• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncovered FFXV Event page source hints at PC (maybe boilerplate code) [Up: Removed]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Maybe plans have changed? Seems the norm for everything FFXV related. Even core systems change every few months!

I wouldn't be shocked if they started the port and realized that they could finish it in time given this is an engine that's already running on PC. I'm just not holding my breath for the scenario.

If they are adding it though, it'd make sense to put in the March event to get some additional buzz magnification through a new audience.

This game at 4K@60fps will be glorious.

well, we don't know how well the luminous engine is going to work across the PC hardware spectrum so for all we know it could perform as terrible as FFXIII does on PC.

That's the good thing about SE moving to UE4, any game on that engine should perform like a dream on modern PCs

I could see this being a late port though because everything FFXV related makes it appear as if that game is coming in hot on the consoles

If anybody is wondering the code is used to send a google analytics action to be tracked depending on what link the visitor clicks. The windows-10 class fires off nothing.

Not that anybody is wondering.

I wouldn't be shocked if they started the port and realized that they could finish it in time given this is an engine that's already running on PC. I'm just not holding my breath for the scenario.

Maybe Tabata mistakingly press the compile for windows button and was shocked to see it worked. Lol.

Guymelef

We all knew it but it won't happen anytime soon,maybe a year after the console version release.

But then why is on the event page? Announcing Steam version on the event with a "coming one year latter" doesn't make any sense.
If it's a late port they are not going to talk about it before console release,

But then why is on the event page? Announcing Steam version on the event with a "coming one year latter" doesn't make any sense.

I guess its coming later, but like 3 months later or so.

Pooya

I recall whenever they were asked about PC release, they were concerned about "security" and things like that, I'm guessing Denuvo actually working seemingly could change their mind and it's looking like a day 1 release, ala MGSV.

Maybe we get a Duscae release on PC soon like Ground Zeroes.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Tell that to Rockstar lol.

In any case, Tabata said recently as of a month ago that'd it would be after the console version if they did a PC one. I figured they would have announced something at Gamescom if they were aiming for a simultaneous release since their big marketing reboot was there.

Tell that to Rockstar lol.

In any case, Tabata said recently as of a month ago that'd it would be after the console version if they did a PC one. I figured they would have announced something at Gamescom if they were aiming for a simultaneous release since their big marketing reboot was there.

I thought Gamescom too but for a different reason. Because its European focused and Europe is PC land. But I also believe that the Uncovered event could be this moment, since its basically what I would call their big marketing reboot.

Square-Enix has been very good with PC support in recent time.
Makes only sense to bring in the big guns finally. I'm expecting a late port still, ~1year even maybe.

Great news nonetheless. I would love to play FFXV on PC.

Guymelef

They want to sell the console versions first. That's what they always do, right?

But they've just released Just Cause 3 and Tomb Raider with Denuvo.
We are in an era where a simultaneous release doesn't hurt sales. And it's not like they need time to port the game to PC, everything they show about the game is always under PC.

Begaria

I'll probably hold out for the PC version now, as long as it's announced before the console versions are launched.

I want to say I'd wait for this if it was within the first 6 months post release but I doubt I'd have the willpower to avoid any spoilers :p

Wagram

I'm going to be honest. If this comes on PC at launch i'm probably going to skip over my PS4 purchase and get it on that instead. This game screams best on PC (not that there would be any doubt).

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'm up for this day 1, goddamn I want to have some better draw distance than the console screenshots we've seen thorughout the last months.

duckroll

But they've just released Just Cause 3 and Tomb Raider with Denuvo.
We are in an era where a simultaneous release doesn't hurt sales. And it's not like they need time to port the game to PC, everything they show about the game is always under PC.

That's not quite how it works. They would absolutely need to devote time and effort to a PC release. Debug builds and actual consumer releases are not remotely close. You don't need to qc debug builds and they run on fixed environments of your choosing.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
It's pretty wild that every single mainline FF could wind up on Steam if that FFX leak was true and they actually do a FF12 remake.

They must be making good money on Steam.

Nibel

To the people saying this was copy-pasted from other websites: which websites do you mean?

Because I'm going through several SE-related websites and found nothing that is comparable to the Uncovered HTML code.
wtzgU.gif

brau

It's pretty wild that every single mainline FF could wind up on Steam if that FFX leak was true and they actually do a FF12 remake.

They must be making good money on Steam.

Its FF... it just sells. If it came out on the Ouya it would still sell well. Maybe even save the Ouya. lol. Its easy money for them to release all these older games on PC.

georly

I literally bought a PS4 for bloodborne and ffxv - super duper duper happy this is coming to pc. The more people who can play it, the better. Good move, if true, square.

Alej

Banned
Good for the PC crowd if true. I really think this is the true return of the franchise.
Looking forward to the PS4 release, though. This will be glorious.

Top Bottom