• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta announced - It's Uncharted but in Arabic

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
New trailer of Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battutta

----

So a new game is announced called Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta and it really looks like Uncharted. The game is being made by an Arabic studio and this will be the first Arabic game on PS3. The game will appear on more platforms and not only PS3.

The similarities with Uncharted are huge, characters, gameplay and even the name.

Source, teaser and gameplay video of the game

Edit: Multiplayer video of the game

0624iyw1308934957377.jpg

0624yni1308934957373.jpg

0624orv1308934957378.jpg

0624mvu1308934957386.jpg

Wow, the rip-off rating of this is through the roof. Not only is the name a rip off of Uncharted, but everything else too, only it looks worse.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Despite the obvious, err, 'inspiration', a part of me really wants to buy stuff like this to support game development in growing regions.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Also it has a lady in a hajib and thats hot, and we need more ladies in hajibs in videogames.

mollipen

EatChildren said:
Despite the obvious, err, 'inspiration', a part of me really wants to buy stuff like this to support game development in growing regions.

It's tough, because on the one hand I totally agree with you, on the other if you do support the game, then you support their belief that they can just be lazy and copy other properties.

I'd love to believe if something like this gets them noticed and some sales, they would then use that to launch into doing their own original projects.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Provided that it actually gets released, which I'm not conceding it will, I'd be happy to try it. I love the idea of game development from atypical countries. :)

Larsen B

EatChildren said:

I agree.

When gaming was in its infancy in the West, new games were mainly reskins of existing titles.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
"Only risk-takers get to see such beauty."

*footslides over to clay pot*

*points gun in direction only vaguely approximating aiming reticle*

mavs

Worst pistol sound ever? Worse than the Conduit 2 anyway.

I can't say I'd mind if everyone in the world started ripping off Uncharted.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
RustyNails said:
Why is the dude wearing knee pads? That's just retarded. He looks like some motocross guy.

Better question is why isn't Drake wearing any protective gear? He's constantly getting blown up and smashed into train car walls.

Amagon

If it plays well, then count me in. Still can't get over that its a Uncharted ripoff. I wonder what Naughty Dog has to say bout this?

THE NO LIFE KING said:
If it plays well, then count me in. Still can't get over that its a Uncharted ripoff. I wonder what Naughty Dog has to say bout this?

I called them for a quote but all I heard on the other end was laughter.

Top Bottom