• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted : The Nathan Drake Collection 1080p/60fps footage+demo coming this summer

Pryce

I feel the jump from U2 and U3 won't be that large. In terms of just graphics and pure eye candy.

Now, UC1? That will be something.

Morts

Bah. I really want to see how much work went into Drake's Fortune. That will determine whether I'll be buying.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
That footage is worrisome. The remarkably high quality motion blur Uncharted 2 was known for appears to be completely absent.

Well the frame rate does look really smooth to me.
The video is 30fps. The original game was also 30fps and very stable.

From this 30fps video it looks like a downgrade due to missing post-effects.

I was thinking the same. It's not as impressive as I thought it would be but maybe that's due to how good it looked originally.

Yeah I doubt there's going to be that big of a leap in terms of quality since it looked outstanding on PS3. I can't wait to see Drake's Fortune though.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
That footage is worrisome. The remarkably high quality motion blur Uncharted 2 was known for appears to be completely absent.

The video is 30fps. The original game was also 30fps and very stable.

From this 30fps video it looks like a downgrade due to missing post-effects.
TLoUR was the same way. Dammit

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
TLoUR was the same way. Dammit
The effects were still present in TLoUR - but due to the way they were rendered blur appeared less prevalent at 60fps. It was still there, however, and completely visible at 30fps.

Here, the video is 30fps and there is absolutely no motion blur evident.

The footage is NOT from the remaster.
It's not from the final PS3 game either since, as I pointed out, it's missing motion blur.

It's also not from the original E3 reveal either.

So what do you think it's from then?

Moosichu

I may be wrong as we don't really get to see their faces, but they seem to be based on the Uncharted 3 models there. I may be wrong though. Probably am wrong :p

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The effects were still present in TLoUR - but due to the way they were rendered blur appeared less prevalent at 60fps. It was still there, however, and completely visible at 30fps.

Here, the video is 30fps and there is absolutely no motion blur evident.
I knew it was there in some small way but couldn't really see it at 30 myself.

Looks really sharp and textures seem better. However something seems a bit off, it looks greyer and less vibrant than I remember, as if certain lighting effects are missing. Motion blur seems different too but is definitely still there.

Walpurgis

Banned
Uncharted-TheNathanDrakeCollection_PS4_Editeur_005.jpg
Looks pretty meh, tbh.

Moosichu

Well I never heard of Gameblog.fr and I dont know where the heck they could have even played the game so they could just be bullshitting

They are a relatively big french gaming site.

They have had quite a few exclusive Naughty Dog related scoops before. Probably due to Christophe Balestra, one of the co-presidents of Naughty Dog, being French. They have really interesting interviews with him sometimes as well.

Top Bottom