• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted Trophies Detailed - Europe and North America Patch Up

VegaShinra

IGN

IGN: How many Trophies will be available to nab in Uncharted?

Arne Meyer: You'll be able to get up to 48 Trophies in Uncharted. There are 47 Trophies related to what you do in the game -- finding treasures, hand-to-hand or gun combat and the like -- and the last one is the Platinum Trophy for getting all the other Trophies.

IGN: What are some of the more notable or difficult Trophies that you've added?

Arne Meyer: Well, some of our more notable and tougher Trophies are hidden, so it wouldn't be any fun if we revealed those, right? That being said, I think the Trophies for getting 100 headshots or defeating 50 enemies in a row without dying can present a challenge to most players. Of course, there's also the Trophy for the Strange Relic, which some Naughty Dog fans might find familiar...

IGN: Is there a direct link to the treasures and unlockables that are already in the game with the new Trophies?

Arne Meyer: Yep. The Trophies are tied to the medal rewards which already exist in Uncharted. The requirement to get each Trophy is exactly the same as the one for the associated medal.

IGN: Will veterans be able to go in and nab all the Trophies in a single play-through?

Arne Meyer: No, that won't be possible. It is possible to get nearly all of the Trophies on a single playthrough, but I think you'd have to be very good and extremely thorough to do that. We'd like to believe that some of the more difficult Trophies are enough of a challenge that even the most skilled gamer will have to play through Uncharted a couple of times.

IGN: Will any of them be able to be awarded retroactively?

Arne Meyer: That would have been nice, but it wasn't something we would be able to do. We originally left our save games unlocked and portable so gamers could move them off the hard drive and their existing game elsewhere or show off some of the unlocked content at a friend's house. This type of portability would have allowed gamers to get Trophies unfairly and we couldn't let that happen. To receive Trophies in Uncharted you will have to start a brand new save game without any medals or rewards unlocked.

IGN: Will the update contain anything in addition to Trophies? We happen to be fans of the different rendering modes that you can unlock...

Arne Meyer: Aww, we like the rendering modes too. However, the patch only adds Trophy support to Uncharted. We didn't add anything new. Sorry!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Date HAS been announced.

Cartman86

Banned
I loved how at first it's like "Ooooo the trophies are secret". Then they ask if they are the same as the Medals already in the game, and of course they are.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I hope "Beat Crushing" isn't a trophy :(

Only the Kitton does that a second time!

angelfly

I'm kind of pissed none of these games are getting retroactive trophies besides burnout. Regardless I guess I'll be getting all the medals all over again.

Struct09

It's a good thing they're making you replay the game, otherwise everyone could just import a save and get the trophies. I'll probably replay the game, I've only played through once so far.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Just in case u didnt notice, there is a small video of a trophy being unlocked in uncharted on that IGN page.

So, remind me where all those relics are located again...

Struct09 said:
It's a good thing they're making you replay the game, otherwise everyone could just import a save and get the trophies. I'll probably replay the game, I've only played through once so far.

That's what I was planning to do, but they foiled me. I'd actually downloaded the save ages before trophies showed up. As much as I enjoyed the game, I struggled to get through even on normal, but I wanted to see all the concept arts and making of vids, and mess around with infinite ammo and weapon select, plus I'd be damned if I was going to fuss around with the crappy ones like 'soften up a guy with gunfire and finish him with a single punch 5 times in a row'. I tried doing that one numerous times and could never seem to activate it. And that's when there weren't cockups like the guy only taking 2 bullets to snuff it rather than three and ruining the chain, or not dying after one punch, or Nate drop kicking him rather than punching him.

Also given how few oppurtunities there were for stealth kills, asking the player to get 20 was a bit much.

h3ro

TTP said:
Just in case u didnt notice, there is a small video of a trophy unlocked in uncharted on thet IGN page.

So, remind me where all those relics are located again...

Oooh.. I like that Trophy Unlocked chime!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Maggot9 said:
i've got 100% in Uncharted, but I REALLY don't want to collect all of the hidden artifacts again

Well, if u know where they are it is not that hard. It's not like you have to do some crazy shit to get them.

