• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 has gone gold

butman

CeoaiCqXIAAt09A.jpg

I've always thought that people who are able to replicate movies and games artwork in the size of these billboards were brought directly from the Renaissance.

Daft Punk

Banned
I've always thought that people who are able to replicate movies and games artwork in the size of these billboards were brought directly from the Renaissance.

lol They're basically giant paint-by-number pieces. I remember a painter detailing his job when painting a Stella Artois mural and it was pretty simple just a lot of work.

zsynqx

I'm just gunna watch everything. I know I'm too weak, so there's no point pretending. If ND thinks it's okay for me to see this footage before launch, then that's good enough for me.

Ricky_R

Yeah, I think I've seen enough. I'm going to avoid any preview/media from now on until release.

Who am I kidding?

So the previews will most likely be about that safari to Madagascar. Great, I can't wait to hear more about the environments' openness and how you can tackle them with vehicles.

sear

Banned
Yeah, I didn't want to sound too much like a troll. :(

I was actually serious though. PS4 seems like the best of the consoles for me to pick up, but it's still hard to justify if you're a PC gamer. I've always had a passing interest in the Uncharted games (I also like Indiana Jones, Tomb Raider, etc.) and now seems like a good time to jump on to see what it's about, especially with the remaster of the first three games out in the wild too.

It still will be. Just bigger areas to explore. It'll still be linear. Think tomb raider reboot I'd expect

I'd rather not.

I'm just gunna watch everything. I know I'm too weak, so there's no point pretending. If ND thinks it's okay for me to see this footage before launch, then that's good enough for me.

Exactly.

I was actually serious though. PS4 seems like the best of the consoles for me to pick up, but it's still hard to justify if you're a PC gamer.

I'm primarily a PC gamer too, but I don't think Bloodborne and UC4 are the only games worth looking forward too. There's Journey and The Last of Us Remastered (those two, DC, and BB being the only PS4 games I currently own), and I'm sure to buy Dreams, The Last Guardian, Persona 5, Horizon and Wild when they launch.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

That is what I do now. I do not black out, because they have never spoiled anything detrimental in the past, especially story related.

I was actually serious though. PS4 seems like the best of the consoles for me to pick up, but it's still hard to justify if you're a PC gamer. I've always had a passing interest in the Uncharted games (I also like Indiana Jones, Tomb Raider, etc.) and now seems like a good time to jump on to see what it's about, especially with the remaster of the first three games out in the wild too.

If you like Indiana Jones, Tomb Raider then it's a no brainer. Not only will these gaems scratch that itch, they are all top quality games.

So excited for this game!

Dark Souls 3 in April, Uncharted in May alongside Fire Emblem...

... Oh boy! My body is ready!

Been on a media blackout on all these games so it will definitely be worth it all!

But I hope this isn't the end for Uncharted... Like this is Sony's biggest IP of all time

Just curious, has anyone ordered the Uncharted 4 Dualshock 4 from GameSeek in the UK as according to the product page it's in stock, however when going to order it shows a preorder for release on 22nd April. Everywhere else seems to have release in the UK for 10th May and GameSeek charge upon order so would like to get an idea to what the situation is and if I can expect the controller delivery around late April/early May.

Gurish

I still can't believe we are going to wait for more tham a full months with all that huge blow out of trailers, videos, previews etc.. It still feels like it's out in a week, plz ND give us a positive surprise for once after all the delays and early the release!

I still can't believe we are going to wait for more tham a full months with all that huge blow out of trailers, videos, previews etc.. It still feels like it's out in a week, plz ND give us a positive surprise for once after all the delays and early the release!

Feels like The Last Of Us.
We got raving previews weeks before release and then the amazing reviews and it was still a week to go if, I remember correctly.

Lets see if UC4 will be recieved just as well.

Typical marketing cycle stuff still to go :

Global Press Tour (ongoing)
Press Preview/Hands-On with B-Roll (next week)
Various News Updates (MP blow-out, etc)
Live Action Commercial/Ad (maybe)
Launch Trailer

Lets see if UC4 will be recieved just as well.

We should hopefully learn in the next 2 weeks what kind of embargo UC4 gets.

One week, few days before release, one day before release or lol, launch day embargo.

The earlier ND lifts it, the more likely it'll be well-recieved... Not that late embargos mean the game isn't going to score well, but early embargoes are 95% of the time a sign of significant faith in the product to review critically well.

It only takes one retailer to break the street date to create a snowball effect... at least that's what happened with Uncharted 3 in Europe.

This is the norm in the Middle East though. They don't give a shit about street dates and rightly so. :p

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Amazon delivered my Uncharted 4 Dualshock 4 today. Did they jump the gun or are these already released? I assumed they wouldn't hit till the game and bundle were out.

Nah, I seen them at Best Buy along with the headsets. I want the controller, but it sells out fast in store, lol.

Amazon delivered my Uncharted 4 Dualshock 4 today. Did they jump the gun or are these already released? I assumed they wouldn't hit till the game and bundle were out.
I've seen them in GameStop since last week. My brother bought the headset a couple days ago.

Gurish

Should someone make a thread announcing that previews will be going out next week?

Nah, usually stuff like this get updated in the main temporary thread, which is this, next week previews will get a new thread, people won't miss them believe me.

zkorejo

ND thought it was okay to show almost everything Uncharted 3 had.

It was so disappointing to realize that I had already watched almost every single setpiece on YT before release and it took the Wow factor away from my experience. Which is very important in Uncharted games.

They did a great job with TLOU trailers though. I have seen the 2 demos and story trailer. I hope they do not release anything else, even if they do.. I just will not watch it.

Top Bottom