• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Has Gone Gold

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
The Lost Legacy is a short game. I spent maybe 25 hours playing Uncharted: A Thief’s End and enjoyed every part of it. This game kept me busy for just 10.5 hours. It feels like a DLC game that grew up to be something bigger. That’s probably why Sony priced it at $40, less than a full-fledged Uncharted game. But we have been trained only to expect the best from Naughty Dog, and it’s a bit of a letdown that the game isn’t longer.
This quote is so weird. I mean, that's pretty much on par or more than the original Uncharted games - especially Drake's Fortune.

10+ hours is plenty for a game like this. UC4 was uncharacteristically long for the series and some of that was down to pacing.

This quote is so weird. I mean, that's pretty much on par or more than the original Uncharted games - especially Drake's Fortune.

10+ hours is plenty for a game like this. UC4 was uncharacteristically long for the series and some of that was down to pacing.
Where is that quote from?

25 hours for UC4? Was there a literal crawling mechanic I overlooked?

Yeah, but his playtime of Lost Legacy is discredited due to the fact Uncharted 4 took him 25 hours. That's insanely slow. Lost Legacy could take the average person 7 hours.

I honestly is expecting a little more than that. not because 10 hour is short, because from what I hear, Lost Legacy will have more open level, even more than Uncharted 4. so I assume more playtime will be spent on exploring the huge world especially for people who want to find treasures.

I was expecting the story to be around Uncharted 1 long, which is around 8 hours for me, + whatever time spent on exploring that will make the playtime longer.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Not to mention "it feels like a DLC game that grew up to be something bigger" is quite literally what it is.

silva1991

Not to mention "it feels like a DLC game that grew up to be something bigger" is quite literally what it is.

Yup. Some reviewers are so baffling to me. Like did they ask themselves why it only took one year to develop this after UC4 came out and why it's only 40$?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Yeah, but his playtime of Lost Legacy is discredited due to the fact Uncharted 4 took him 25 hours. That's insanely slow. Lost Legacy could take the average person 7 hours.
I'm playing it myself and it feels reasonably long.

I would say the pacing is very different from any previous Uncharted game. It feels more like an adventure with lots of time between big sequences to explore the environment.

I think it works well, though. It cuts out all of the fat from Uncharted 4 and feels very refined and focused (for the most part).

this is GAF, if your opinion is different than the majority, they will turn against you, especially if that game was a Sony exclusive

sometimes when i post my opinion about a certain game, they call me a troll because my opinion is different than theirs, or they say my post is stupid or a joke

for the record, i agree 100% with you, ND should never have mixed TLOU and Uncharted series

From my GAF experience so far, MY FUCKING GOD THE 1ST TWO SENTENCES OF THIS QUOTE ARE ACCURATE AS FUCK I FEEL!!!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Yeah .. what's with that comment ? 10.5 hours is a great length for a game like this.

The first few Uncharted games could be beaten within that time-frame. Seems like the original comment from DF's video ( think it was you who made it) about it being the same length as the 1st PS3 game are pretty accurate.

I don't mind this at all.

Shin-Ra

The rappel location in the Chloe Frazer short.

kJGB1hg.gif

Hopefully there's some good nooks and crannies to explore.

Shin-Ra

I wasn't able to find an answer for this, but does your progress from UC4 multi carry over to LL?
Progress, loadouts and everything, yes.

edit: https://www.unchartedthegame.com/en-us/faqs/
If I play Multiplayer in Uncharted 4, will my player profile, loadouts, and preferences carry over to Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Multiplayer?

Yes. All of your progress, unlocks, and loadouts will carry over seamless from Uncharted 4 Multiplayer.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
Do we have to download the whole 45GB if we already have Uncharted 4( multiplayer) installed on ps4?

Anyone know what this chest is?

VXg8DLR.png

It wasn't there when I "bought" the game a few days ago. I wonder if it's a deluxe edition thing or everyone who preorders gets it.

Top Bottom