• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unknown PC problem Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here is my problem my pc has been working 100% fine with all games since i got my new video card which is a Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT. Worked with WoW perfectly and also halflife 2. Now randomly yesterday playing wow the screen turned grey and had that humming sound coming from the speakers. whole pc locked up. Now i just got Call of Duty 2 and it freezes up even more now. I was just trying to play Half Life 2 and it was working fine for about 15-20 minutes it did that thing. All drivers are up to date also. Does anyone know what this is?

Mupepe

Banned
I used to have this problem with my old PC, I never figured it out. I played Rise of Nations in 20 minute intervals :(

Mr Gump

Banned
elitehebrew said:
Ok here is my problem my pc has been working 100% fine with all games since i got my new video card which is a Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT. Worked with WoW perfectly and also halflife 2. Now randomly yesterday playing wow the screen turned grey and had that humming sound coming from the speakers. whole pc locked up. Now i just got Call of Duty 2 and it freezes up even more now. I was just trying to play Half Life 2 and it was working fine for about 15-20 minutes it did that thing. All drivers are up to date also. Does anyone know what this is?
Its either a ram issue - run memtest86 to see if your ram is faulty.

OR a power supply issue (which i think i may have).

Mr Gump

Banned
download the .iso file and then burn it to a cd. Then go into your bios at startup and change your cd drive to your 1st bootable device.

Then let it run for a while and see if it comes up with any errors.

Mashing

I had a friend of mine who had a 6800 having problems with the memory on the video card overheating (even though it wasn't overclocked). It didn't start happening until after a few months of ownership though. If you bought it recently (last couple months or so) you can probably get it replaced under manufacturer warranty if you do suspect the video card itself being the culprit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom