• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection launches on January 28, 2022 on PS5

Tarkus98

Remaster Golden Abyss already!
Need that “It’s dead Jim” gif. Just never gonna happen. It’s a shame too, would make good use of the dual sense and hell it was just a fun Uncharted game that gets 0 love from Sony.
Ah well, we can dream or fuck, just make it in Dreams. Lol.

Last edited:
I've never played thorugh these games, got partway throught the first one a few years back. but I have previously purchased U4 on PS, and have the disc for the remastered OT.

Is the upgrade available for prerder? I don't have the option for it.

Im not using the disc since I don't want to confuse sony's licence policy but the digital U4 should let me pre order the upgrade? all I see is the full price version.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

I've never played thorugh these games, got partway throught the first one a few years back. but I have previously purchased U4 on PS, and have the disc for the remastered OT.

Is the upgrade available for prerder? I don't have the option for it.

Im not using the disc since I don't want to confuse sony's licence policy but the digital U4 should let me pre order the upgrade? all I see is the full price version.
Upgrade will be available on launch day. January 28

Hunnybun

Is it just me or is there the smallest hint of some graphical improvements now?

This surely can't JUST be a 60fps boost, right? (or 4k30, I know). I mean, they're calling it a remaster.

I wouldn't usually mind so much but the games could really do with a bit of work. They've aged a bit compared to other big PS4 games.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war

This surely can't JUST be a 60fps boost, right? (or 4k30, I know). I mean, they're calling it a remaster.

I wouldn't usually mind so much but the games could really do with a bit of work. They've aged a bit compared to other big PS4 games.

Looks like improved texture and shadow resolution, maybe better AF.

dotnotbot

Wow.... Ms games get the boosts for free lol.
Many of Sony games did as well, Tsushima got free 60 fps patch even though they re-released it later as DC. For some reason they want more money from Uncharted only, probably counting on movie boosting their sales a lot.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It will. PS5 first. They probably want to give God of War some space on PC.

Edit: It just hit me Uncharted 4 came out almost 6 years ago and sit still looks like that. Seriously if a game was released in 2022 with those character models no one would say it looked bad in any way.

You're right! Now imagine what ND's first PS5 only game will look like!!

Where did they call it a remaster?

Edit: Oops, they said it in the video.

Last edited:

Ammogeddon

Does anyone know how the upgrade is going to work?

I have A Thieves End digital edition for PS4 in my library but I only have the option to preorder Legacy of Thieves at full price on PS5 for £44.99.

My understanding was that I would be able to upgrade for £10.

Jayjayhd34

It's showing in library for some reason I've not purchased the upgrade and have n plans to as I've only just played them

isoRhythm

Banned
Uncharted 4 has aged quite badly. Colours look dull and washed out.
WRrjbd6.jpg

What are you playing that looks significantly better than UC4? And washed out? The game is colorful af

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Im looking foward to the new daulsense implementations, that alongside 60fps + plus better textures + effects should have it feeling quite fresh.

Hunnybun

WRrjbd6.jpg

What are you playing that looks significantly better than UC4? And washed out? The game is colorful af

I don't think it looks washed out, but it has aged relatively badly. The problem is the low resolution textures: the game looks really soft now. Actually TLOU2 has the same problem to some extent, although obviously in general fidelity that's still much better than UC4.

I'd say the following look clearly better than it:

God of War
Days Gone
RDR2
TLOU2
Death Stranding
Spider-Man
Ghost of Tsushima

I'm not counting PS5 stuff.

And it's not just a resolution thing. Returnal, say, with a base resolution of 1080p, looks much sharper.

kyliethicc

Last edited:

OZ9000

Banned
WRrjbd6.jpg

God Of War (and most other titles which have been released in the past couple of years)

The game looks like it has a slight low contrast filter applied and looks soft based on the video.

Maybe I need to play it direct feed to appreciate.

Either way, looks dated.

Last edited:

engstra

So I have the discs of both games but did claim Uncharted 4 when it was offered for free. I should still be able to pop in either disc and claim the £10 upgrade right?

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
God Of War (and most other titles which have been released in the past couple of years)

The game looks like it has a slight low contrast filter applied and looks soft based on the video.

Maybe I need to play it direct feed to appreciate.

Either way, looks dated.
Tom Hardy Bait GIF

gamer82

Don't think you just get the second game for free? I think they mean if you buy the upgrade you can play the game you own
nah you still need the disk in to play the ps5 remasters, I picked up u4 for like a £5 used before Christmas so £15 for two games is a deal .so I have them all now , it's a shame they really didn't remaster the first 3 games. especially the first one as it looks terrible now and I wouldn't mind bluepoint doing it or maybe let them create a new uncharted.

Last edited:

engstra

nah you still need the disk in to play the ps5 remasters, I picked up u4 for like a £5 used before Christmas so £15 for two games is a deal .so I have them all now , it's a shame they really didn't remaster the first 3 games. especially the first one as it looks terrible now and I wouldn't mind bluepoint doing it or maybe let them create a new uncharted.
Ok but I would still be eligible for the £10 upgrade even though I claimed the ps plus copy of UC4?

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I couldn't help myself, paid my $10 and upgraded. I haven't played UC4 since about 2017 so I felt like it was time to revisit it anyways.

First impressions: fidelity mode feels really half assed. It barely looks better than performance mode for too great a sacrifice in FPS, and overall, neither mode looks that much better than what we got on the PS4 Pro. So that's a let down.

I did notice they made minor adjustments to the gameplay within certain sequences thus far which makes the game play better. Small things, like where the camera aims at the conclusion of certain scripted events, how smoothly the player can move about in certain circumstances, that kind of thing. Maybe I am just fooling myself but it does really feel like it is playing better.

And that's it so far. Two hours in and it's UC4, looking slightly better than I remember it, playing slightly better than I remember it.

engstra

It's great if you don't own both. If you do own both though, it is a ripoff.
I can't really remember how the games felt at the time but I'm impressed by what I'm playing. Here in the UK I'm gonna get a free ticket for the movie in cinema so that's a nice bonus.

Top Bottom