• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is honestly the point of just reading the ending? The ending itself is always going to be disappointing because you know nothing of what led to it. If I had only read the ending to TLoU without any context (it's one of the most well done endings in gaming), I would have thought it was garbage. It's the knowledge of the whole story and how the events lead to the ending that makes it good or great.

exactly. I quite frankly find reading endings to a game you haven't experienced a silly move.

Every person in this thread is crazy.

Honestly. You are dancing with the god damn devil being in here.

But you can't help it, can you?

Just FYI, I am just posting. Not reading shit in here.

it shouldn't be like dancing with the devil.

i just wanna talk about the game. there's a seperate thread for spoilery stuff so it shouldn't be in here at all. i'm kinda just posting too now lol

its not even spoilers, for fuck's sake. Two guys posted they didnt like an ending, then twenty dudes jump down their throats like "OMG WHAT THE FUCK!?!?! People talking about Uncharted 4 in an Uncharted 4 thread!? This was supposed to be a thinly-veiled OT/hype thread!"

its not even spoilers, for fuck's sake. Two guys posted they didnt like an ending, then twenty dudes jump down their throats like "OMG WHAT THE FUCK!?!?! People talking about Uncharted 4 in an Uncharted 4 thread!? This was supposed to be a thinly-veiled OT/hype thread!"

What nonsense are you spewing? Who cares if they posted the ending or not? The one dude said real ending spoilers followed by a "spoiler". Don't even discuss the ending in here, the game has 2 weeks till it comes out. If you know the ending you can go and voice your displeasure in the spoiler thread. Use some common sense.

Nobody dared to click those black bars. For all we know it might say "Venom Drake was behind it all along!"

Skeeter49

I think most people are just on edge. It just takes one person to say someone's spoiling Uncharted 4, then everyone else starts worrying because we don't want to scroll up to check and risk reading an unmarked spoiler.

Blind insults aren't the right way to go, but if you're told there's a spoiler in the thread, then you're allowed to overreact a tidbit.

LuuKyK

It doesn't matter what the spoiler was. There is a spoiler thread for that. And the posts weren't even constructive enough to add to the discussion (not that any discussion regarding the end of the game would even begin or be accepted in here anyway). So no, no one is overreacting in here aside from you.

Progression and time wise + some minor impressions of pacing.

At the start of chapter 7, time is 2 hours and 37 minutes. Im not trying to rush and trying to find treasures when I can on normal difficulty. I will say what I've played so far has felt very good and nice, but I do feel like I'm still experiencing just the start. There is also way more story and cutscenes here then before. Game has a nice build up so far and feel like it's putting everything in place for the rest to follow. Feels less actiony at the moment and more platforming and exploration as of now.

Rudiano

Banned
One... last...adventure....

6O9j5Ss.jpg

Yesterday Im sure you were saying you was sick to your stomach to find out you had purchased one of the stolen games and that you wanted to send it to Sony and was ok with losing the money you had paid for it, but now you're embracing it :) as a reviewer I thought you would have some Sony contacts

This bullshit needs to stop, stop talking about the fucking ending or anything that has to do with spoilers JESUS ! There's a spoiler thread ffs.
Also guys stay strong, you really don't wanna spoil this one for youself, only 12 days left..
I'm disappointed GAF!

Why do I keep coming back to this thread?

At the start of chapter 7, time is 2 hours and 37 minutes. Im not trying to rush and trying to find treasures when I can on normal difficulty. I will say what I've played so far has felt very good and nice, but I do feel like I'm still experiencing just the start. There is also way more story and cutscenes here then before. Game has a nice build up so far and feel like it's putting everything in place for the rest to follow. Feels less actiony at the moment and more platforming and exploration as of now.

Lol something isn't right. You said you were at 1 hour when you saw the title screen, and now you're 2 hours in all the way there? Typo??

Yesterday Im sure you were saying you was sick to your stomach to find out you had purchased one of the stolen games and that you wanted to send it to Sony and was ok with losing the money you had paid for it, but now you're embracing it :) as a reviewer I thought you would have some Sony contacts

Sony contacts are extremely hard to get ahold of. One of the hardest PR to work with imo in the US at least and yes I still don't like it but what can I do now after the fact? Though no one ever reached out to me here and I know eyes are on this thread. If they want to reach out, they still can and I'd gladly work with them.

Correct, title screen isn't right after chapter 1. And I'm going by the statistics on the game time counter.

How is this game timer counting the time?? I find it hard to believe you're all the way in Chapter 7 with only two hours of game time. Not saying you're lying but that the in game timer is weird.

I didn't spoil the ending, just that I didn't like it. Druckmann said it was going to be divisive anyway.

Anyway, I edited my post even though there was no story details. Sorry to get a bunch of you guys upset, I'm not a diehard Uncharted fan but I can see the thirst is real.

I didn't spoil the ending, just that I didn't like it. Druckmann said it was going to be divisive anyway.

Anyway, I edited my post even though there was no story details. Sorry to get a bunch of you guys upset, I'm not a diehard Uncharted fan but I can see the thirst is real.

If you want to discuss it, there's a spoiler thread. You can't come in and say

Real ending spoilers
butts

it looks like you posted a spoiler about the ending

Rudiano

Banned
Sony contacts are extremely hard to get ahold of. One of the hardest PR to work with imo in the US at least and yes I still don't like it but what can I do now after the fact? Though no one ever reached out to me here and I know eyes are on this thread. If they want to reach out, they still can and I'd gladly work with them.

I feel ya. Look forward to your review

What do you think about the spacing in this game, Slasher? Was it as good as Uncharted 2 or TLoU's? I hope UC4 won't repeat mistakes that were in UC3, as in some parts of the game were so slow and tedious that I had to put the controller down and stopped playing.

What do you think about the spacing in this game, Slasher? Was it as good as Uncharted 2 or TLoU's? I hope UC4 won't repeat mistakes that were in UC3, as in some parts of the game were so slow and tedious that I had to put the controller down and stopped playing.
Right now it has a slow build up and lots of exposition and dialog. Again, feels as if it's building up for the super crazy moments. That said this def has great moments already and I can't explain how but this one really conveys a sense of emotion more so then the others.

Right now it has a slow build up and lots of exposition and dialog. Again, feels as if it's building up for the super crazy moments. That said this def has great moments already and I can't explain how but this one really conveys a sense of emotion more so then the others.
Thanks for you impressions, Slasher! I very much look forward to your review of this game.

Geedorah

Well there is also an image behind the stat screen. I just don't want any spoilers.

I think that is a pretty intense over-reaction. No one is forcing you to stay in the thread. If you are super concerned for spoilers, I would suggest just not combing over every single detail on the Internet...

But the image is exactly what you expect. You have the view of a man's back in a level you can barely make out. Hardly a spoiler..
To be fair, it spoils when this particular level takes place in the game. We've seen the area with Drake dressed as such, but not when and where in the game. That's spoilery to many, me thinks and the outcry is warranted.

Hawk269

How is this game timer counting the time?? I find it hard to believe you're all the way in Chapter 7 with only two hours of game time. Not saying you're lying but that the in game timer is weird.

Yeah, 2 hours + and in chapter 7 sounds kind of odd. I don't know how many chapters are in the game, but being able to get through 7 of them in 2+ hours does not bold well for a lengthy game. Perhaps the timer is off or something.

Memento

I am with the guy.

The dude posted a screenshot of the level (in each we can clearly see he is using a texudo) and said it was Chapter 7. Now I am already expecting
the fight with Nadine and the limousine sequence
, which were in the trailers, to happen in Chapter 7.

That said, now I am out too. People are just too disrespectful. I just wanted to keep lurking here to read some spoiler free impressions from the gaffers that already have it and are being gentle enough to give us, but some people are just the worst and keep making stuff like this.

I hope someone creates a spoiler free impressions thread, because sadly I am done with this thread. Have fun guys!

wig

Lol here we go with the game length paranoia...

We are 4 games into the series, we know what to expect when it comes to game length. C'mon people.

People are very touchy when it comes to what is and isn't a spoiler. Fair enough. Though if I wasnt doubted on my time, I'd have never posted it to begin with. This is where the problems start.

Uhhh, why?

I'm joking.

Nah but I think them not including cutscene time and anything else in the timer makes for a misleading situation. I can see someone taking that timer and going "OMG UC4 SEEMS SHORT! and creating some misinformation that can spiral out of control.

omark

Neo Member
2 hours + in chapter 7 sounds strange

From Reddit:

5 hours in and at the end of 9

Almost 12 hours, just hit chapter 14

Chapter 17, almost 15 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom