• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's because it says what part of the game the Madagascar level takes place in since there's a Chapter number and everything. That is definitely a spoiler, however small, but yeah, you shouldn't be reading anything in spoiler tags even if they're labeled general impressions. Better to be safe than sorry.

Ricky_R

6GLasUe.gif

hahaha great gif.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
It's because it says what part of the game the Madagascar level takes place in since there's a Chapter number and everything. That is definitely a spoiler, however small, but yeah, you shouldn't be reading anything in spoiler tags even if they're labeled general impressions or not spoilers. Better to be safe than sorry.

No, it wasn't that and I only read up to the word I considered a spoiler. I have since gone back and read it all and it's actually not a spoiler, but I had to read it all to find out why people didn't consider it a spoiler.

Why should I have to be doing that when there's a spoiler thread? This is why I HATE joke spoilers and HATE people putting impression in spoilers.

The people who purchased copies on eBay UK this Tuesday would of had no idea that they were stolen... I imagine some of these people were shocked and worried once Sony decided to announce yesterday that they were stolen rather than being early-shipped copies.

I have already tweeted to Sony asking what steps people should take on a legal basis if they happen to have bought a copy on eBay without prior knowledge of them being stolen.

I also wonder what Sony will do to people who are playing the game right now. As well, what can the Police actually do?

If Sony punished people already playing the game then there would be uproar. 99.9% of people who bought the game are not aware it was stolen and paid an absolutely extortionate price for it.

Is the game good? I'm teetering on buying a PS4 for it and a few other games later down the line?

idonteven

If Sony punished people already playing the game then there would be uproar. 99.9% of people who bought the game are not aware it was stolen and paid an absolutely extortionate price for it.

Is the game good? I'm teetering on buying a PS4 for it and a few other games later down the line?

i see a lot of people here buying the game and i am pretty sure they know its stolen and they dgaf

Did anybody have luck with CEX in downtown nyc?

Or any luck in the new york/ new jersey area in general?

I didn't even know there was a CeX in NYC. Do you think they would answer me honestly if I call? I don't want to waste my time going there lol. Nothing from the NJ stores yet.

12BoM

I didn't even know there was a CeX in NYC. Do you think they would answer me honestly if I call? I don't want to waste my time going there lol. Nothing from the NJ stores yet.

Supposedly its on E 14th street. Not really sure, I've never been the type to luck out with early releases lol

If there's a spoiler thread, it's not being used at all. I haven't seen it show up on the front page at all. Can't find it on the second or third either.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1212287

No, it wasn't that and I only read up to the word I considered a spoiler. I have since gone back and read it all and it's actually not a spoiler, but I had to read it all to find out why people didn't consider it a spoiler.

Why should I have to be doing that when there's a spoiler thread? This is why I HATE joke spoilers and HATE people putting impression in spoilers.

Okay, you got me--I have NO idea what you considered a spoiler then lol. What was it? There's literally nothing else in there.

Supposedly its on E 14th street. Not really sure, I've never been the type to luck out with early releases lol

Yeah it's there, just thought it was a UK store for some reason.

nib95

Banned
FoxesSocks says
he's almost 12 hours deep and only on Chapter 14.
Should be a meaty game like TLOU. Hype!

What the hell. If the remaining chapters follow the same trend, that would make the game 20+ hours long. Chapter 10 is apparently (game length estimation spoiler from ND dev)
"about a third of the way through the game".

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1212287

Okay, you got me--I have NO idea what you considered a spoiler then lol. What was it? There's literally nothing else in there.

Yeah it's there, just thought it was a UK store for some reason.

I got to the word 'branching' and then assumed it was a hint at alternative narrative or story options but it didn't. When referring to something like that in the past we've called it 'choices'. Branching paths is something we speculated on.

What the hell. If the remaining chapters follow the same trend, that would make the game 20+ hours long. Chapter 10 is apparently "about a third of the way through the game".
I think I recall him saying that he's taking his time and exploring a lot, so for a lot of people it'll likely be shorter. But for those of us who like to take our time, we're definitely in for a treat.

If there's a spoiler thread, it's not being used at all. I haven't seen it show up on the front page at all. Can't find it on the second or third either.
The spoiler thread for a game still 2 weeks out isn't exactly going to get bumped left and right. You can still search for it.

FelipeMGM

Yeah, Opencritic replied me and they have 3 sources that told them that the embargo drops on May 4th 12pm PST

Hyped for the game and hyped for the review thread as well

raindoc

Goddamn it. Just realised that I'll be working on the weekend following the official release. FML, it's Halo 5 all over again.

Yeah, Opencritic replied me and they have 3 sources that told them that the embargo drops on May 4th 12pm PST

Hyped for the game and hyped for the review thread as well

Thanks for this!

I'm excited for the review thread. Anything to tide me over until the games release.

May 4, UC4 reviews. Then May 5, Civil War. Then maybe Civil War on repeat until UC4 is in my hands. Should suffice.

Horohoro

Anybody here familiar with a store that sells games early in the Memphis area? Hernando?
PM me if you happen too...
I expect no PMS :(

m4st4

May 3 - Overwatch beta
May 5 - Uncharted 4 reviews embargo ends
May 6 - Civil War
May 9 - Uncharted 4 in my hands!
May 13 - Doom

And that's only the beginning of said month.

Rudiano

Banned
May 3 - Overwatch beta
May 5 - Uncharted 4 reviews embargo ends
May 6 - Civil War
May 9 - Uncharted 4 in my hands!
May 13 - Doom

And that's only the beginning of said month.

Im watching Civil War tonight at midnight (in 5 hours) :) UK got it a week earlier

Also as I have no intentions on spoiling the game, here's a screenshot from the beginning of the Madagascar demo (photo mode adds 25% sharpen by default)

uFQ5FTS.png

Starting NOW, stay the hell away from Reddit if you don't want spoilers - found one in a thread that wasn't labeled as a spoiler thread, just came from out of nowhere.

Im watching Civil War tonight at midnight (in 5 hours) :) UK got it a week earlier

Also as I have no intentions on spoiling the game, here's a screenshot from the beginning of the Madagascar demo (photo mode adds 25% sharpen by default)

uFQ5FTS.png

Shame about the sharpening. It's always a bad thing imo.
But yeah.. game looks insane.

Salz01

uFQ5FTS.png

Do the clouds move?

Can you give high level impressions without spoiling?

nib95

Banned

uFQ5FTS.png

Annoying it adds sharpening. Can it be removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom