• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy |OT| Ladies Trip

Rien

Jelly Belly
Finished it!! 9.5/10. Took me more then 9.5 hours and i enjoyed every second of it. Best Uncharted since 2 and maybe i even think this one is the best.

Just finished it. I think this was better than Uncharted 1 but man, that first half was really really weak. Last half was great though. The level/fight design was really poor on crushing. There was no possible way to play with stealth except that last scenario/fight. It's as if ND had the designer of Uncharted 4 Chapter 17 make all the fights in this game.

And I think that (character spoilers)

Sam really should have been in most of the game. The chemistry between the 3 of them was better in that hour or so was better and more enjoyable than the entire chemistry of just Chloe and Nadine before hand.

Oh yeah and please no more open world sections. That was terrible.

Just finished it. I think this was better than Uncharted 1 but man, that first half was really really weak. Last half was great though. The level/fight design was really poor on crushing. There was no possible way to play with stealth except that last scenario/fight. It's as if ND had the designer of Uncharted 4 Chapter 17 make all the fights in this game.

Sam really should have been in most of the game. The chemistry between the 3 of them was better in that hour or so was better and more enjoyable than the entire chemistry of just Chloe and Nadine before hand.

Agreed on the spoiler bit. I actually think Nadine wasn't that strong of a coop partner for most of the game and Chloe really carried most of that relationship.

Yeah, I'm sure it will win GAF's GotY by an even bigger margin than Uncharted 4 did.

I honestly don't think so. Within the thread I might be in the minority in preferring UC4 over TLL (I think UC4 is better in most areas and some of them, significantly so) but I don't think TLL just will be able to stack up against the other onslaught of games this year has presented.

I'm thinking something like Horizon is going to eat a large part of TLLs pie.

I honestly don't think so. Within the thread I might be in the minority in preferring UC4 over TLL (I think UC4 is better in most areas and some of them, significantly so) but I don't think TLL just will be able to stack up against the other onslaught of games this year has presented.

I'm thinking something like Horizon is going to eat a large part of TLLs pie.

Horizon pips it by a bit. But damn if it isn't ultra close. I had a blast with both. Both in the upper echelon of games I've played this year.

What difficulty are you playing the game there sir? The game looks fun in your gifs, but not when I am actually playing it.

My first playthrough was on Moderate which was a lot of fun, once finished I spend most my time with the game replaying encounters on light, same as I did with UC4. Hard and Crushing is more about stealth and a lot of hiding behind cover whereas on light I'm able to experiment with the gameplay more and go guns blazing without worrying about dying too much. Playstyle is a lot different between light and hard.

Looking back, Chapter 4 was honestly the highlight for me. The sense of adventure was incredible (never thought I'd see something like that in Uncharted!), the puzzles were fantastic and so well integrated into the world, and the sandboxy combat was as fun as ever.

That being said, I'm also glad the whole game wasn't that way. There's something truly special about having these segments simply be unique levels, similar to the few open chapters in Uncharted 4.

now i REALLY want them to make another mainline uncharted. these guys can probably even turn charlie cutter into a great character lol..
this time lets have them explore the amazons or southern africa for ancient tribe relics.

oh and we havent done any heavily water based one....

basically im looking for a blue whale encounter

Plum

In the first big open area and there's a token marked on the map in the middle of a lake. All there is nearby is a statue of an Elephant and a smaller one of a Chicken. Got no idea what to do. Any ideas, GAF?

Edit: Never mind! Just had to look down. And on closer inspection it was a Duck instead of Chicken.

Game's awesome, by the way, really loving the more open ended style so far.

Duxxy3

Just finished. I have a new Uncharted ranking.

UC2>UCLL>UC1>UC3>UC4>UCGA

I'd be thrilled if the Uncharted series was left in the hands of these developers.

edit: Also, the
silent pistol
is so much fun

edit: 5 hours 20 minutes for me on light. I played it roughly the same way as I would any other Uncharted game.

Was the very last sequence where you have to run to get off the exploding train after defeating Asav a passing nod to Golden Abyss?
I don't remember any of the previous games having that sort of perspective besides GA.

Riddler

Watching the credits to my new favourite Uncharted game Lost Legacy! Played it on Hard difficulty and OMG what a thrill ride.

Video game/movie Uncharted LL is just a amazing title and I didn't expect it to be such a full game at a budget price.

I do have some nit picks like clipping through environments while climbing or just rolling off a edge to my death because she didn't auto grab the ledge.

Also hilarious stealth while Nadine runs around the environment pathfinding through enemies.

Amazing game, Entertaining summer blockbuster movie.

Also
Trio has amazing chemistry while Sam comes off as a young Sully. Can't wait for new adventures with the trio.

RodzTF

Beat on Crushing and got the platinum.

Who here actually enjoys playing the Uncharted games on Crushing difficulty? Because there were certain parts of my run that really irritated me.

Chapter 9

The train sequence was pretty painful. Not so much the fight with Asav, but the jeep/carriage hopping really grated on me. When you're surrounded by gunfire, trying to navigate moving platforms, the jankiness of the platforming and jump movement is really at ends with one another and makes for an almighty unpleasant experience.

IMO they're best enjoyed on Casual/Moderate, where you can relax and take in the adventure. The combat is not integral to the experience and I'm actually glad they toned it down slightly for UC4 and this.

Toe-Knee

Was the very last sequence where you have to run to get off the exploding train after defeating Asav a passing nod to Golden Abyss?
I don't remember any of the previous games having that sort of perspective besides GA.

Uncharted 3 had that at the end too

Riddler

Reminded me off Crash Bandicoot.

shaneo632

How much shooting does the game have? I've always found the gunplay to be the worst part of these games, I love the platforming tho.

Plum

The prize for collecting all the tokens is a bit disappointing.
As someone who couldn't care less about trophies or collectables knowing if there's a treasure nearby is kind of meaningless. If it gave a health upgrade or something on top of that it would have been great.

Finished it. Very Uncharted. I'll take Chloe and Nadine over Nate and Sully or Nate and Elena though. Even with that, UC4 and Lost Legacy is on the same level for me.

UC4 = UCLL >>>>> original trilogy

They've done a great job making the gunplay better and better with each game. The overall plot and writing is typical Uncharted, complete with the two-dimensional bad guy who talks far too much. Chloe and Nadine make the game. I both liked them and disliked them at parts, but that's more than I can say for Nate throughout the original trilogy. I hope we see more of them.

eKWVnLX.gif

Lima

My first platinum in an Uncharted game. Loved every second of this game. Even did Crushing without the cheats. While it was difficult at times I definitely can't echo the sentiments in this thread about it being unfair.
If anything it simply hurts the fun of the combat especially with how you can swing around the arenas being a badass with the rope while stringing together combos on moderate.
On Crushing it becomes just another cover shooter with some pretty terrible cover mechanics at times.

What was so bad about it?

Finished it. Very Uncharted. I'll take Chloe and Nadine over Nate and Sully or Nate and Elena though. Even with that, UC4 and Lost Legacy is on the same level for me.

UC4 = UCLL >>>>> original trilogy

They've done a great job making the gunplay better and better with each game. The overall plot and writing is typical Uncharted, complete with the two-dimensional bad guy who talks far too much. Chloe and Nadine make the game. I both liked them and disliked them at parts, but that's more than I can say for Nate throughout the original trilogy. I hope we see more of them.

Yea, the villain was a bit disappointing. More than anything, he just felt so stereotypical and half-hearted. There were a couple of cool things they could've expanded on to give him a bit more character, but he largely fell flat and was a non-presence for most of the game.

nomis

I wouldn't go that far. A lot of it has to do with the chemistry between the pairings.

oh i grew to love sully and nate as much as anyone, i just think that as a premise for your game, playing as a half indian woman on an adventure in india is much more inherently interesting and unique to me than nathan as the protagonist of say UC1

Tahnit

Banned
Just finished it.

Yeah we dont need Nathan drake for uncharted anymore. Chloe and Nadine could easily take up the torch. What a game.

shaneo632

Really like the hint system in this game. I got stuck on the last axe statue puzzle for a few minutes and was considering looking up a video, when Nadine just told me verbally how to do it.

Finished chapter 8, this is better than it has any right to be. They did a really good job with turning Chloe into a legit protagonist.

Finished chapter 8, this is better than it has any right to be. They did a really good job with turning Chloe into a legit protagonist.
Yeah, I just got to the beginning of chapter 8. I love the dynamic between Chole and Nadine and I particularly like Chloe as lead. This pretty much cemented her as my favorite character from the series.

Top Bottom