• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Among Thieves release date, box-art and pre-order incentives announced

klee123

Yoboman said:
Lighting seems a bit more flat than we've seen in the past from this game?

Not every current gen game has to have vaseline smeared all over the characters and environments.

ACE 1991

Hey, I know you guys hate IGN, but episode 100 of the ps3 podcast had a nice interview with Naughty Dog. It was nice to here that UC2 will not have screen tearing, and they've focused on doing away with the "shooting arena" style of pacing of the original game.

KAOz

Short bus special
JCreasy said:
If only the cover art looked more like this . . .

uncharted_cover.jpg

Holy shit..... Arne, get the guys over there and all SCE-divisions to make a cover like this. Now please.

Seriously, THAT is badass. I would love something like that, in super-high resolution, and movie-poster style. Then I'd print it and frame it.

Violater

Yoboman said:
Lighting seems a bit more flat than we've seen in the past from this game?

I was a little underwhelmed with the train shots myself, but chalked it up to the scene needing to be seen in motion.
Though some screens from the jeep section in U1 could be used as comparison I assume.

Don't kill me

Has anything been said about the problem with screen tearing? Uncharted 1 had some of the worst tearing I've ever seen in a video game.

Also I have a hard time believing the frame rate on this will hold up.

I mean this game is just too damn good to be true...there MUST be something wrong with it! Right?

Forsete

autobzooty said:
Has anything been said about the problem with screen tearing? Uncharted 1 had some of the worst tearing I've ever seen in a video game.

I mean this game is just too damn good to be true...there MUST be something wrong with it! Right?

Never saw a single tear in the beta. I think we are safe.

ND uses voodoo magic.

BigBoss

autobzooty said:

Naughty Dog confirmed that there would be no screen tearing.

J-Rzez

JCreasy said:

It's really funny that a company as large as Sony doesn't have the talent to do something as great, as along the lines of this. Pathetic.

I have zero faith in Sony's advertising for this game, as usual. THOUGH, inFamous was OK, and the first Uncharted commercial was decent. Oh well, guess we'll see. Nate deserves the best. :p

noah111

Still Alive
bouc_emissaire said:

I love you Naughty Dog guys.
Dude, im not sure if you made that but whoever did, major props, seriously. The difference is amazing, and wasn't the original (concept vid from E3 06 IIRC) video all CG??

ND deserves kudos, never fail to deliver. :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
deepbrown said:
bouc_emissaire's comparisons are back!!11!!!

kermitdancing_4.gif
Fucking beast, he is!

agaru

I just thought; this is probably one of the few games on GAF where you read nothing but positive impressions or feedback on its media/info threads.

Great post, bouc_emissaire. The leap is huge.

bouc_emissaire
Who Compares, Wins
(Today, 06:05 PM)
Reply | Quote

:D

Firewire

Banned
I'm somewhat disappointed with Naughty Dog. I was promised a barrel carrying llama in this game, but I'm still waiting to see it. There's still time Arne, make it happen.

deepbrown

Firewire said:
I'm somewhat disappointed with Naughty Dog. I was promised a barrel carrying llama in this game, but I'm still waiting to see it. There's still time Arne, make it happen.
Were you really? lol

There were llama treasures in the first game...I'm sure that was for us! :p Reading their comments in interviews makes me realise how much they actually read the forums.

HI DAWGS! :D

Firewire said:

I wonder if they will have one in the Mts? Seems like it may fit. If there is a barrel carrying llama in the game I will :lol :lol :lol for the entirety of the game.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The crazy thing is that Uncharted 1 is still one of the best looking games out there... besided being tonz of fun.

Now think this: Naughty Dog animation system + Fighting game. @____@ So awesome.

joesmokey

bouc_emissaire said:
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/407/unchartedfirstdemovs1vs.jpg[IMG]

I love you Naughty Dog guys.[/QUOTE]
Amazing comparison, that's a great job of showing the level of improvement so far.

The new screens are looking amazing as well :D.

noah111

Still Alive
Rikyfree said:
It may just be me, but I like Drakes baseball t-shirt look the best. I only hope they put that costume in uncharted 2.
Makes him look a lot less badass IMO (ie a tool), but in DF you could unlock it IIRC, hopefully they'll put in plenty of unloackables in U2 as well (donut drake ftw :lol).

CHRP718 said:
Why did ND change Drake's sneakers?
He had Converse in the E3 06 trailer.
Sony couldn't afford it.

Rikyfree said:
It may just be me, but I like Drakes baseball t-shirt look the best. I only hope they put that costume in uncharted 2.

Youre not the only one. I was pretty surprised when ND didnt give him that in the final game.

wouwie

Trying to stay as much as possible out of Uncharted threads (media blackout), i wondered if Naughty Dog already revealed the european launch date? Amazon uk has it down for 16 october.

Can't wait. This game is going to be beyond awesome. Loved the first one.

Top Bottom