• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

zsynqx

packy34

Has there been any footage? I see a few people talking about a possible video but I can't find anything like that anywhere.

Gurish

I know it's hard to measure hype, but with the latest news about stolen copies, do you also feel that U4 is ND's most hyped game ever? I don't remember such madness toward any other game they made before.

Hobohodo

Exactly. That one guy had a receipt from CEX, there's no doubt that's legit.

A recipt from CEX just means someone sold a copy they had to CEX which that guy went on to buy. How the original guy got his copy would still be unknown.

The CEX store in my town happily bought 10 copies of Fallout 4 of one guy a week before the game released and sold them at a marked up price, they ain't asking questions about where people get the stuff they sell to them.

rhino4evr

Stolen would explain the second hand copies in the uk, but how did stores in NYC and Asia get them? Who ever stole them must have gotten a lot of copies and then contacted a bunch of resellers. If that's true it has to be someone in the industry with knowledge of these networks.

Rudiano

Banned
Look what just arrived

kQiOPx5.jpg

Dinjooh

I wont post any spoilers, but am I allowed to post spoiler free screenshots in the screenshot thread?

I would guess so. Just be aware that some people are very sensitive and I guess some would be upset seeing areas they haven't seen before and the like. A separate thread might be an idea.

Alienous

And play offline.

Even if it isn't a stolen copy (thought I guess, technically, all pre-release copies are) Sony have grounds to go after people knowing that some amount of stolen copies are out there. I don't think they're as harsh as Microsoft is, but I'd say do it to be on the safe side.

Alienous

lol, nevermind

Maybe the 'day one patch' is a trap.

Probably not. The development schedule was planned to end yesterday, so that day one patch was probably just Naughty Dog not diverting from that plan despite the delay.

Dont believe that Stolen nonsense...

A lot of retailers have the game already... and some sold it already...

Sure maybe some people stole it, but i think most copys in the wild are legit ones from retailers that broke the street date.

Boke1879

Sure maybe some people stole it, but i think most copys in the wild are legit ones from retailers that broke the street date.

Then his statement isn't false. We all know some retailers break street date. That's nothing new. This seems to correlate more to the guy the eBay listing.

Gurish

Yea I agree.

Yoshida isn't lying, someone did steal copies from a transit but I think he just try to steer our attention from the fact that many stores broke street date, it's their way of making it look like it was out of their control that some people have it, like it's all "stolen copies" when in reality most of those copies are legit.

rhino4evr

I wont post any spoilers, but am I allowed to post spoiler free screenshots in the screenshot thread?

Don't post anything please. Very easy for someone else to copy and paste it elsewhere unsuspected. You got it early. Congrats. Now don't be a showboat.

Rudiano

Banned
Ok I wont post any screenshots. But wow I love the photo mode, it does something I have never seen before in any other game

rhino4evr

I know it's "against the rules" but a spoiler thread really needs to be started. If we don't have a place for this stuff. It will just end up elsewhere.

Arnex

Neo Member
Tell us some overall impressions and whether you like the game without spoiling anything! Have fun playing, cant wait. ;)

Loudninja

Yea I agree.

Yoshida isn't lying, someone did steal copies from a transit but I think he just try to steer our attention from the fact that many stores broke street date, it's their way of making it look like it was out of their control that some people have it, like it's all "stolen copies" when in reality most of those copies are legit.
You really cant be serious with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom