• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Hydrus

One tidbit from this article:

- Variety: TV Series Budgets Hit the Breaking Point as Costs Skyrocket in Peak TV EraThat's about on par with S7. I think S7 was pegged at about $100 million for 7 episodes.

I wonder how much of a difference that will really make when you factor in:

1- The actors are definitely going to get pay raises.
2- The price to use the same locations probably go waaaay up, as they take advantage of GoT/ HBO.

I wonder if the show quality will increase or simply be maintained.

Apt101

I have no problem with D&D handling the finale. They brought this thing to life, if they want to see it off I think that's cool. Besides, as others have mentioned, it's probably going to be most somber time skipping and exposition. It will be hard to fuck that up.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Who do you guys think Arya will kill if she actually does at all? I don’t even consider her a character anymore, rather a embodiment of the Chekhov's Gun trope. I don’t really see any characters she could take out anymore since the only two enemies are Cersei and Euron lol. I do think since the end of Season 5 her plot has been rather awful. One could argue that her killing the Frey’s was her fulfilling what her training could do. What are your guys thoughts?

Who do you guys think Arya will kill if she actually does at all? I don’t even consider her a character anymore, rather a embodiment of the Chekhov's Gun trope. I don’t really see any characters she could take out anymore since the only two enemies are Cersei and Euron lol. I do think since the end of Season 5 her plot has been rather awful. One could argue that her killing the Frey’s was her fulfilling what her training could do. What are your guys thoughts?

I've seen people throw around the idea that she'll use Littlefinger's face to get back into King's Landing and kill Cersei, possible after Jaime arrives at Winterfell and informs them that Cersei is planning to betray Jon/Dany but I'm not so sure on that.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I've seen people throw around the idea that she'll use Littlefinger's face to get back into King's Landing and kill Cersei, possible after Jaime arrives at Winterfell and informs them that Cersei is planning to betray Jon/Dany but I'm not so sure on that.
Yeah I don’t like that either. I posted my exact same post in the other thread and they reminded me that Melisandre said they would meet again. I’m guessing she will kill Mel now. Or maybe Varys for not risking her father.

Apt101

2016-05-26(145962)_alberto-casu-render-v01.jpg

TankUP

It was inevitable, but Roy Dotrice not being to finish the audiobooks is yet another misstep to lay at George's feet. (The main one being letting some crass TV producers finish his life's work for him).

Roy Dotrice IS the characters of the novels, for me. He's my Tirion, Petyr, Ned, etc. It's a huge loss.

Top Bottom