• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Unpopular Opinion: Brock Turner was innocent

PKM

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2017
Meet girl at frat party.
Shes 3 or 4 years older then you (your not even of legal drinking age), has a history of drinking till she blacks out.
Leave party with her.
Make out behind dumpster, finger bang her.
2 Mormon Swedes roll up and accuse you of raping an unconscious woman.
They say you tried to run, you say you went to puke.
Paramedics say her level of unconscious was not responding to yelling but responded to touch and pinch test and had no problem puking/spitting.

All happened around 1am.
Phone records show she was texting her boyfriend up till it all happened.

Brock's power and money is why he got 6 months for finger banging a drunk girl behind a dumpster and not years like they wanted.
Now that accusers name is known comparing Brocks family home prices at 300k seems small to accusers family having a 4 million dollar mansion.
Which family had the 'financial power'?

Accuser could..
1. Tell the cops/act raped
2. Be the girl who cheated on her boyfriend, sloppy drunk as usual...behind a dumpster.

Now have a HUGE book deal and be a 'survivor'

Nobody_Important

Gold Member
May 22, 2018
What the fuck? The piece of shit was caught in the act and was found guilty by a court of law. How the hell are you gonna try and say he is innocent when literally everything says he is guilty?

This might be the scummiest thread i have seen in the Politics section so far. Trying to make excuses and conspiracy theories surrounding a convicted rapist in order to let him off the hook while simultaneously trying to blame the victim he was convicted of raping? That is fucking gross on a wide variety of levels.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

Gold Member
May 22, 2018
What really blows my fucking mind here is that PKM PKM seems to be under the delusion that someone who by his own description is so intoxicated that they are barely conscious and cannot even form a sentence and is able to somehow consent to sex. Not only that but they are also somehow coherent enough despite the copious amount of alcohol to fabricate a story to authorities in order to save themselves from the imagined embarrassment that he conjured up in this absurd hypothetical of his. And not only did the victim who is also a situational genius despite being incredibly intoxicated somehow fabricate the story on the spot despite being barely conscious, but she somehow lucked out and magically had 2 complete strangers willing to lie for her in a court of law to back up her story and say they saw the rape take place.

What the hell? How the fuck do you arrive at that conclusion? Did you not think this through? Because even by your own description this makes no fucking sense.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

Gold Member
May 22, 2018
Great thread man, I love seeing NI triggered like this. So many Good Boy Points to collect.
Pretending to applaud a thread defending a convicted rapist and that tries to shift the blame to their rape victim just to try and troll me is fucking pathetic even for you Matt.

Despite all of our disagreements and animosity I assumed that even you were better than that.

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
Wow Matt, you really have issues with NI :messenger_hushed:
If there ever was a time to not jump in to a thread to shitpost as a reaction to someone's "virtue signalling" this was it.

Apparently Trump Derangement Syndrome is contagious and it has jumped from NI to Matt but mutated into a NI Derangement Syndrome.
I understand calling him out in all the other threads where he is talking nonsense, but in this one he is clearly way more correct than the OP.
I mean, really Matt, bruh...

Lamel

Nov 2, 2009
Great thread man, I love seeing NI triggered like this. So many Good Boy Points to collect.
Lol bro I know you have a throbbing hate boner for NI but damn if this isn’t one of the most inappropriate times to express it.

Wow Matt, you really have issues with NI :messenger_hushed:
If there ever was a time to not jump in to a thread to shitpost as a reaction to someone's "virtue signalling" this was it.

Apparently Trump Derangement Syndrome is contagious and it has jumped from NI to Matt but mutated into a NI Derangement Syndrome.
I understand calling him out in all the other threads where he is talking nonsense, but in this one he is clearly way more correct than the OP.
I mean, really Matt, bruh...
Lmao I was thinking the exact same thing.

When keeping it edgy goes wrong.

epic trolls lads, high fives all round yeah?
Gottem.

Image result for deez nuts

Last edited:

Super Mario

Nov 12, 2016
The lynch mob sure did a number on Turner. So much so that most of the country left him as a household name of evil, without being able to form their own opinion. The media was licking their chops at accusing a well-to-do white boy of rape and privilege. For those who were born yesterday, know that this was never going to get a fair judgement by the media.

PKM

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2017
The lynch mob sure did a number on Turner. So much so that most of the country left him as a household name of evil, without being able to form their own opinion. The media was licking their chops at accusing a well-to-do white boy of rape and privilege. For those who were born yesterday, know that this was never going to get a fair judgement by the media.

This. Watch the vid. AiU has done mutiple videos in the subject and shows how he was railroaded.
Sorry, I just dont see this as a 'rape'

What sealed the deal was her 12 page victim testimony or whatever it was. Shes an amazing writer and wrote a fucking awesome short story as if she was the victim of a rage fuel gang rape... when all it was is two shitfaced college kids finger banging by a dumpster.

How many of us know his side, have read the his statements? But you all know hers right?

Let me guess, you see his mug shot and know his family is wealthy (not as much as her family)
And guess what?
You have a bias.
White, family has some money, college boy etc..
It's the same thing the Convington kid faced. All white males are racist...and rapist?

This just solidifies, never interact with a woman who has been drinking. In doing so the rule of law goes out the window and you can and will be guilty until proven innocent.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Tesseract

PKM

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2017
What really blows my fucking mind here is that PKM PKM seems to be under the delusion that someone who by his own description is so intoxicated that they are barely conscious and cannot even form a sentence and is able to somehow consent to sex. Not only that but they are also somehow coherent enough despite the copious amount of alcohol to fabricate a story to authorities in order to save themselves from the imagined embarrassment that he conjured up in this absurd hypothetical of his. And not only did the victim who is also a situational genius despite being incredibly intoxicated somehow fabricate the story on the spot despite being barely conscious, but she somehow lucked out and magically had 2 complete strangers willing to lie for her in a court of law to back up her story and say they saw the rape take place.

What the hell? How the fuck do you arrive at that conclusion? Did you not think this through? Because even by your own description this makes no fucking sense.
All she did was keep her eyes closed and not talk. If you've ever been with an unconscious drunk you know the vomit just pours out. They dont move their self to vomit away, they dont do a mouth clearing spit. They also dont react to pinch, smacks. She played dead cause the situation escalated.
She didnt fabricate any story in the spot. She did a 'I dont remember' hours later.
Yet was texting her boyfriend racey sex text minutes before getting finger banged, literally 15 minutes before.
She had a few drinks, her sex drive was up, she already had a doe eyed 19 year old...so she took him up on some fun behind a dumpster.

Do you think Brock just threw a drunk chick over his shoulder, carried her to a dumpster and molested her?
They both went willingly looking for a place to fuck around.

Why not ask, maybe she raped his hand? He wasnt of legal drinking age, she was. She was almost 4 year older and had a history of hard drinking.

We both agree,. 0001% of the time false rape accusations occur right? Why not this one?

Cause he was convicted?
Central Park 5 were convicted also, so they are freed rapist then right?

Last edited:

SpartanN92

Sep 7, 2012
I don't know enough about this case to comment on his guilt/Innocence, I will research this some more later to gain a more educated opinion on the matter.
That said I would like to take note of how good it is that we can at least have these conversations (no matter what you think of the OP.) This is obviously a very dark subject matter but I respect that we have a website that allows dissent of popular opinion in legal proceedings without an instaban.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
All she did was keep her eyes closed and not talk. If you've ever been with an unconscious drunk you know the vomit just pours out. They dont move their self to vomit away, they dont do a mouth clearing spit. They also dont react to pinch, smacks. She played dead cause the situation escalated.
She didnt fabricate any story in the spot. She did a 'I dont remember' hours later.
Yet was texting her boyfriend racey sex text minutes before getting finger banged, literally 15 minutes before.
She had a few drinks, her sex drive was up, she already had a doe eyed 19 year old...so she took him up on some fun behind a dumpster.

Do you think Brock just threw a drunk chick over his shoulder, carried her to a dumpster and molested her?
They both went willingly looking for a place to fuck around.

Why not ask, maybe she raped his hand? He wasnt of legal drinking age, she was. She was almost 4 year older and had a history of hard drinking.

We both agree,. 0001% of the time false rape accusations occur right? Why not this one?

