• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk269

People are very touchy when it comes to what is and isn't a spoiler. Fair enough. Though if I wasnt doubted on my time, I'd have never posted it to begin with. This is where the problems start.

I personally don't think anything you have posted has been a spoiler. So for me it has been no big deal. Everyone is different though. I welcome impressions, I just don't want critical things spoiled. Game length and gameplay impressions is why I am reading this thread.

I personally don't think anything you have posted has been a spoiler. So for me it has been no big deal. Everyone is different though. I welcome impressions, I just don't want critical things spoiled. Game length and gameplay impressions is why I am reading this thread.

I'm not trying to be a jerk and spoil things for anyone really, I'm not. Just know people want impressions. Also for those worried about length.
On chapter 8 and the game is still "teaching me" things if they tells you anything.

From Reddit:

5 hours in and at the end of 9

Almost 12 hours, just hit chapter 14

Chapter 17, almost 15 hours

my speculations on that, will spoiler tag for the sensitive

The first few hours are kinda like UC2/TLOU in that they're teaching you a lot of things and setting up a lot of narrative elements. Then the second half(which is everybody's preferred half of UC2 and TLOU) is when they really reach the Island, and that point the chapters are longer, the encounters are bigger, the puzzles more elaborate, they're are longer sections without cutscenes, all that. So dont fret about the chapter thing, cuz a lot of the second half chapters are real long I bet

Vire

Why are you even in this thread if finding out that drake tuxedo (something that was shown months ago) is in the game.

Ya'll silly.

Why are you even in this thread if finding out that drake tuxedo (something that was shown months ago) is in the game.

Ya'll silly.

what if I've been avoiding all media of the game

what if I didnt even wanna know this game existed, did you think about that

I'm not trying to be a jerk and spoil things for anyone really, I'm not. Just know people want impressions. Also for those worried about length.
On chapter 8 and the game is still "teaching me" things if they tells you anything.

Is Crushing unlocked from the start of like the first 3 when you need to beat it on Hard to unlock Crushing?

chaosaeon

"Uncharted 4 Announced"
Goddammit naughty dog, now I know ! Now I can never just walk in a store and be like "oh shit theres an Uncharted 4 !
Why ND why.
Shot selves in foot.
Expert of ND culture.
Demand Apology.
Japan.

As much as I enjoy that game... yes! !!

Still processing as not finished but def has that potential.

Combat feels wonderful. Great weapon/sound feedback, enemy reaction, the flow. Story is more engaging then ever before.

Man... I'm hyped beyond belief!!! I need this fucking game right now!

keRQIzU.jpg

Is Melee not shit in this ?

Melee is still a tad button mashy but it flows into combat and the various movements very well. Going from shooting, to cover, to swinging and shooting, then jumping off and melee someone to the ground... soooo good. Also don't fret early on as the game gets you into the groove. Chapter 8 is when they sorta let off the training wheels so to speak.

m4st4

Wanted to ask couple of questions but then suddenly realized it's a goddamn minefield...

I know everything I wanted from all the official videos (gunplay, visuals, characters, some of the story) so I guess what I really want is THE GAME!

9 DAYS TO GO... Two Mondays to go. Can't wait to pop the disc, 'patiently' wait for the 5GB patch download, order a pizza and finally press PLAY.

zsynqx

Melee is still a tad button mashy but it flows into combat and the various movements very well. Going from shooting, to cover, to swinging and shooting, then jumping off and melee someone to the ground... soooo good. Also don't fret early on as the game gets you into the groove. Chapter 8 is when they sorta let off the training wheels so to speak.

One final thing, are there a lot of cool character moments during gameplay? I'm talking about things like Ellie's Joke book and optional conversations.

One final thing, are there a lot of cool character moments during gameplay? I'm talking about things like Ellie's Joke book and optional conversations.

Yep for sure. Lots of banter, jokes, and classic Uncharted feels. Honestly this is hands down the best exclusive for PS4 and one of the best looking and varied games ever!

thuway

Yep for sure. Lots of banter, jokes, and classic Uncharted feels. Honestly this is hands down the best exclusive for PS4 and one of the best looking and varied games ever!
What do you think of the graphics? Are they really living up to the best looking game ever?

I don't like the sound of a slow beginning. TLOU had a super slow first third, good for story, terrible for gameplay. It makes replays a huge drag going through sections where you do nothing but listen to people talk. It's why I still put U2 ahead of it, U2 is amazing from start to finish.

So is it like TLOU opening chapters? Or more like U2?

What do you think of the graphics? Are they really living up to the best looking game ever?

Yes! I'm constantly in wow and with what's occurring on screen. I've seen some handful of moments where the framerate slows down but but otherwise it's a very smooth game. As for someone asking about unlocks, yes but have to complete the game before using them.

Awesome! How would you say this game is compare to Quantum Break? I know you enjoyed that game, I did as well to a certain extent. But I was just wondering.

Alienous

Linking, not embedding, any images is a worthwhile rule to follow.

On its own that image might not be much of a spoiler, but along with other info it builds a picture of the game some might rather not have. "Oh, so this section comes after ____ and is before ____". Doesn't bother me, but it's worth keeping in mind.

Anyway with that I think I'm out of this thread. Good luck to those who are staying.

May 3 - Overwatch beta
May 5 - Uncharted 4 reviews embargo ends / Persona 5 Livestream
May 6 - Civil War
May 9 - Uncharted 4 in my hands!
May 13 - Doom

And that's only the beginning of said month.

U4 Reviews and Persona 5 on the same day. This day could be life threatening.

Trace

Banned
I don't like the sound of a slow beginning. TLOU had a super slow first third, good for story, terrible for gameplay. It makes replays a huge drag going through sections where you do nothing but listen to people talk. It's why I still put U2 ahead of it, U2 is amazing from start to finish.

Man that sets up the game. Go-go-go all the time doesn't make for a good story, you need lulls and peaks.

There is definetly a bit of a slower pace then 2 imo for the start but I'd have to see how it's effected via replay and skipping cutscenes.it def starts on a bang, but then gives you some slower moments for backstory, etc. It's all been very engaging but very heavy handed in cutscenes and movie like presentation even more so.

Awesome! How would you say this game is compare to Quantum Break? I know you enjoyed that game, I did as well to a certain extent. But I was just wondering.

Beats it for sure in almost every way for me. I still really love QB but UC 4 rises high above.Though saying that, the smaller in size Remedy team did a fantastic job. Naughty Dog just has the huge bugget, talent, and team and it shows... oh does it show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom