• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - Game Informer details

Chloe and Nadine's relationship will evolve throughout the story, which will be reflected in both the story and gameplay. Nadine, who will play a role similar to Sam in Uncharted 4, can help Chloe in combat, however she'll be more inclined to do so as she and Chloe learn to trust each other throughout the game.

Overall, The Lost Legacy will be more personal, "grounded story" according to Escayg, who spoke to Game Informer. Chloe is part Indian but has not been to the country in a while, so the game will reflect her personal past, particularly her relationship with her father, as well as her cultural heritage. As Escayg has previously stated, Hinduism will play a key role in the narrative, with Escayg explaining that Naughty Dog is "tying the culture and stories of the Hindu gods, even the story of the Hoysala Empire and the kings that ruled there," to Chloe's story.

"This is the single largest level we've ever done in Uncharted," designer James Cooper said to Game Informer of the Western Ghats, one of the two locations GI demoed, noting that it's larger than Uncharted 4's Madagascar level.

Chloe will record findings about the environments she and Nadine explore on her phone, as she was seen using in the game's reveal at PSX. The jeep Chloe drove in GI's demo also featured a winch, as did vehicles in Uncharted 4, and the development team is taking feedback from the last game, including more puzzles but less crates to help companion characters navigate the world.

The Lost Legacy will also introduce a lockpicking minigame, while Game Director Kurt Margenau told GI that The Lost Legacy has the most side content for players to discover, including more collectibles, battle encounters, and special dialogue scenarios.

The Lost Legacy, though it takes place about six months after Uncharted 4, will reflect on the franchise's past. Co-writer Josh Scherr teased that players might see whether Chloe and Nadine will bring up Drake in conversation, considering both have very different relationships with the treasure hunter.

Escayg also told GI that "there might be" cameos from familiar characters from the franchise's previous installments.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03...-legacy-first-story-gameplay-details-revealed

Got the digital issue, will reveal. Spoilers obviously

They originally planned doing a Sam & Sully story but they said his age was too much of a limiting factor. Then they thought of a Sully origin story and how they knew each other. Drake's life has been mapped out and there isn't much left to do with his past
Chloe is half Indian and half ???
Nadine lost Shoreline, but why is she a solo merc? what happened with her treasure? That will be revealed
Game is entirely in India
The villain is a mercenary and philosopher named Asev who "thinks" he is a descendant of the Hoysala Empire which lasted until the 15th century. He feels the Tusk of Ganesha should be his by birthright
Chloe has a little inferiority complex, she wants to be famous as Drake, her father was an archeologist, she was raised Hindu and she is very knowledgeable with Indian history
ND is taking extreme pains to be respectful with Hindu culture and history.
There will be multiplayer and the game will connect with UC4 multiplayer & survival co-op directly
Chloe can't climb as well as drake, she has no knowledge of martial arts so she fights more to stun, evade, uses her reflexes and slight frame to her advantage
Chloe and Nadine have several outfits
Chloe hired Nadine to help her find the Tusk. The treasure hunting community is small and they know each other by reputation
Nadie and Chloe don't trust each other at first, but as they trust each other they fight more effectively together
The rope from UC4 is in

After UC4. It's very obvious it's after the main story.
Plus:
How will these two women who never trusted anyone, been completely self reliant learn to work together? That's a big theme. They have very different backgrounds but they are ruthless and driven in their own ways,
The game will be better paced and more puzzle heavy, some brainteaser, some environmental
Drake had a journal, Chloe has a phone
There won't be any crate puzzles, well one or two as a joke. People hated using the crate in UC4 and they got a lot of negative feedback from it
There WILL be a Silenced Pistol. It was used as a lockpick reward

Sanojio

Wait, six months after Uncharted 4?
or six months after the epilogue?

Plus:
How will these two women who never trusted anyone, been completely self reliant learn to work together? That's a big theme. They have very different backgrounds but they are ruthless and driven in their own ways,
The game will be better paced and more puzzle heavy, some brainteaser, some environmental
There won't be any crate puzzles, well one or two as a joke. People hated using the crate in UC4 and they got a lot of negative feedback from it

Jigolo

Someone ask ND about the triple pack buyers. the dlc was advertised as included but has since changed. if it ain't included anymore i think i'll pass on this for false advertisement. payed $25 for pretty much nothing so far

The God

Plus:

Awesome

Zukkoyaki

This seems more akin to something like Halo ODST where it's far closer to a proper full entry than a DLC. Everything sounds fantastic so far!

Sounds good, excited to play as Chloe. This is sounding even bigger than I was expecting. Going on blackout after I read the issue when I get it

Dovahking

Plus:

infinite-yes-daniel-bryan.gif

HeelPower

Naughty Dog needs to stop putting passive partners you can't play as in their games.

Make me switch at will between the two characters on screen.Uncharted 4 would've done better to switch between Sam and Drake.

At least TLoU does that for one arc in the game,to great effect.

Nothing about release date huh...

Any ideas!?

Yoshida mentioned at PSX that they're going to be much more careful when announcing release dates from now on. So, you really shouldn't expect to hear any from Sony until they're absolutely certain that they can hit it.

Sounds really good. Hope we get a release date soon. unless they plan on announcing that a E3. like they did with InFamous First Light.

I hope its Aug/Sep release.

prag16

Banned
Love Chloe so I'm in. The way she exited the series in UC3 wasn't great, so pumped that this wasn't the end of her story.

But Nadine kind of sucked in UC4. If Chloe finds out she spent endless resources trying to kill Drake and still remotely trusts her I will be disappoint.

newbong95

Everyone wants to be famous like drake ...

. so the ending will be a sword fight between drake and chloe ! LOL

The cameos are either going to be Sully (with Sam) or Cutter because he's Chloe's guy. Nothing else makes sense unless they decided to revive Eddy Raja.

AndyVirus

Would've been much more pumped if it was Chloe and Cutter. Nadine was forgettable. Fine if they wrapped up her story as a side character here, but I'm wary of her having such a large role to play. Hopefully she's more interesting, even if it's just a "when she's going to stab me in the back" constant tease.

Falchion

I can't wait to see what the huge vehicle environment looks like, hopefully they keep it under wraps until release.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I think I might enjoy this more than the main campaign. Sounds really good

We can only hope.

This sounds awesome.

DrD

This sounds really good. Definitely paying attention to some of the problems people had with Uncharted 4.

Top Bottom