• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted : The Nathan Drake Collection 1080p/60fps footage+demo coming this summer

Loudninja

PS blog
I played unfinished code that was missing a few minor visual effects, but Bluepoint’s loving influence was readily apparent. The studio is upgrading character models, environment textures, lighting, and special effects across the board, bringing all three games as close to visual modernity as possible while ensuring they remain true to their original creative direction.

As the studio finalizes work on the collection, it will also roll in the assorted control scheme tweaks, gameplay refinements, and subtle mechanical upgrades that evolved through the series across all three games, bringing them into closer gameplay parity.

Demo confirmed
Though my experiences with the game were brief, they were encouraging. You’ll get to see for yourself when a playable demo launches on the PlayStation Store later this summer.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...id=621409491095982081&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

GavinUK86

Gotta be honest, even if it was just the base PS3 game just at 1080p/60fps I would buy it. The preview doesn't look so hot but that youtube video looks great.

I played unfinished code that was missing a few minor visual effects

That sounds promising. Maybe that amazing motion blur is still in.

Freiya

Whatever the final version looks like, I'm jealous of all those that are going to experience this great series for the first time!! Definitely one of the best from last gen!

I'm sure looking forward to it! I'm really glad they're doing it because UC4 looks amazing and I never had a ps3.

Nice!!! Sounds really promising.

NateDrake

My expectations for the environments are low but I'm hoping the character models get work. They're really dated.

But then if they don't rerender it cutscenes it'll be very jarring

Yeah, it's a tough game to set expectations to. The visual style advanced a great deal between UC1 => UC2. We know UC2/3 will basically be a resolution and frame rate boost, but nothing too massive.

hawk2025

From the blog post:

You’ll get to see for yourself when a playable demo launches on the PlayStation Store later this summer.

Nice!

Excellent news. Bluepoint and Sony must be confident.

Yeah, it's a tough game to set expectations to. The visual style advanced a great deal between UC1 => UC2. We know UC2/3 will basically be a resolution and frame rate boost, but nothing too massive.

Changing the character model is already more than I expected, tbh. If they somehow rerender the cutscenes (still HIGHLY doubt that), this will be a pretty impressive remaster job.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
My God, I can now predict exactly what I'm going to read in a remaster thread ... and Youtube suddenly becomes the perfect way in which to judge the quality of the graphics. It's really odd how 'some' people wait patiently for Gamersyde videos and 'others' love to judge immediately. Unbelievable.

Agreed. I knew what I was going to read before even clicking it.

I wanna see the upgrades to UC1 to see how well they brought it up to 2/3.

It's going to be TLOU all over again

"Should we expect the worst?"
"It's 4 weeks until the game is out and there's no gameplay footage. What is Sony hiding?"
"Doesn't look any better"

Oh man, that was insane. Isn't that was launched #concern into the stratosphere on here?

Gurish

Looks good, but damn it looks so bland visually compared to U4, I know I know different generations and all but still, I remember I was so blown away by this and now...

But still looks nice and I'll be happy to replay this classic when price drops a bit.

Drencrom

PS blog

As the studio finalizes work on the collection, it will also roll in the assorted control scheme tweaks, gameplay refinements, and subtle mechanical upgrades that evolved through the series across all three games, bringing them into closer gameplay parity.

Demo confirmed

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...id=621409491095982081&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

Better graphics is nice but what I'm really looking forward to is the gameplay additions and improvements.

WinFonda

Looks good, but damn it looks so bland visually compared to U4, I know I know different generations and all but still, I remember I was so blown away by this and now...

But still looks nice and I'll be happy to replay this classic when price drops a bit.

Naw, I mean, you're right. U2 was revolutionary, but that was 6 years ago. Technology moves fast, and U4 really shows the difference 6 years makes.

jmaine_ph

I know this was a typo, but it made me laugh really hard haha

OT: Awesome that we get a demo, but it seems weird to release a demo for a SP only remaster like two months before release.
Lol, I didn't even catch it until you quoted it. I had a good laugh myself.

hawk2025

I know this was a typo, but it made me laugh really hard haha

OT: Awesome that we get a demo, but it seems weird to release a demo for a SP only remaster like two months before release.

Not weird if they want to point out how extensive the work is.

Remasters don't really shine until people play and see them for themselves with the framerate, textures, and gameplay improvements.

I think it's a great idea that shows confidence.

Biker19

Banned
It never fails for people to be disappointed by screenshots and high compression video.

I remember people were saying the same damn thing about The Last of Us Remastered until they actually saw the beauty of the game on their actual system and in motion.

Not only that, this is still months away from release. There is a lot more time to optimize and improve since these are just ports. Supposedly it was mere weeks before release that ND was able to get TLoU:R running at a stable 60fps.

Exactly. This is why people should avoid threads about previews.

My God, I can now predict exactly what I'm going to read in a remaster thread ... and Youtube suddenly becomes the perfect way in which to judge the quality of the graphics. It's really odd how 'some' people wait patiently for Gamersyde videos and 'others' love to judge immediately. Unbelievable.

Youtube videos should be banned from here when talking about graphical comparisons of games.

Hoje0308

Banned
My expectations for the environments are low but I'm hoping the character models get work. They're really dated.

But then if they don't rerender it cutscenes it'll be very jarring

I'd settle for a lack of screen tearing. That game was rotten with that shit.

SIMFA

I played unfinished code that was missing a few minor visual effects, but Bluepoint’s loving influence was readily apparent. The studio is upgrading character models, environment textures, lighting, and special effects across the board, bringing all three games as close to visual modernity as possible while ensuring they remain true to their original creative direction.

Yiss

I guess I hadn't thought of it that way. Plus it should give people that never played any of the games last gen a chance to do so in the best way possible.

Updated OP with the new links, thanks guys.

I'd appreciate if a mod could change the thread title. Should I PM somebody about this ?

Revven

Better graphics is nice but what I'm really looking forward to is the gameplay additions and improvements.

If that means what I think it does it means UC1 will be on-par with UC3 mechanics-wise and goddamn will it need those improvements!!

CJ-yyCEWUAAscin.png:large

VIA the gracious Sawyer from twittergaf- (remaster on right)

jett

D-Member
They're using cut-scene quality models, I can tell by the high quality Phurba dagger in that screen there.

These are also really screens rendered at 4K, so no the actual game won't look quite as good. :p

Lack of motion blur is worrisome indeed, reminds me of Uncharted 3's launch version. I hope BluePoint adds it.

hawk2025

They're using cut-scene quality models, I can tell by the high quality Phurba dagger in that screen there.

These are also really screens rendered at 4K, so no the actual game won't look quite as good. :p

Lack of motion blur is worrisome indeed, reminds me of Uncharted 3's launch version. I hope BluePoint adds it.

The blog post mentions that the version shown is still missing a few visual effects, so there's hope.

Drencrom

If that means what I think it does it means UC1 will be on-par with UC3 mechanics-wise and goddamn will it need those improvements!!

Better aiming and the grenade throwback mechanic will be a godsend when I play through Uncharted 1 on Crushing yet again lol

Top Bottom