• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

United Airlines Kicks Passenger Off Plane Because of Marvel Black Panther Hat

Status
Not open for further replies.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Americans are very sensitive to T-Shirts. I've found out first handed when I got denied entry to Disney World. And I'm white.

Everyone in the USA should wear nothing but plain grey shirts, in case you might offend someone with your color of choice. No prints, of course, that shit is offensive as fuck to someone.

Today, on NeoGAF, someone explained to me that when I have to take a flight, I need to make sure my tshirt won't hurt the Good American feelings.

Holy shit, there is really a defence force for anything here.

i'm not sure whether expressing anti-American sentiments on an American airline is the best approach towards securing an enjoyable flight

I mean, this is common sense right?

I love that flying is such a shitshow that they're getting their wires crossed in their statements :
The statement sent by United appears to be addressing another situation from two weeks ago. Note: Our request for comment included a link to today’s story about Amanda Stevens. It appears that United inadvertently sent us a statement about a different event, which occurred two weeks ago.

For the "there's more to it" crowd, regardless of the rest, this isn't right : "Reached by phone, Stevens told io9 that a United representative first raised concerns when she was preparing to board flight 5183 from Albany to Chicago. Stevens told me that she’s flown in this outfit before but turned the shirt inside out. She was then told that the hat was a concern as well. "

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
i'm not sure whether expressing anti-American sentiments on an American airline is the best approach towards securing an enjoyable flight

I mean, this is common sense right?
That isn't good anywhere.
simpson-out-usa-2.jpg

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I remember once I was eating dinner in europe. The server started having a conversation with me, asking about america and such. Well tried to, his english was pretty bad. Then he asked me if I liked Black Panther. I was all like "yeah man, it's one of my favorite."

Dude gave me a weird look. After some translation from my friend, I found out later he was talking about the BPP and referred to them as a gang. Dude probably thought I was in the party all because of a misunderstanding.

awkward.

what was on your shirt?

Probably something from this list:

Inappropriate Attire
Attire that is not appropriate for the parks—and which may result in refusal of admittance—includes but is not limited to:

Costumes may not be worn by Guests 14 years of age or older
Masks may not be worn by Guests 14 years of age or older (unless they are for medical purposes)
Clothing with objectionable material, including obscene language or graphics
Excessively torn clothing
Clothing which, by nature, exposes excessive portions of the skin that may be viewed as inappropriate for a family environment
Clothing with multiple layers are subject to search upon entry
Objectionable tattoos

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/dress/

I can, but I said person. She's a person, ain't she?

Yeah she is, but you originally had 'she' in quotes which was a poor choice on your part. Then when people called you out on it, instead of just removing the quotes you changed the word entirely from 'she' to 'person', this was an even poorer choice on your part. Despite the fact that you used the word 'she' in another post, it comes across as a not-so-subtle jab where you are not accepting of her gender.

Edit: oh, didn't realize they got banned.

Haven't read any updates. But based on the OP this is pretty fucking silly.
I mean, it's a t shirt. I'm struggling to understand how his t shirt of all things is making the pilot uncomfortable.

Kicked off a flight because of a hat and a shirt. Utterly ridiculous.

I remember once I was eating dinner in europe. The server started having a conversation with me, asking about america and such. Well tried to, his english was pretty bad. Then he asked me if I liked Black Panther. I was all like "yeah man, it's one of my favorite."

Dude gave me a weird look. After some translation from my friend, I found out later he was talking about the BPP and referred to them as a gang. Dude probably thought I was in the party all because of a misunderstanding.

awkward.

Why was he asking you randomly if you liked the BPP?

Person probably ignored attendant with a healthy dose of eye rolling. Then got indignant when called out. Then screamed victim. Then will get a free voucher for a future date to do it again so the cycle can start again.

And you know this how?

Love all these people justifying a person getting kicked out of a plane because of a Marvel comics hat. Stay classy. I mean she already have her shirt backwards because people are arses.

Speaking of staying classy...

Cursory glance at her Twitter revealed she prefers female pronouns. Least you can do is use them.
Ah, I see. My apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom