand why the hell they delayed it now anyway?

If this was coming out for a projected November release, they would've had 7-8 months to finish this from now.

So why delay it this early? Why not wait and see if they could still finish it up in time?

Its friggin moronic to postpone a release with that much time to go.

Reg

Banned

If this was coming out for a projected November release, they would've had 7-8 months to finish this from now.

So why delay it this early? Why not wait and see if they could still finish it up in time?

No it's not. This is what prudent project management is.

I don't think they would do this unless they had to, its not like they purposfully want to upset people. Better to be safe than sorry and not rush out something you feel you cant finish in time. I would rather they announce a delay now than later.

When you're on a project that takes 4+ years to complete you know if it's going to actually take an extra few months when you're in that final stretch.

Josh5890

Better to announce it now than later, like say after E3. I don't mind as long as they polish the game. I'll have enough to play in 2015 and then some so losing this game won't make me cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom