• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted Collection on PC leak just killed my desire to get a PS5 (Techradar)

On Demand

Banned
I’ve been seriously considering buying a PS5, but a new leak that suggests a huge Uncharted Collection could be coming to PC has effectively killed my desire to buy a new PlayStation.

According to the leak, which was posted on the ResetEra forums, the Uncharted Collection will bundle five of the games on PC, and will be available on Steam and Epic Games Store.

According to the leak, the collection will include the first game, Drakes Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy.

This is a hugely exciting leak, as I’ve been a massive fan of the Uncharted series since the first one on PS3, back in 2007. I’ve loved every game, with the second one being one of my all-time favorite games, and it’s meant that I’m pretty much always going to buy a PlayStation to play them.

It’s almost inevitable that a new Uncharted will at some point turn up for the PS5, and that meant that I was sold on eventually buying one, despite mainly playing on PC.

However, if the Uncharted Collection is coming to PC, it could mean that any future Uncharted games will also turn up on the platform, that means I’m now less interested in buying a PS5.

More in the link.

I can see more people doing this if Sony keeps bringing more games to PC. I don’t know why Sony thinks they can break away from what made PlayStation so successful and a big brand.

They thought they could sneak Horizon ZD and Days Gone on PC and come up with lies and excuses about why those two came to PC. Every damn interview with Hermen Hulst is a new bullshit explanation about their PC support. First it was just HZD and “not all games are coming to PC.” Now it’s the best experience day one is on PS5 and 2 years later PC PR crap.

They’re not going to get away with releasing their well known bigger games on PC. Sales will be affected.

ManaByte

Here We Go Eye Roll GIF

More in the link.

I can see more people doing this if Sony keeps bringing more games to PC. I don’t know why Sony thinks they can break away from what made PlayStation so successful and a big brand.

They thought they could sneak Horizon ZD and Days Gone on PC and come up with lies and excuses about why those two came to PC. Every damn interview with Hermen Hulst is a new bullshit explanation about their PC support. First it was just HZD and “not all games are coming to PC.” Now it’s the best experience day one is on PS5 and 2 years later PC PR crap.

They’re not going to get away with releasing their well known bigger games on PC. Sales will be affected.
Yes sales will go up

Bryank75

Banned
It certainly makes the games feel less special and the whole 'exclusive' marketing has now been turned into a lie.

The feeling of 'being tricked' is not nice. The feeling of being lied to is not pleasant as a customer.

I can see many PS gamers being turned off by this behavior...... I stopped buying all games (exclusives) day 1 due to my disappointment with their current strategy.

Better be ready for the backlash when they do announce the PC ports.... I'm gonna give them a hard time about it. You better believe.

Last edited:

SpokkX

More in the link.

you feel bad your favorite console games go to pc?

dont

hint - this is not an attack on you fanboys

Last edited:
It certainly makes the games feel less special and the whole 'exclusive' marketing has now been turned into a lie.

The feeling of 'being tricked' is not nice. The feeling of being lied to is not pleasant as a customer.

I can see many PS gamers being turned off by this behavior...... I stopped buying all games (exclusives) day 1 due to my disappointment with their current strategy.

Better be ready for the backlash when they do announce the PC ports.... I'm gonna give them a hard time about it. You better believe.
Heads up. This isn't the first nor will it be the last time you have been "tricked" into buying something.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.

I don't blame you, I felt this way back when Xbox 1st announced their games will be on PC day 1

Agreed. If you decide to choose to buy a specific console you should be rewarded by knowing you have access to exclusive experiences that you could have only got for choose their system, otherwise what's the point.
The most innovative controller ever?

Edit
I'm sorry I'm bored waiting for wife to get home.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
It's...

The the first 3 Uncharted games but

at 4k/144fps
Yeah, but those games are from PS4, not PS5...so like does it make sense?

Also I own XSX, I have pretty beastly PC*, yet I play on eggxbawx. Turn it on and just play. Bliss.

Reasons for playing on console is largely preference, so I don't see points of such articles.

*not to brag, but..

sainraja

More in the link.

Hey! Have you seen this thread?

Agent X

All of those games are about 4 to 14 years old. If someone resisted getting a Sony console for that long, then it's safe to say that he was never truly very interested in those games to begin with.

MonarchJT

Banned
As long as Sony's strategy is releasing console games on PC after the console revenue dries up then Sony console gamers don't have to accept anything. Nothing has really changed.
well...knowing that it is only a matter of time before playing the best version of the game .... it changes things a lot.

to be clear I was pro ... Xbox exclusives on PC ... . and I am the same for those PlayStation

Last edited:

Barakov

Yeah, but those games are from PS4, not PS5...so like does it make sense?

Also I own XSX, I have pretty beastly PC*, yet I play on eggxbawx. Turn it on and just play. Bliss.

Reasons for playing on console is largely preference, so I don't see points of such articles.

*not to brag, but..
Oh, I get it. I think for some people(myself included) the resolution bump and higher fps would be enough to revisit these games. I think the article itself is whinging for the sake of whinging. I also get the preference for using a console though since there's a bunch of games I probably should've got on PC but I got on console because I prefer playing on console sometimes. I could maybe see the author's point if this was Ghost of Tsushima or The Last of Us part II but the Uncharted Collection is remastered versions of PS3 games so it's definitely nitpicking on the author's part.

KAL2006

Banned
Honestly I wished Sony did what Microsoft do with bringing games day 1 on PC. It would make the transition easy to move away from PlayStation. I'm not even fussed about day 1 releases even 2 years time exclusive to PS5 I would still wait for PC. But it seems you have to second guess if the games when come to PC. I'm currently a PS5 owner and I'd definitely move to PC if all exclusives were on PC.

MrFunSocks

Banned
When will people learn that releasing games on PC doesn't take away from console sales? Apparently not any time soon unfortunately.

Even as someone with a PC that's significantly more powerful than these consoles, Sony releasing their games on PC wouldn't affect my decision to buy or not buy a PS5.

Last edited:
Top Bottom