• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Universal Studios Japan seems to be prepping a Super Nintendo World related event

kubus

Source (Twitter)

Several images have popped up on Twitter of what seems to be some kind of stage for what could possibly be an event related to the Super Nintendo World area that is expected to open in 2020 in Universal Studios Japan.

Apparently the stage has moving elements, like the Piranha Plant, and there seems to be some kind of firework or pyrotechnics installation in the back.

If you look closely at one of the pics, you can barely make out the word "Grand" in the center of the backdrop of the stage. Could possibly be part of "Grand Opening", so perhaps they will announce a new opening date. Or perhaps it's not "grand" :p. It's hard to see.
Edit: Found a better pic, it says "Groundbreaking Ceremony". Yep -- look like this is gonna be used for some sort of announcement!

DBn3_qgUwAA6N1c.jpg

More pics:

Send me to another castle if old

Dystify

Yep, I mistakenly tweeted this as the beginning of the construction of Super Nintendo World, but it does seem be more of a stage for an announcement or something similar.

L~A

I love how they tried to cover the "Nintendo" sign with some sort of plastic stuff :')

As if everything else wasn't a dead giveaway of what this is all about. Not to mention you can still read what's below.

Machina

Banned
I love how they tried to cover the "Nintendo" sign with some sort of plastic stuff :')

As if everything else wasn't a dead giveaway of what this is all about. Not to mention you can still read what's below.

Yep, totally subtle. As if nobody knows where those green pipes and that Pirahna plant come from lol

kubus

All it needs is UBISOFT NINTENDO CONFIDENTIAL - DO NOT SHARE plastered over it!

FelipeMGM

Yep, I mistakenly tweeted this as the beginning of the construction of Super Nintendo World, but it does seem be more of a stage for an announcement or something similar.

It could still be for that in a way, like a ceremony to celebrate the start of construction

L~A

Seriously, I assume this is for the press conference where they'll announce the attractions to be featured at the park and all.

WhatNXt

Man, they should make a big soft-play play area with this kind of aesthetic. Blocks and pipes fascias with trampolines and a viewing area to watch - where it would look like people are completing a 2D level.

it looks to me like it's covered to keep it from the weather while the adhesive dries it to the bricks.

psyfi

Banned
I've never been excited about a theme park before, but this could be so dope. I've been wanting to go to Japan in a few years, may as well make the trip a little more expensive. :)

I don't know why but it is giving me a strong Takeshi's Castle vibe.

PlGLqk.gif

Probably because that round was a blatant Mario rip-off.

Top Bottom