• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 street date broken as thieves steal copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxbeldin

Apparently, some dumb ass french site spoiled the ending in a poll.

They set it up like : do you think it will end like A, B, C, D or E? (not entering in the details here obviously)

And one of the answers is the real ending.

Man that sets up the game. Go-go-go all the time doesn't make for a good story, you need lulls and peaks.

Uncharted 2 handled the lulls perfectly, and so did TLOU after the slow start. Uncharted doesn't need to establish much of a back story and it's a totally different kind of story, it's an adventure movie.

Uncharted 2 handled the lulls perfectly, and so did TLOU after the slow start. Uncharted doesn't need to establish much of a back story and it's a totally different kind of story, it's an adventure movie.

While I would agree, there does need to be an established aspect especially with Nathans now mundane unexciting lifestyle and his brother returning and they do handle these moments really, really well.

nib95

Banned
Slasher, really appreciate the (spoiler free) impressions dude. A lot of what you're saying is sort of how I predicted things would go, but it's nice to get confirmation. I'm also happy to know that Sam doesn't feel hamstrung in, and that the characters work well. Then again, Troy Baker and Nolan North together always sounded like a great combo. Luckily R&C is keeping me busy, but my word am I hyped.

While I would agree, there does need to be an established aspect especially with Nathans now mundane unexciting lifestyle and his brother returning and they do handle these moments really, really well.

Those are skipable? What I don't like are the forced walking sections that you can't skip that is just a glorified interactive cutscene that TLOU was filled with at the start. Great for the first playthrough but after that I just like to skip all cutscenes and get into the game. The worst parts of U3 were the just walk forward and do nothing sections.

And thank you very much! This is exactly why am I am in the thread, great spoiler free impressions like these.

Slasher, really appreciate the (spoiler free) impressions dude. A lot of what you're saying is sort of how I predicted things would go, but it's nice to get confirmation. I'm also happy to know that Sam doesn't feel hamstrung in, and that the characters work well. Then again, Troy Baker and Nolan North together always sounded like a great combo. Luckily R&C is keeping me busy, but my word am I hyped.

Oh yes. I also find myself relating to this story presentation really well. Last time I played these games I was in my twenties, now after a period of time, Nate is back and it feels like a return to an old friend. One that has changed in that time period, much like myself now having a wife and child. Might sounds silly bUT yeah, the small things that people relate to sometimes!

Slaythe

Melee is still a tad button mashy but it flows into combat and the various movements very well. Going from shooting, to cover, to swinging and shooting, then jumping off and melee someone to the ground... soooo good. Also don't fret early on as the game gets you into the groove. Chapter 8 is when they sorta let off the training wheels so to speak.

Alright, does the melee hits at least feel more satisfying ?

In previous games it was very "slippery", unlike a batman kind of impact, for example.

GnawtyDog

Banned
It's most definitely the best Uncharted. Alone the gameplay improvements over the years are enough to warrant that to say such thing.

Eh...pace trumps a lot in my book. Poor pacing makes for a boring game at points, regardless of how good gameplay is. U2 is still king among ND games when it comes to pacing.

Gurish

As much as I enjoy that game... yes! !!

Still processing as not finished but def has that potential.

Combat feels wonderful. Great weapon/sound feedback, enemy reaction, the flow. Story is more engaging then ever before.

I want to play it :(

Where do you live?

How is the level design of the larger non-set-piece type battles?

Smaller = just the odd guy you have to kill while traversing the environment linearly.

Set piece = some crazy pre-determined sequence (even if there is some freedom in how to approach them) -- such as the entire E3 gameplay demo.

Larger, non-set-piece = "regular" major battle, such as the various snowy village battles in U2, shipyard battle in U3, etc.

---

The questions, more specifically, about the latter: Is there tactical freedom? Is there a lot of verticality / unexpectedly designed battle arenas? Is it more similar to Uncharted 2 (very vertical, tactical) or Uncharted 3 (flat, lots of enemy "waves")?

(I've always loved the set pieces in 2 and 3, of course. Everyone does. And the E3 demo made it clear this wasn't going to change. But it was the meat-and-potatoes battling level design that made Uncharted 2 such a complete and bad-ass all-around game. The game wasn't just all flashiness... there was substance too. Uncharted 3 was a real step back on this front.)

Finally, Uncharted 2 was really heavily skewed towards action/shooting. Uncharted 3 added quite a lot more adventuring (puzzles and exploration) into the mix. Is 4 more like 2 or 3? Feel free to spoiler-tag the answer to that (but don't put actual spoilers in there!).

P.S. The recent Madagascar previews suggested that there are REALLY big areas which can be approached however you want, almost like in open-world games like Far Cry 3. Does the intensity of the non-set-piece battles suffer from this level of openness? Or are there both U2-ish large areas and the Madagascar-like huge areas?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
How do we differentiate between spoilers and spoiler tagged impressions? Anyone got any hints? It warms my heart that those of us who appreciate ND and all their hard work are being asked to not participate in UC4 discussions by those that don't care. Lovely.

strafer

I stopped caring about length a long time ago. Dont care if this game is 2 hours or 20 hours. All I care about these days are a nice story.

REMINDER: Lots of unboxing press kit videos are available on YT and most of them have unannounced locations in art. Since they posted it so I guess Sony allowed it, if you don't want to be spoiled by locations, be careful.

zsynqx

Just saw this tweet and can't stop laughing

I just heard about the 5 gb patch for uncharted 4. Well, I don't have internet. If I paid 60 bucks for an unplayable game I'll be pissed.

Edit: To be fair, they might mean they won't have internet May 10. I feel bad for laughing now

zsynqx

Åesop;202196261 said:
The 5 GB patch is probably just for new hats dlc.

actualite_uncharted-4_liste-trophees-et-patch_patch-1024x576.jpg

1er tigre

Apparently, some dumb ass french site spoiled the ending in a poll.

They set it up like : do you think it will end like A, B, C, D or E? (not entering in the details here obviously)

And one of the answers is the real ending.
Can you please tell which site ? So I know I should avoid to go there ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom