• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

United States Election: Nov. 8, 2016 |OT| Hate Trumps Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixieking

Banned
It's funny reading all these comments about how America is doomed. I remember reading the exact same type of comments from Republicans when Obama was elected President in 2008.

Obama equaled progress for many groups. Women. LGBTQ. People without healthcare. Environment.

This is, genuinely, the most awful situation the world could foresee.

I said it on Twitter, but not here - My heart genuinely goes out to the Americans who will be affected by this. Try and use this failure as a means of rebuilding the future, post Trump. I don't believe Trump is a lock for even being nominated in 2020.

Nah guys she lost because people are fucking sexist, straight up. Think about it, if she were a man would the things that people kept fucking using to make her look bad be as effective? I don't think so, because her opponent had his own shit that people and the media barely bat an eyelash with (alleged rape, fraud, lewd comments, etc). Fuck, even the shit that Clinton is rightfully shady about (Latin America policy, super predators) didn't get as much attention as Benghazi or emails. I'm truly going there, this is sexism in a conscience and unconscience form.

Trump campaign was based on hatred and fear. Nixon did the same thing.

This is surreal in the worst way possible. I've been uncontrollably laughing to myself in the past 10 minutes. My mind absolutely can not comprehend that Trump is president. What the actual fuck.

So this went exactly the opposite way I expected.

I guess I thought more white women would choose to vote for Hillary than Trump. That's the big shock for me of all of this.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I guess this means we'll be getting the Strugglerone soon.

Republicans control

- Senate
- House of Representatives
- Majority of Governors
- Supreme Court pick
- POTUS

This hasn't happened since 1928

Only Trump could do the impossible.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
You have no earthly idea what you are talking about. America already was great. Now it sure as fuck isn't.
Dollar and stocks literally losing value as I write this post and fucking idiots are saying that he will bring back the economy, they can go fuck themselves because by god I'm so done with their idiocy. At the very least it gives you a chance to see who never to take seriously again in the future.

Steel

Banned
As a Muslim, honestly fucking sucks to see such overwhelming support for someone like Trump.

Sigh...

You should try seeing this as an LGBT person. There is literally no chance in hell that people like me won't have rights taken away with a conservative supreme court.

Something inside of me just broke. I just can't, I literally can't.

I'm just gonna curl up in my blankets and be a burrito or something, because I'm no longer fit to be human

Tevious

Nah guys she lost because people are fucking sexist, straight up. Think about it, if she were a man would the things that people kept fucking using to make her look bad be as effective? I don't think so, because her opponent had his own shit that people and the media barely bat an eyelash with (alleged rape, fraud, lewd comments, etc). Fuck, even the shit that Clinton is rightfully shady about (Latin America policy, super predators) didn't get as much attention as Benghazi or emails. I'm truly going there, this is sexism in a conscience and unconscience form.

Just to note I'm wasn't even a Clinton supporter, but I feel she got way more slack than she deserved.

You may be right, although I think there are more factors than just this. If Obama won twice and Hilary has been projected to win all this time, this could have been a real fear for sexist voters.

Werd

Yow, Hillary took a couple hours to concede while votes were still being counted and people on GAF were killing her for it a few pages back.

Better than waiting until the morning when it's clearly over, but it's still unusual to leave a rally that's been waiting hours without showing your face. People want a public speech in the moment not the next day. It only took an hour to concede doesn't exactly prove Podesta's optimistic "better go home, going to take all night to count this one up!" outlook.

Not exactly a huge deal in the greater scheme though.

Downhome

President Elect Donald Trump looks sincerely touched and emotional right now. This is incredible. I still can't believe that it actually happened.

Now what will he say?

Alienfan

Second time attacking a person because they are happy their candidate won?

Go to bed. This person did nothing to you.

This ladies and gentlemen is the start of the Trump era. The era in which it will become socially acceptable to defend racists and bigots. The era where the "racists feelings" are viewed more important than the rights of a minority. 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom