• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 has gone gold

Nibel

10 times as big huh

I'll be looking for treasures forever
tumblr_lgkv1cempw1qdrchqnd.gif

Donos

Same reason why Breaking Bad ended after 5 seasons. They have a story to tell, and they're sticking to that plan. Going out on a high note, rather than milking it.

Yep. That's why i enjoy 10 episode mini series (e.g. Fargo, True Detective) and series where the producers say home many seasons they have planned way more compared to ones where they ride on the hype/the high ratings as long as they can, creating stupid stuff and over the top season endings on the way.

Back to OT. Let's see how big the marketing push for this is going to be.

Slaythe

Same reason why Breaking Bad ended after 5 seasons. They have a story to tell, and they're sticking to that plan. Going out on a high note, rather than milking it.

They had virtually no story to tell with Uncharted.

They had to come up with new ideas with 2 and 3. Balestra said they just don't want to rely on one franchise and they think they have done enough of that story, they felt 3 wasn't a definitive send off for them, so they wrote 4 with that in mind, no matter if they ever make another sequel or not in the distant future. They want to move on.

But they still had to come up with that story from scratch, they had no idea where they were headed before they started writing it.

Unlike Breaking Bad.

The size of this game will be nuts.

Considering ND have said this is the longest Uncharted too, and I take my sweet time playing, I'll clock a playitime similar to TLoU.

Des

What I am wondering is if you can hop in and out of the boat.

It would be great if there's say an optional treasure in that ship, but it seems like it would be so expensive and time consuming to put detail across a large amount of sea bed. They are crazy enough to do it mind.

April: Dark Souls 3
May: Uncharted 4
June: No Man's Sky

My PS4 is gonna see some serious shit this year, I really need to find a new job

Javin98

Banned
Deleted tweet from Playstation. Preview for tomorrow's "Making of" video. (Video is private)

CeJw3zPXIAAIFs6.jpg:large
10 times bigger? Hell, yes! I've been dying for a game that has big open ended maps but is not open world. Actually, come to think of it, Bloodborne fits this criteria very well and is probably one of the reasons why I'm enjoying it so much. Anyway, back on topic, hopefully, the larger levels will give the campaign at least 14 hours of playtime.

What I am wondering is if you can hop in and out of the boat.

It would be great if there's say an optional treasure in that ship, but it seems like it would be so expensive and time consuming to put detail across a large amount of sea bed. They are crazy enough to do it mind.

That's what I'm wondering as well. As I said on another thread, it would be nice to see a few minutes showcasing the vehicles gameplay and how you can approach the environments' openness with those. (boat, inflatable boat, jeep, quad, etc.)

I'm not sure about using boats in a wide environment like sea, but navigating through ruins with an inflatable boat and doing scuba diving would be quite interesting to play.

Couple things I'm still worried about, is there's been no mention of either singleplayer skins or co-op/wave modes online :/ I know they're two different things, but each will solidify both the single and multi-player modes for me, separately.

jett

D-Member
I saw a trailer for this game at the movie theater when I went to watch Batman Bin Suparman. First time I see a video game ad at the movies in my country. Sony going all out on this bitch.

zsynqx

I saw a trailer for this game at the movie theater when I went to watch Batman Bin Suparman. First time I see a video game ad at the movies in my country. Sony going all out on this bitch.

Someone in the other thread mentioned it.

I went to the midnight screening of batman vs superman in Aus and flipped out when i saw it
(Ill be going to the movies on monday hopefully it shows up again which ill film on my phone if thats the case)

Pretty sure it was cgi (not the one of him diving for his brothers hand) hes sitting in a burning buildig can't remember what he says and he flicks a coin towards the screen then there are quick cuts and hes hanging of a car on that waterfall

I've messaged both ND and neil so hopefully i'll get an answer back as it was an awesome trailer

I assume this is the trailer you saw.

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
The size of this game will be nuts.

Considering ND have said this is the longest Uncharted too, and I take my sweet time playing, I'll clock a playitime similar to TLoU.

I'm going to play this on the hardest difficulty going to be a hard and fun time lol

I can't see anything on Amazon US. I just found it on the UK store in the past couple of days as a recent description update... it's noted on some other UK retailers too. Found it pretty amusing it's almost identical to my boxart I created a while ago for fun out of fans wanting something different.

zsynqx

Looks like press are going hands on pretty soon. (Assuming this is for the press). Someone posted this on twitter without context, so I'm not 100% sure.

CeW04ZtUYAAYQgr.jpg:large

Top Bottom