• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy may be 'over 10 hours long'

Cyberia

During our chat, Naughty Dog director of communications Arne Mayer dropped a small detail regarding the game's length, potentially revealing that it will be around 10 hours long.

This came in response to a question about when Uncharted: The Lost Legacy – revealed in December and set to release this year – transitioned from being downloadable content to a larger scale standalone adventure.

"Years ago, when we were asked if we were ever doing a single player expansion for Uncharted we always said, 'Well, we don't have the self-discipline to do that'. If we tried to do that we'd create a full game," Mayer told us.

"There's no way we could, sort of, constrict and restrain ourselves, and that's exactly what was happening here. When we were doing story pitches, we were coming up with a game that would be over ten hours long and so we suddenly realised everything we said was true and we couldn't keep it short."

IBTimes UK has reached out to Sony for comment.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/naughty-dog-teases-uncharted-lost-legacy-may-be-over-10-hours-long-1615941

SlcaiO4.gif

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
yeah, they are going to charge $40 for it, arent they?

$32 for me with GCU so not bad at all.

Zukkoyaki

Based on what they're saying I'm expecting a pretty solidly full campaign experience (6-8 hours). I would be surprised, but not disappointed, if it were over 10.

Harmen

Well, that would be longer than the original and 3, which would be fantastic. I am expecting a bit less though.

Unknown?

Sounds good! Glad it won't be a short 2-3 hour game. Would have been happy with 5 but it's likely to be 6-8 average completion.

It took me a bit longer on PS3, but on PS4 I finished 1 in 5:47 and 2 in 8:37 without rushing, so anything close to 10 is a full game.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Why is it even DLC or an add-on at this point? Why should we assume a full-length game made with the budgets that ND games run would be anything other than full price?

Elios83

That would be the size of the first game basically. Great if confirmed for the final game.

Why is it even DLC or an add-on at this point? Why should we assume a full-length game made with the budgets that ND games run would be anything other than full price?

It's not a DLC anymore at this point, it's a spinoff, similar to the Vita game in concept but made by ND themselves.
At the beginning it was supposed to be something like the TLOU DLC and was included in the season pass, then it has turned into something bigger.

MCD250

Uncharted 4 had an atypically long campaign for the series, so a more traditional 7-10 campaign is all sorts of right with me.

BigEmil

Does this include padding ?

Uncharted 4 had lots of unnecessary padding just to make it longer which completely ruined the pacing of the game, hurts replayability too.

Makes sense, if it was much shorter it'd still be marketed as DLC rather than a standalone thing.

I'm expecting it to take most people around 8hrs, longer would be great though.

Shock32

BasicBarrenIndianabat.gif

10 hours for Nate to lift hard while Chloe and Nadine go do treasure hunting shit.

I'm down.

lol!

I'm glad I bought the triple pack or whatever it was because it sounds like this DLC is going to be worth it's weight in value. Do we know the stand alone price yet?

acevans2

Of course one shouldn't take this literally as "10 hour game" but you can infer from this that it's not some straightforward set of objectives that you trot through to see some story beats and you're done.

There's some substance to it, and that's a great great thing. Full disclosure: I love the Uncharted series.

Kssio_Aug

For a DLC I honestly expect no more than 3~4 hours to finish for the 1st time.

I still need to get U4 though... =/

Top Bottom