• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 review embargo lifts May 5 at 12 AM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen quite a few people asking on here and Twitter so I figured this was worth a thread

OpenCritic page has the countdown timer live

http://opencritic.com/game/1538/uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end

To clarify, in case the thread title is kind of murky, TECHNICALLY the embargo ends Thursday morning (5th) but it's basically Wednesday night at 12 AM PST.

Sorry for you weirdo overseas folks, you'll have to do your own day/time conversion

wapplew

Avoided every UC4 thread like plague, this one is new, hopefully no spoiler.
Prediction, 89-90.

I am going to come into the review thread with popcorn and a notepad to see how many names get grayed out.

The reviews will be interesting I hope the places I typically go to will be spoiler free.

N.Domixis

Banned
10/10 ign
9.5 gamespot
9.5 polygon
5/5 gamesradar
Recommended - Eurogamer

94 metacritict
some poor parrallel univerese is going to get hit with this.
1/10 ign
2.5/10 gamespot
6/5 polygon
1.2/5 gamesradar
Throw it in trash - Eurogamer

Alienous

I wouldn't mind <90 on metacritic.

The entertainment value of the review thread would take the Uncharted 4 experience as a whole above 100.

So, are we sure it's all the reviews for this date? I thought I read there was a particular site that had an exclusive review for this date?

Oh I'm sure there will be a few, seems to be the case for a lot of popular games. You'll have a few clickbait "reviews".

You know. It is possible for someone to simply not love the game as much as everyone else.

A 7, or even a 6, isn't always 'clickbait' or 'attention whoring'

This is the kind of mindset that let to the U3 insanity

It's been more than 4 years since an Uncharted review thread. I expect this game to get a 94 and everyone will freak out when Biogamergirl gives it a 7.8/10.

DoomGyver

It's Uncharted, it could get rated 1/10 and I'd still play it. I'm sure there will be meltdowns, bannings, and salty tears.

I wouldn't mind <90 on metacritic.

The entertainment value of the review thread would take the Uncharted 4 experience as a whole above 100.

A 89 for Uncharted would result in this forum exploding. It'd be so bad mods would accidentally ban themselves.

DKHF

I'm curious who from IGN will review this (now that both Colin and Greg are gone who gave their last two games 10's). I guess it will be someone out of Marty Sliva, Vince Ingenito, Jose Otero and Brandin Tyrrel. Leaning towards Marty or Vince.

Absolutely can't wait, if only for the review thread. Some high standards of lunacy have been set.
tumblr_nnsqbok6IE1s0rtgbo1_r6_400.gif

Kyrios

You know. It is possible for someone to simply not love the game as much as everyone else.

A 7, or even a 6, isn't always 'clickbait' or 'attention whoring'

This is the kind of mindset that let to the U3 insanity

Oh I know, I wasn't going on about "I love this game, so everyone who doesn't like it is wrong". I just noticed a lot of popular games get low reviews from less reputable or barely known sites. Not knocking if someone doesn't like this game.

Tuck

I'm expecting a 91-92 Metacritic.

I'm expecting a single negative review will send half of the posters in the review thread spiralling into a tirade about how this reviewer is biased/looking for hits/poorly written/etc.

Like clockwork. Every time, without fail.

EDIT: See, its starting already!

Oh I'm sure there will be a few, seems to be the case for a lot of popular games. You'll have a few clickbait "reviews".

Ascenion

Expecting 87-92. Nothing from this gen has cracked mid 90s and I sadly don't expect Uncharted 4 to be the one. At least we are finally understanding that 80s are still really great games.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
First game to get a perfect 100 metacritic?
Jk, I can't wait for some meltdowns either way

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Going to say 92 metacritic seeing as how the first three average a 92.

I'm expecting a single negative review will send half of the posters in the review thread spiralling into a tirade about how this reviewer is biased/looking for hits/poorly written/etc.

Like clockwork. Every time, without fail.
Already happening in this very thread :p

Expecting 87-92. Nothing from this gen has cracked mid 90s and I sadly don't expect Uncharted 4 to be the one. At least we are finally understanding that 80s are still really great games.
If there is one game that can crack the mid 90s, it is Uncharted. I also think it will score a 92 meta but it isn't impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom