• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 has ND's best opening sequence in Arne Meyer's opinion

Memento

He said it in a interview for PlayStaion Spain: (At 4:34)

https://youtu.be/aPeYJiVPGHg?t=275

In my personal opinion this is our strongest beginning, opening sequence for games since the Last of Us, which was obviously very emotional, but I think this is probably one of the best opening sequences as well. That feeling of wanting to keep playing and wanting to know where it goes continues the entire game.

The wording was kind of confusing, but looks like he thinks it is their best intro yet. So yeah... brace yourselves, greatness is coming.

(Credits to the user zsynqx that found the video)

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Better than the cold Train opening of U2?
Better than TLoU?
Oh god. Hold on to your pants. It could just be hyping but I mean, it's possible, somehow.
I'm just going into this expecting it to be the greatest game in our generation
It's so fun having excessively high expectation. And then them getting met!

SJRB

Gold Member
Well of course he says that, it would be pretty silly if he said "Yeah this one is okay, intro for Uncharted 2 was way better".

Isn't the latest thing always marketed as the greatest thing? Why would he admit to Uncharted 2 having a better opening than Uncharted 4?

rdytoroll

They'll show the death of Doughnut Drake and his resurrection as normal Drake. Will be even more emotional than The Last of Us

ViviOggi

Director of Communications at Naughty Dog says positive things about Naughty Dog's upcoming game

Well I'd never

Dynasty

Hopefully the opening is good from a gameplay standpoint as well and not just a emotional one. Going to be a amazing game anyway.

Shredderi

our strongest beginning, opening sequence for games since the Last of Us

I mean, isn't this the only game from them after The last of us? So strongest opening for naughty dog games since TLoU or for games in general?

dt2

Banned
The director of communications for Naughty Dog praising their upcoming release...

...shocking.

:)

Memento

Would he say otherwise? I mean, really?

"Eh, it's aight I guess."

Not that I don't believe him but what else is he going to say?

Well of course he says that, it would be pretty silly if he said "Yeah this one is okay, intro for Uncharted 2 was way better".

Isn't the latest thing always marketed as the greatest thing? Why would he admit to Uncharted 2 having a better opening than Uncharted 4?

Director of Communications at Naughty Dog says positive things about Naughty Dog's upcoming game

Well I'd never

The Last of Us opening is highly regarded as one of gaming's finest. So I would say it is pretty big that he is confident enough to say something like that.

ito007

I remember when Arne Meyer was a guest on GT Live a bit ago. He seems like a cool guy. I know he's there to hype the game so this quote may not mean much, but in general he seems like a genuine guy.

Auctopus

The Last of Us opening is highly regarded as one of gaming's finest. So I would say it is pretty big that he is confident enough to say something like that.

He's saying it in regards to their work. He's not saying "I think this is one of the best openings ever", he's saying "I think this is the best work they've ever done".

jaypah

I mean, yeah. I fully expect it to be. Same folks, more experience and better hardware. It's not like they just forgot how to "great game". Gonna have to carve out a good 4 or so hours for my first session since ND makes games that you don't want to stop once you start.

The wording was kind of confusing

No it wasn't, he said "Since The Last of Us." It's odd because, as pointed out, that's the last game they made lol.

Better than the cold Train opening of U2?

Would he say otherwise? I mean, really?

"Eh, it's aight I guess."

Not that I don't believe him but what else is he going to say?

Well I'd never

Also yeah, Director of communications at ND, he's not really gunna say it sucks.

He said this unprompted. He wasn't asked to compare the opening to previous games. So the fact that he said this on his own is noteworthy.

I mean, isn't this the only game from them after The last of us? So strongest opening for naughty dog games since TLoU or for games in general?

The only correct response in this thread. Congrats!

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
so...
best opening
best boss battle

now if everything in between is the best, we will be playing the best game ever created in a months time.

Alienous

A playable montage of scenes from the previous Uncharted games and new scenes (such as whatever events led up to Sam's arrest), seamlessly flowing into each-other, all created from scratch in Uncharted 4's engine, ending in Nathan Drake waking up at his work desk.

zsynqx

He said this unprompted. He wasn't asked to compare the opening to previous games. So the fact that he said this on his own is noteworthy.

Oh I know. I agree that it is interesting that he jumped immediately to that and I do expect UC4 to have a great opening.

arne

This was coming from how I was playing through the game from the beginning after we hit GM and I was really impressed on how the opening shaped up on all levels. I didn't want to stop playing and I know the game, so I thought that was saying something to me as someone who plays games.

I did clearly say that it was in my opinion - so separate from hypetrain statements and most certainly arguable or fallible. :)

No Nintendo account, I see.

Relevant how? (for the record I do, just didn't want to share it. yeesh)

Top Bottom