• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 has gone gold

nib95

Banned
Okay Detective Gaf, a Reddit user found this while scrolling in an IGN article, I'm guessing is from that trailer/commercial from BvS?

Not entirely sure. Maybe the start of that waterfall drop story trailer clip? The background boat looks like some sort of inflatable power boat with a turret gun mounted to the front?

leZYXE.jpg

rib-2.jpg

10X bigger than the shipyard scene? That is massive! I love toybox scenarios where I can freely experiment. Can't wait yo see how many emergent scenarios I can perform as ND. Something that is somewhat realized in 3 but TLOU cat-n-mouse feature being the final ingredient to completion.

10X bigger than the shipyard scene? That is massive! I love toybox scenarios where I can freely experiment. Can't wait yo see how many emergent scenarios I can perform as ND. Something that is somewhat realized in 3 but TLOU cat-n-mouse feature being the final ingredient to completion.

I expect the largest open areas to be exploration/traversal-only.

Auctopus

Pretty sure ND meant the amount of explorable space in the entire game is 10x the size of previous games. Not each space on their own.

This is most likely down to these new drive around areas.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I expect the largest open areas to be exploration/traversal-only.

Pretty sure ND meant the amount of explorable space in the entire game is 10x the size of previous games. Not each space on their own.

This is most likely down to these new drive around areas.

With all that extra space it wouldn't surprise me if ND have added an upgrade/craft system to this game similar to TLOU. Searching for treasure is fine but if they give us a reason to scout the area other than that it would make those spaces more important and useful.

Okay Detective Gaf, a Reddit user found this while scrolling in an IGN article, I'm guessing is from that trailer/commercial from BvS?

Don't hype me up like that.

Looks like there's a storm going on. Assuming it's from the game, that scene could be the one where Nate ends up unconscious on the beach, separated from Sam.

It could lead to a scene similar to the original reveal, to something recalling this artwork, or a scene taking place a few minutes before the PSX demo. All these could be related.

Edit : It's from the staggering new CG trailer, so one can only hope that this set piece is also in the game.

Hopefully it won't. Got to avoid them spoilers.
Not everyone is an asshole. I had gotten Uncharted 3 one week earlier and I didn't spoil anything...

Need to finish/plat the Campaign first and get ready for the MP! So yeah, I wouldn't mind a head start...

With all that extra space it wouldn't surprise me if ND have added an upgrade/craft system to this game similar to TLOU. Searching for treasure is fine but if they give us a reason to scout the area other than that it would make those spaces more important and useful.

Nah. Switching up guns in the middle of a firefight is an Uncharted trademark, and having an upgrade system would mean Drake lugging around every single type of weapon he comes across. It's not going to happen.

Besides, if there was a craft system for TLOU-like items (which I also don't think makes sense in Uncharted), ND would have mentioned it already.

Don't hype me up like that.

Looks like there's a storm going on. Assuming it's from the game, that scene could be the one where Nate ends up unconscious on the beach, separated from Sam.

It could lead to a scene similar to the original reveal, to something recalling this artwork, or a scene taking place a few minutes before the PSX demo. All these could be related.

Edit : It's from the staggering new CG trailer, so one can only hope that this set piece is also in the game.

There's no doubt in my mind after the cruise ship level in Uncharted 3 that the boat sequence from the CG trailer will be in the game.

There's no doubt in my mind after the cruise ship level in Uncharted 3 that the boat sequence from the CG trailer will be in the game.
Given that most of the sequences from this trailer are in the game along with the fact that vehicles are playing a huge part in this Uncharted, I wouldn't be surprised to see a set piece with this very boat.

Brizzo24

As someone who's solely interested in the single-player campaign, am I a jerk for wanting to RedBox this game and power through it in 2-3 days? I played some of 1, played through 2 about 2-3 times (mostly for work) and 3 once. I tried to get into the multi-player components, and i'll admit it has a few merits, but ultimately Uncharted is a stellar blockbuster, with a narrative that's unparalleled.

I recently rented God of War III PS4 edition thru RedBox, and because I had already played through it on the PS3 I was able to play the campaign in about 9 hours. How long is Uncharted 4?

Gray Matter

As someone who's solely interested in the single-player campaign, am I a jerk for wanting to RedBox this game and power through it in 2-3 days? I played some of 1, played through 2 about 2-3 times (mostly for work) and 3 once. I tried to get into the multi-player components, and i'll admit it has a few merits, but ultimately Uncharted is a stellar blockbuster, with a narrative that's unparalleled.

I recently rented God of War III PS4 edition thru RedBox, and because I had already played through it on the PS3 I was able to play the campaign in about 9 hours. How long is Uncharted 4?

Don't really understand the question.

If you want to rush thru the game thus making it less enjoyable (for me at least), that's your prerogative.

Brizzo24

Don't really understand the question.

If you want to rush thru the game thus making it less enjoyable (for me at least), that's your prerogative.

"rushing" is not exactly my style. I enjoy games in sporadic increments, and sometimes I can power through a game in 2-3 days, especially if it's a game like Uncharted--it's too hard to put down and find a stopping point. I guess what I was asking is if the main storyline is longer than 12-14 hours? I rented Tomb Raider, and thoroughly enjoyed it in 3 days time.

Gray Matter

"rushing" is not exactly my style. I enjoy games in sporadic increments, and sometimes I can power through a game in 2-3 days, especially if it's a game like Uncharted--it's too hard to put down and find a stopping point. I guess what I was asking is if the main storyline is longer than 12-14 hours? I rented Tomb Raider, and thoroughly enjoyed it in 3 days time.

I failed to recognized that people enjoy games in different ways. TLoU was marketed as 14-16 hours and since ND has been saying this is their biggest uncharted to date, I think it'll be on par with TLoU.

DKHF

If we get a bunch of previews in the next few weeks which I suspect we will after seeing this (and I had guessed we would get them since the press have never played the game before) I will be avoiding them. Feel like I've already seen a lot of the game...

Man

I'm mostly curious about the Africa part so glad to hear that hand's-on experiences are testing that area.

Man

This looks like it's going to be Sony's biggest and most aggressive ad push for any game.
Yeah. I've seen cinema ads in Scandinavia since Christmas. Every website from Facebook to whatever else have been having ads for months. Looks like they're going all out with this and deservedly so. Looking like a milestone achievement in game production.

Dinjooh

Yeah. I've seen cinema ads in Scandinavia since Christmas. Every website from Facebook to whatever else have been having ads for months. Looks like they're going all out with this and deservedly so. Looks like a milestone achievement in game production.

Sadly I only saw 'A Day in the life of a PS gamer' when I went to see The Force Awakens in December here in Scandinavia.

Would've loved to see U4 on the screen instead.

Oh boy, I'll be reading previews but if footage appears think i'll skip...
Same here. I already know I am buying this. No need to see more footage. I'll just be checking previews to get a better understanding of the game from someone who has actively played it.

sear

Banned
As someone who's been sitting on the possibility of getting a PS4 for a long time, I think Uncharted 4 might be the... well, the only game aside from Bloodborne worth getting. So I guess in that respect I'm interested.

Top Bottom