• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Fight for Fortune rated in Australia

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.vg247.com/2012/11/07/unc...ne-turns-up-on-classification-board-database/

Uncharted: Fight for Fortune is listed as a multi-platform release from Sony, and has been awarded a G rating for “very mild impact” violence and drug use.

The developer is listed as One Loop Games, whose oeuvre includes downloadable Xbox 360 and PlayStation Network titles, as well as an extensive list of mobile releases. Most seem to be spin-odd to existing franchises, including a couple of Sony ones – God of War: Betrayal and Ratchet & Clank: Going Mobile.

The Los Angeles-based company’s website lists two secret projects, one of which is a “big game”.

No announcements have been made regarding the future of the Uncharted series; naughty Dog continues to support the third game, Drake’s Deception, but is also working on 2013 release The Last of Us.

XPEsa.png

Duffyside

Banned
Good idea, Sony; take your best franchise and just keep squeezing the fucking shit out of it, so it'll be worthless in two years. Idiots.

Choc

Banned
PlayStation Mobile games do. Though ESRB fees are free now, dunno about Aussie land. Then again, it's Sony so they can eat the cost.

This is correct. This classification cost sony about $800 :)

IOS/Android games don't need to be rated due to a fuckin huge loophole in our system right now, that will be closed next year

but under the reforms the ARLC is proposing, there is a major chance australia will change to a self regulation model like the US with the COB dealing with appeals of wrong decisions.

thats what the ARLC wants because of the deluge of IOS/Android titles

I'll wait to see what this is before overreacting. But this better be a very high quality game. A big problem that Sony has had in the past is letting mediocre developers work on some of their major franchises which does nothing but drive the franchise name into the ground.

Golden Abyss sequel with Cross Play and Cross Save and Cross Buy.

Please.

Yeah, they should make a Golden Abyss sequel that's also available on the PS3, just to make sure no-one bothers to buy the Vita. Great idea.

PS Mobile games don't need to be classified by the ACB, as Sony have come up with a compromise (link), so I'm not sure what's going on here.

Takao

Banned
guys it'll be announced at nintendo direct tomorrow

multi-platform
g-rating (it's on nintendo hardware after all)

it makes sense

PlayStation Mobile games do. Though ESRB fees are free now, dunno about Aussie land. Then again, it's Sony so they can eat the cost.

Actually nup, PlayStation Mobile games don't need to be rated in Australia either. Classification Board treats them the same as iOS/Android games. All PSM games on the local store just use whatever rating they were given by the UK's PEGI.

Takao

Banned
I'd buy an Uncharted 2D platformer. The staff at this studio previously made 2D mobile renditions of Sony's IPs so who knows.

Noi

From the God of War: Betrayal developer? I love me some Uncharted, but I'll have to wary about that.

Top Bottom