BTW, from the sound of it looks like the patch is ready. I wonder when they will be releasing it.

anddo0

Well it looks like it may be time for my fourth/fifth play-through. Uncharted is one game I don't mind playing through multiple times.

VegaShinra

TTP said:
Well, if u know where they are it is not that hard. It's not like you have to do some crazy shit to get them.

BTW, from the sound of it looks like the patch is ready. I wonder when they will be releasing it.
Better be soon. I want to level up my Trophy status. Uncharted should bring me from a high level 2 to at least a high level 4 I'm hoping.

Kittonwy

Banned
UNCHARTED TROPHIEZ!!!111!!!
angry.gif

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
It's a good thing I rented the game and only played a few levels in. I shall buy when the trophies come. :D

angelfly said:
I'm kind of pissed none of these games are getting retroactive trophies besides burnout. Regardless I guess I'll be getting all the medals all over again.

And Warhawk.

And it's better than having saves you can't copy.

Yoshichan

VegaShinra said:
Better be soon. I want to level up my Trophy status. Uncharted should bring me from a high level 2 to at least a high level 4 I'm hoping.
High level 2, how?

Grayman

Looks like I'll have to delete my saves. oh well. I just wish I could start on crushing instead of playing on hard then crushing.

Die Squirrel Die said:
That's what I was planning to do, but they foiled me. I'd actually downloaded the save ages before trophies showed up. As much as I enjoyed the game, I struggled to get through even on normal, but I wanted to see all the concept arts and making of vids, and mess around with infinite ammo and weapon select, plus I'd be damned if I was going to fuss around with the crappy ones like 'soften up a guy with gunfire and finish him with a single punch 5 times in a row'. I tried doing that one numerous times and could never seem to activate it. And that's when there weren't cockups like the guy only taking 2 bullets to snuff it rather than three and ruining the chain, or not dying after one punch, or Nate drop kicking him rather than punching him.

Also given how few oppurtunities there were for stealth kills, asking the player to get 20 was a bit much.
Square R1 Square "gunslinger combo" works 100% of the time.

Maggot9

Banned
TTP said:

You think I remember where 61 tiny items are scattered throughout the whole game? A game that I finished a month after release?

mozfan12

Banned
nyong said:
I have the game sitting on my shelf unopened. I can't wait until this is released.
play it once without the trophies and then you can spend your time chasing trophies, since the game is only about 7 hours

Yoshichan

VegaShinra said:
100% in Super Stardust. I say high, but it's just a bit over the half way marking. :D
Wow.

zoku88

VegaShinra said:
100% in Super Stardust. I say high, but it's just a bit over the half way marking. :D
Darn, that means you have real life friends. The coop is the only one that evades me >: (

jmd494

So she said some of the trophies were "hidden" and she didn't want to reveal them.

Is that common on 360 with achievments?

Does the list of trophies usually show up on the internet?

Messing around in the game until you stumble upon trophies does NOT sound fun.

Grayman

Captain N said:
I sure hope they don't make it so you have to beat it on Normal and again on Hard. That'd be pretty lame.
Well when I beat hard I got the medals for normal and easy at the same time

VegaShinra

Justin Dailey said:
So she said some of the trophies were "hidden" and she didn't want to reveal them.

When the 360 has those, it's usually a boss fight or something. They hide the achievement so you don't get the game spoiled for you.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Good for you guys seeking to get them trophies. Me I will not play the game again already passed it too many times.

angelfly

Captain N said:
I sure hope they don't make it so you have to beat it on Normal and again on Hard. That'd be pretty lame.

They said it's tied to the medal system so it should give you the trophies for the lower difficulties as well.

Grayman

Justin Dailey said:

I think what was meant was that if you were new to the game they don't show all of the medals. There isn't anything too tricky in there. The ones I saw hidden were usually a continuation of the non hidden medal before it.

ie.
Punch 5 guys 10points
[hidden]Punch 5 guys in a row 25points

soco

Justin Dailey said:

it's pretty common with 360 achievements. they often contain spoilers or are for little things that you have a good chance of stumbling upon. they do appear in lists on the internet, which i'm sure this will as well, but some people like just stumbling upon these types of things.

Top Bottom