• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNCHARTED |OT| The Master Thief Collection

hawk2025

Hey, remember when God of War II had a totally hidden, "experimental" mode that could be unlocked with a code for playing with a higher resolution?

Perhaps based on feedback from the collection, ND will hide an understandably "downgraded" 60fps version of the campaign on Uncharted 4.

Maybe?
Please?

I know, I know. The amount of work is not close to comparable.

gdt

Already preloaded but won't be able to play till Monday afternoon. Spending the whole weekend with my GF so I doubt she's down to sit on the couch and watch me play.

Bummer.

Horohoro

If Neil is reading this I just have one thing to say.

As a remarkably avid player of U2 and U3 online please allow as much customization as was in the U3 online beta to be in the U4 game...
Also please respect the beta players who tell you how the health gun balances/power feels without resorting to the drastic measures of events such as the U2 1.05 patch... which as I am sure you know the reputation of.

Please and thank you... now will this get read?
Stay tuned to find out... >>

PR_rambo

Banned
Fantastic OT, perfection

Can't wait to jump back into the Uncharted Trilogy

Especially Uncharted 2

Game of the forever

TheJoRu

Have blasted through about half of Drake's Fortune so far today (courtesy of my save file that says 47%). I'm really liking it so far, they really nailed the swashbuckling feel that they quite obviously were going for; though I am looking forward to a locale shift in the later games. There's only so much mysterious island a man can handle at once.

Also, just noticed the U4-beta begins on my birthday, what a gift! Thanks, Neil!

gdt

As a remarkably avid player of U2 and U3 online please allow as much customization as was in the U3 online beta to be in the U4 game...
Also please respect the beta players who tell you how the health gun balances/power feels without resorting to the drastic measures of events such as the U2 1.05 patch... which as I am sure you know the reputation of.

UC3 went back up to high health.

zsynqx

Tbh I doubt Neil has much input in that but who knows. However if Robert Cogburn or Erin daly (Whoever is lead UC4 multiplayer) is reading listen to this post! :)

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Can't wait to experience UC1 in its definitive form. UC1 was super rough in its original form..

Also, Hi Neil and the rest of the ND team!

epmode

Y'know, maybe you OP guys should just use searchable text instead of tarting everything up. Looks great but it's not very functional.

still debating to get this, since I haven't played any of the Uncharted games before....

There should be ZERO debate... this series is one of the defining franchises from last generation and should be experienced by everyone who didn't own a PS3 or play these masterpieces last gen. Don't miss out... plus, with UC4 coming out in 6 months, you really need to get that attachment to these wonderfully developed characters. Honestly, there is no game series (IMO) that comes anywhere close to the storytelling that Naughty Dog achieves in the UC games (other than The Last of Us, of course -- but that is ND also!).

giphy.gif

acevans2

Is there any confirmed change to the looks of the characters' faces (ex: reduce the perceived difference between Elena and Chloe in Uncharted 3 vs 2)?

My advice to newcomers would be to meter out the games, don't finish them all at once quickly. They're great - but i can imagine the gameplay becoming stale if you nom nom them too hard, much like the GOW collection.

gdt

Y'know, maybe you OP guys should just use searchable text instead of tarting everything up. Looks great but it's not very functional.

Gaf loves this shit. I have never really understood it. OT used to be so massive. Like 10 posts straight on bullshit. The old ass creed ots still give me nightmares.

-griffy-

Banned
Is there any confirmed change to the looks of the characters' faces (ex: reduce the perceived difference between Elena and Chloe in Uncharted 3 vs 2)?

Models are the same as far as I know. Texture resolution got a bump. They are using Drakes skin shader/hair from Uncharted 3 on his Uncharted 1 model, but the model is more or less the same. They seemed to have fixed the specular on Chloe's eyes in 2.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I still don't understand the pre-order bonus skins. Why do I need Nathan Drake skins for the main character, Nathan Drake? Does it let you play as any of the default skins in any of the games? Like I can play UC1 as Drake from UC3?

Great OT...Will get it when it's cheaper, can't wait to read the thoughts and opinions of those who've never played the series before though. Ya'll in are in for a hell of a ride!

Brilliant title. Amazing series. Great OT.

Will pick this up at some point before Uncharted 4, though without co-op I'm a little less hyped. Still, looks like a true high quality remaster.

Eggbok

I thought € was the main/most common currency in Europe, not the British pounds.

Good OT.
But I miss som€thing.

Quick question: why put £ for prices in Europe?

Edit: I posted here at the right time!

See that's my bad because I wasn't sure but I changed it to €.

I still don't understand the pre-order bonus skins. Why do I need Nathan Drake skins for the main character, Nathan Drake? Does it let you play as any of the default skins in any of the games? Like I can play UC1 as Drake from UC3?

Yeah you can play with all 65+ through all 3 games, I'm adding that to the faq at the moment.

epmode

Gaf loves this shit. I have never really understood it. OT used to be so massive. Like 10 posts straight on bullshit. The old ass creed ots still give me nightmares.

You can apparently still get away with it if everything's in image files.

See that's my bad because I wasn't sure but I changed it to €.

Thanks but the prices aren't right.

Standard Edition is 60 €.
Special Edition is 75 €.
500 GB Bundle is 399,99 €.
1 TB Bundle is 449,99 €.

But yeah, I'm being rude, you still did a great job!

told myself I was going to wait for a black friday sale...but I will probably end up picking this up along with AC for the spend 100 and get 15 back thing. Already have some money on my account anyway.

After watching a video of the brutal difficult, I really dont see how it will be possible on some missions. I am really glad that it doesnt count for the plat

Great job OP and can't wait for Friday!

I was nearly done with my playthrough of UC1 last year but put it off in favor of other games. So I'll be jumping back into UC1 for sure.

Easily one of my favorite game series ever, mostly due to my love of Indiana Jones and adventure movies, and the Uncharted series captures the tone perfectly.

Toparaman

Banned
Now that is a good thread title.

Uncharted 2 is one of the few games that does setpieces right, and I'm glad more people are going to be able to play it.

dreamfall

Amazing thread title! Really excited to play these again on the PS4, got my copy ordered from Amazon. I'm in a real adventure mood, with this and Tomb Raider coming out, it's going to be a great start of the holiday season!

Just started playing UC1 again, and have to admit....I'm enjoying this way more than I thought I would. Game starts to click again and it looks lush...really good job by Bluepoint. Voice acting after all these years still makes me giggle and is still awesome

Putty

Halfway through UC1, and it's simply sublime. Looks fablulous, runs nigh on flawlessly and with U2 and 3 to come, I imagine 3 will give new gen titles a serious run for their money in the visual dept.

Top Bottom