• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncovered FFXV Event page source hints at PC (maybe boilerplate code) [Up: Removed]

To the people saying this was copy-pasted from other websites: which websites do you mean?

Because I'm going through several SE-related websites and found nothing that is comparable to the Uncovered HTML code.
wtzgU.gif

The only possible one would be Rise of the Tomb Raider. Can you try to check ?

SparkTR

I'm still expecting it to come later, especially as the more credibly rumored FFX port hasn't been announced yet. You'd expect that first, after FFIX comes out.

FelipeMGM

But then why is on the event page? Announcing Steam version on the event with a "coming one year latter" doesn't make any sense.
If it's a late port they are not going to talk about it before console release,

Its Square, they dont usually make sense.

Parsnip

Good.

It was always obvious it was coming at some point, but hopefully it's a simultaneous release after all. Releasing on all platforms at the same time would seem like the most sensible action in terms of marketing.

Dear god, if this is true, please let it run better than FF13. Hopefully with a completely new engine and the x86 similarities we'll see a great PC port

MGS5 and FF15 were the reasons I picked up a PS4 in back in 2014...

...I ended up playing MGS5 on PC, so it would be kind of hilarious if I ended up playing FF15 on pc as well.

We live in such a strange era for multi platform gaming, I almost feel as if the current ubiquity of pc ports is simliiar to the relationship between PS3 / 360 last generation. It you had any mass market ambitions with your game you just had to have 360 versions, regardless of whether most of your sales were on PS.

However this time round it feels like PS4 / PC are the most prominent multi platform pairing. It's nearly a safer bet that if a game is multi plat that it will be PS4 / PC than PS4 / X1.

I still can't wrap my head around a game like Dragons Dogma coming out 4 years later on pc and selling 200k + in less than 2 weeks. FF15 hasn't been confirmed for PC obviously, but it would be crazy to think they wouldn't do it at this stage though.

Do you think the PC / Steam has become, or is becoming a de facto pillar of Japanese game releases? I ask, because it would seem inconceivable to me even 3 years ago that over half the Final Fantasy series would be on steam.

Zoator

This would be great, but I'm always concerned about PC releases of games that have a sizable amount of CG cutscenes, as they're usually heavily compressed and look kind of gross (see Starcraft II or Diablo III). By contrast, FFXIII on the PS3 had pristine CG cutscenes without any noticeable compression artifacts. If this is indeed happening, I hope that SE does it right, and at least provides an option for high quality CG cutscenes at the cost of a larger installation size.

Nyoro SF

I think it's kind of silly that the PC fanbase has to find out this info through leaks, hints, and pieces. Just announce a PC version straight up SE and quit this chasing of double dippers, it's seriously annoying how little info we get about the platform's version because fans have to peel back the layers themselves.

madjoki

But they've just released Just Cause 3 and Tomb Raider with Denuvo.
We are in an era where a simultaneous release doesn't hurt sales. And it's not like they need time to port the game to PC, everything they show about the game is always under PC.

I'd say simultaneous releases can hurt sales, since there's potential double dippers.

wmlk

I think it's kind of silly that the PC fanbase has to find out this info through leaks, hints, and pieces. Just announce a PC version straight up SE and quit this chasing of double dippers, it's seriously annoying how little info we get about the platform's version because fans have to peel back the layers themselves.
Or you know, they might have been planning to announce themselves 6 months before release? It's not Square's fault that they want to make a formal announcement in a huge event.

Regardless, don't think this is being announced yet.

RPGamer92

Banned
Cue all the people coming who say they have no reason to buy a console even though there's still a lot of console only games.

Banned
Awesome. Maybe they'll announce it at the same time as FFX HD PC?

I won't cancel my PS4 preorder until it's official.

Anything on NX?

Cue all the people coming who say they have no reason to buy a console even though there's still a lot of console only games.
Are you a spokesperson for console gaming or something? It's some people's opinion. It's not fact. Why does this personally hurt you?

Were people skeptical that this game would've come out on PC as well? for real?

Fanboys in general. I remember there was one thread about where Tabata said that PC is not their main concern and people were kinda happy it "wont come on PC".

In other threads you see people comparing Vita and PC sales and even though the publisher said they are totally overwhelmed with the PC-sales and will bring more games on PC, some people try to find bad things in it ala "But it sold better on Vita. No more games from then on PC then." and it feels like they are almost really happy, since PC "wouldnt take away one of their exclusives".

Banned
FFX HD to come as a pre-order bonus for FFXV hehehe.
You sexy man, I like you're thinking.

Although I preordered Zestiria on steam to get symphonia free and both those games were awful or poor performance wise.

But I liked what I played of X back on the PS2.

GHG

Gold Member
Yes please.

I'm there day 1 on PC if true and the port is good. It will look glorious on the PC.

Fbh

Not surprising but still good news for PC gamers.

Now I wonder if it will be released alongside the console version or if it will come out some time later.

Anywya... the console version is already looking nice (visually). So the Pc version with higher settings and framerate will look amazing

Dinjoralo

Keep in mind, Square Enix's recent PC ports have been dodgy at best, and busted at worst. I'm not getting my hopes up for this staying on-par with Lightning Returns.

Top Bottom