• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

United Front Games Twitter hinting at interesting news

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

From what I've seen it looks like MP. Two teams. Looks quite wild. Getting The Warriors vibes for some reasons.

It is pass from me then. They can count on my purchase when Sleeping Dogs 2 is announced. Until then they can experiment with MP as much as they want. I (and probably many more from GAF) am not interested :/

ekim

Hero shooter? I called it.

Not quite. Looks like more melee then guns (outside of probably some nail guns)

Seems like you've watched footage then.

Can you please sincerely tell them to go fuck themselves?

Another shitty MP that no one asked for and no one cares about. Same destination as the ridiculous f2p triads game.

Just seen screens.

+1.

What a waste of development team. So much potential wasted on games no one cares about.

If I were a publisher I'd approach them and contract them to make a new city-based action game. Call it Slumbering Wolves or whatever. Sleeping Dogs was so good in so many regards, and with a bit of work it could be a big hit.

Shari

If I were a publisher I'd approach them and contract them to make a new city-based action game. Call it Slumbering Wolves or whatever. Sleeping Dogs was so good in so many regards, and with a bit of work it could be a big hit.

To be honest I understand no one wants to risk a budget like that on a team like this. But if you know you're doing wet work to scrap for rent money dont tease it on your twitter account like you're back to your former glory.

You just going to irritate fans for no good reason. They already made this mistake with the triads online game and they just don't learn.

If you check the answers to the twit that granted this thread you will almost exclusively see references to SD2.

ekim

Ok. Spilling the beans. Game is about 2 teams. There seems to be like 20 chars that you can chose. (Didn't count) there are some announcers with anonymous masks. You smash stuff and grab money/valuable things. Looks like it's melee centric. Characters look half The Warriors, half other stuff. There are Katanas and Nailguns and Hammers and stuff. The name of the game is somewhere in this post.

edit: ok I did count - 18 chars (in the roster)

Akai__

Sleeping Dogs was so good in so many regards, and with a bit of work it could be a big hit.

+1.

What a waste of development team. So much potential wasted on games no one cares about.

Still don't understand the whole Triad Wars thing. People were really loving Sleeping Dogs and they make a terrible MP only game that nobody asked for. And now they are making an other MP game, supposedely a hero game? Don't see that failing at all. /s

I seriously wonder what the actual chances for Sleepings Dogs 2 are...

Chobel

Ok. Spilling the beans. Game is about 2 teams. There seems to be like 20 chars that you can chose. (Didn't count) there are some announcers with anonymous masks. You smash stuff and grab money/valuable things. Looks like it's melee centric. Characters look half The Warriors, half other stuff. There are Katanas and Nailguns and Hammers and stuff. The name of the game is somewhere in this post.

edit: ok I did count - 18 chars

Yeah, I'm definitely out.

Kuni

Man Sleepy Dogs was so good. Just bloody excellent. So impressive from a team that had no major open world experience. A great accomplishment. Shame this doesn't appear to be a sequel. Squennix would be very wise to green light it.

dex3108

I give them 6-8 months before game goes down. I know that i am soulless for predicting when will game fail but i am just realistic.

Shari

edit: ok I did count - 18 chars

Spilling the beans game confirmed.

Someone create the OT.

delSai

I'd love Sleeping Dogs 2 as much as everyone else but i have to say this doesn't sound too bad. I'll wait for gameplay before i say "I'm in/out".

ekim

Someone on Twitter got the name right. It's "Smash and Grab"

CqiLGjVXEAEO8yg.jpg:large

FelipeMGM

I know we dont need any other confirmation, but by the trademark they are self publishing this, their first one as far as I can tell

I hope they can land on their feet with this, failling with you first self published game could mean the worse :(

Cqia6HbWcAA-_JE.jpg:large

They missed their opportunity with Sleeping Dogs 2 a bit, I think. They should have got it out as a PS4 launch game or something -- the system needed a GTA clone day one, especially when Watch Dogs got delayed.

Some Nobody

If it's Neoxon then presumably this couldn't have been SD2 anyway. But wow, I think once it's revealed people are just gonna blow it off.

To begin with, isn't the "Hero" genre saturated already?

StereoVsn

It is pass from me then. They can count on my purchase when Sleeping Dogs 2 is announced. Until then they can experiment with MP as much as they want. I (and probably many more from GAF) am not interested :/
Same here. Good luck to them with the new game but meh.

vypek

I can't say that I am interested in this. I'll look into it just like I did with Triad Wars but I expect to not care in the end.

pizzacat

Banned

It's Katanas and Nailguns right?

You have no idea how badly I want Sleeping Dogs 2.

I just want to cruise around Hong Kong on a rainy night with Softly radio gently easing out of the speakers again.

SJRB

Gold Member
You have no idea how badly I want Sleeping Dogs 2.

I just want to cruise around Hong Kong on a rainy night with Softly radio gently easing out of the speakers again.

You'll take your team-based multiplayer arena shooter thing and like it, damnit!!

Well, our multiplayer only Sleeping Dogs spin-off failed, so clearly we need to just take the "Sleeping Dogs" part out of the equation!

Day never.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom