• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unity will hold a session at GDC about developing games for PlayStation VR2

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

Building Next-Gen Games for PlayStation VR2 with Unity (Presented by Unity)​

Fabien Houlmann (Senior Graphics Developer, Unity Technologies)
Bria Williams (Senior Product Manager, Unity Technologies)
David Ruddell (Manager, Software Engineering, Unity Technologies)
Jono Forbes (XR Workflows & Content Tech Lead, Unity Technologies)
Date: Thursday, March 24
Time: 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm

Topic: Programming
Format: Sponsored Session
Viewing Experience: In-Person
Vault Recording: Video

PlayStation VR2 (PS VR2) promises improved graphics performance and cutting-edge hardware that allows you to create immersive virtual worlds for your players. This session explores how Unity’s VR tech stack can help you build better VR titles. Learn how to use the Unity Platform and graphics tools to build stunning PlayStation VR2 experiences and optimize your projects’ performance.

Takeaway​

Attendees will learn about Unity's support for PlayStation VR2 and how to use our VR tech stack to build VR games. This session will be specific to PS VR2, but it will also include information that is helpful to all VR creators.

Intended Audience​

This session is geared towards console and VR developers looking to develop for PlayStation VR2.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Can they do a sesssion at GDC showing developers how to avoid those weird stuttering issues when they make games on their engines? It just doesn't affect so many of them but all the ones I want to play are fucked up. Fuck sake.
Went here to say that, however unless they are taking another language, it's not going to happened. C# is inherently bad to any good A+ gaming experience. Not the mention Garbage Collector, C# itself needs additional runtime to run on. So it's simply not suited to something more advance. You have to learn C++ and use UE, which a lot of Javascript type people won't do. Granted the memory safety in C++, unless you know what you are doing, isn't all that great on the flip site, there isn't any memory safety feature (memory leak). Hoping for RUST lang addition in UE, because the amount of mistakes I made in C++ back in Warhorse, oh well we would be here a loong time. I don't want to see anything related to C++ anytime soon.

There isn't simple solution to that tho, because you probably need classes, so object oriented cross platform language, which well... I would be for Swift to be integrated there, however not sure if this inherently Apple language (even when you can code on it and run it on Windows) can't be implemented for one reason or the other.

Tl;dr C# = bad for gaming.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Went here to say that, however unless they are taking another language, it's not going to happened. C# is inherently bad to any good A+ gaming experience. Not the mention Garbage Collector, C# itself needs additional runtime to run on. So it's simply not suited to something more advance. You have to learn C++ and use UE, which a lot of Javascript type people won't do. Granted the memory safety in C++, unless you know what you are doing, isn't all that great on the flip site, there isn't any memory safety feature (memory leak). Hoping for RUST lang addition in UE, because the amount of mistakes I made in C++ back in Warhorse, oh well we would be here a loong time. I don't want to see anything related to C++ anytime soon.

There isn't simple solution to that tho, because you probably need classes, so object oriented cross platform language, which well... I would be for Swift to be integrated there, however not sure if this inherently Apple language (even when you can code on it and run it on Windows) can't be implemented for one reason or the other.

Tl;dr? More Tl;ts.. to long to stupid to understand :)

Dream-Knife

Banned

It will be interesting to see what inroads Rust will make in game dev.

ManaByte

Unity...VR...?

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

Top Bottom