• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unintentional Sexual Tension in Fiction

c3e.jpg

Mario and Luigi kissing is super gross

Because they are siblings, not because of homophobia

TraBuch

Banned
I always thought there was some weird sexual tension between the actors who played father and daughter in the first season of Suburgatory, but that seemed to go away as the show went on.

Maybe it was just me imagining thinga.

Do Better

It's not unintentional, but damn is it uncomfortable in Animal Kingdom with multiple people.

For unintentional, I will go with John Diggle and the new Black Canary.

Sheroking

Also, pretty sure they decided to make the awkward chemistry of Michael C Hall and Jennifer Carpenter into a plot point on Dexter.

Harry and Hermione, particularly in Goblet of Fire and especially in Deathly Hallows, both in the books and respective film adaptations.

Blizzard

Banned
Harry and Hermione, particularly in Goblet of Fire and especially in Deathly Hallows, both in the books and respective film adaptations.
They had so much more chemistry in the dance scene than Hermione and Ron.

If I recall correctly, even J. K. Rowling admitted years later that Hermione/Harry would have probably made more sense, and Hermione/Ron would likely need marital counseling.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, I say this without trying to be edgy or whatever, but I cannot watch the Sam Frodo scenes without cringing, laughing, or turning away from the screen.

They're SO over the top it gets ridiculous. Like fuck and get it over with fellahs.

If their relationship was all about just wanting to bone the entire trilogy loses a lot of power.

To me they're the ultimate bros. They might be in love but there's nothing to suggest it's a physical love. They're basically brothers in arms with curly hair furry feet.

And this is coming from a gay dude.

andycapps

If their relationship was all about just wanting to bone the entire trilogy loses a lot of power.

To me they're the ultimate bros. They might be in love but there's nothing to suggest it's a physical love. They're basically brothers in arms with curly hair furry feet.

And this is coming from a gay dude.

You're right. I mean if you read the books they're clearly best friends. Sam ends up married and having kids, and Frodo goes off into the sunset. That's how it was originally written anyway, but I remember a lot of snickering in the theater.

I don't think people these days can understand the concept of doing something for another person that you really care about without wanting to bone them. Then again, some of the moments were pretty cringey. "Oh Sam!"

olaznoG

tKzc.jpg

Suburgatory.

I always thought there was some weird sexual tension between the actors who played father and daughter in the first season of Suburgatory, but that seemed to go away as the show went on.

Maybe it was just me imagining thinga.

Not only you.

PixelatedBookake

How the fffuck is there sexual tension between Jon and Sansa? This is idiotic.

I think people think this because Jon is our "main character" POV in the story and so we sort of identify with him and they think Sophie Turner is hot so they see their interactions in that kind of light due to how they see Sansa. That's just my theory tho.

Top Bottom