• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unholy Night: New fighting game by ex-SNK... for Super Nintendo???

post.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/groups/90sGames/permalink/712202415613112/

Unholy Night is a new FG from "ex-SNK staff who worked on Kizuna Encounter and KOF98, 2001 and 2002" on display at yesterday's Hong Kong Retro Game Expo '16.

The really WTF thing about this news is that Unholy Night is for Super Nintendo, and will be available in february 2017 on a 32MB cartridge.

More info (in Chinese, is someone can help...) here.

djlr181

New Super Nintendo game!

Super Nintendo World

Super Mario Run!!!!

This is pretty cool. I know we've had stuff like Beggae Prince in the past, but is this one of the first times a Japanese developer is making a new retro game for a console?

mollipen

Don't care at all for the SNES, but might still have to get this, just for coolness sake. Will be even better if it's actually good.

BadWolf

If they want to make any kind of money this announcement is just a unique way to introduce the game and it will be ported to something current/relevant as well.

EDarkness

Damn, that's straight up badass. Gotta give those guys some props.

If they want to make any kind of money this announcement is just a unique way to introduce the game and it will be ported to something current/relevant as well.

People wouldn't buy a SNES game? I would if it was a new game to play. Still got my SNES hooked up to the TV. :D

meppi

Wait, it's actually getting a cartridge release? Holy shit! :D

And I love the use of old ass Capcom fightsticks in the picture. lol

Bigtime Sega fanboy, and even I dig the SNES.

Will def get this if I can, I love stuff like this. Reminds me of the Watermelon guys and Pier Solar.

mollipen

How's that?

I'm a Genesis fangirl ride or die, and think the SNES is hugely overrated.

But I was just saying this isn't cool to me because of the platform, but the idea. It's not like the recent new Famicom stuff where I wanted them in part because they're for a platform I still adore. Here, their console choice means I would probably own but very rarely play it, yet I still want to support crazy fighting game projects like these coming out.

Mollie, I don't even know you anymore...
:p

If you don't know my dislike/apathy for the SNES then YOU DONT'T REALLY KNOW ME DAD!

Samuray

New fighting game, in 2D??? Hmm, I'm very interes....

What's that....ex-SNK????!! Will buy!!!!

ON THE FRIGGIN' SUPER NINTENDO?!?? HELL YEAH!!!!

Seriously, I hope I'll be able to pre-order this somehow somewhere soon. Especially if it comes in a real cardboard box, Super Famicom-style! (or SNES if they'll do US/EU versions)

Deft Beck

Cool, but please also put it on digital download platforms so that people won't have to pay collectors to play this game.

Top Bottom