Cause he was convicted?
Central Park 5 were convicted also, so they are freed rapist then right?
This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen on this board

Super Mario

Nov 12, 2016
This. Watch the vid. AiU has done mutiple videos in the subject and shows how he was railroaded.
Sorry, I just dont see this as a 'rape'

What sealed the deal was her 12 page victim testimony or whatever it was. Shes an amazing writer and wrote a fucking awesome short story as if she was the victim of a rage fuel gang rape... when all it was is two shitfaced college kids finger banging by a dumpster.

How many of us know his side, have read the his statements? But you all know hers right?

Let me guess, you see his mug shot and know his family is wealthy (not as much as her family)
And guess what?
You have a bias.
White, family has some money, college boy etc..
It's the same thing the Convington kid faced. All white males are racist...and rapist?

This just solidifies, never interact with a woman who has been drinking. In doing so the rule of law goes out the window and you can and will be guilty until proven innocent.
Here is all it takes to convict:

The next thing I remember I was in a gurney in a hallway. I had dried blood and bandages on the backs of my hands and elbow. I thought maybe I had fallen and was in an admin office on campus. I was very calm and wondering where my sister was. A deputy explained I had been assaulted. I still remained calm, assured he was speaking to the wrong person. I knew no one at this party. When I was finally allowed to use the restroom, I pulled down the hospital pants they had given me, went to pull down my underwear, and felt nothing. I still remember the feeling of my hands touching my skin and grabbing nothing. I looked down and there was nothing. The thin piece of fabric, the only thing between my vagina and anything else, was missing and everything inside me was silenced. I still don’t have words for that feeling. In order to keep breathing, I thought maybe the policemen used scissors to cut them off for evidence.

"You don’t know me, but you’ve been inside me, and that’s why we’re here today."
Then, I felt pine needles scratching the back of my neck and started pulling them out my hair. I thought maybe, the pine needles had fallen from a tree onto my head. My brain was talking my gut into not collapsing. Because my gut was saying, help me, help me.

I shuffled from room to room with a blanket wrapped around me, pine needles trailing behind me, I left a little pile in every room I sat in. I was asked to sign papers that said “Rape Victim” and I thought something has really happened. My clothes were confiscated and I stood naked while the nurses held a ruler to various abrasions on my body and photographed them. The three of us worked to comb the pine needles out of my hair, six hands to fill one paper bag. To calm me down, they said it’s just the flora and fauna, flora and fauna. I had multiple swabs inserted into my vagina and anus, needles for shots, pills, had a Nikon pointed right into my spread legs. I had long, pointed beaks inside me and had my vagina smeared with cold, blue paint to check for abrasions.

After a few hours of this, they let me shower. I stood there examining my body beneath the stream of water and decided, I don’t want my body anymore. I was terrified of it, I didn’t know what had been in it, if it had been contaminated, who had touched it. I wanted to take off my body like a jacket and leave it at the hospital with everything else.

On that morning, all that I was told was that I had been found behind a dumpster, potentially penetrated by a stranger, and that I should get retested for HIV because results don’t always show up immediately. But for now, I should go home and get back to my normal life. Imagine stepping back into the world with only that information. They gave me huge hugs and I walked out of the hospital into the parking lot wearing the new sweatshirt and sweatpants they provided me, as they had only allowed me to keep my necklace and shoes.
Emotions and feelings. Nevermind the mountain of evidence that pointed to brock not being a rapist.

Remember, when you drink alcohol, only the man is responsible for what happens. To ever say otherwise is victim blaming. How is a girl 4 years his elder supposed to know how to not blackout at a college party?

rorepmE

Jan 20, 2019
Republic of Val Verde
Here is all it takes to convict:

Emotions and feelings. Nevermind the mountain of evidence that pointed to brock not being a rapist.

Remember, when you drink alcohol, only the man is responsible for what happens. To ever say otherwise is victim blaming. How is a girl 4 years his elder supposed to know how to not blackout at a college party?
Who the fuck writes like that? Doesn't even sound like a normal person.

Mar 18, 2018
Whether he is innocent of rape or not he played the drinking game and got found in a compromising position figuratively and literally. No sympathy for the devil, buy the ticket take the ride.

It may not be fair but he didn’t have to be there. Only he put himself there.

Last edited:

Super Mario

Nov 12, 2016
Whether he is innocent of rape or not he played the drinking game and got found in a compromising position figuratively and literally. No sympathy for the devil, buy the ticket take the ride.

It may not be fair but he didn’t have to be there. Only he put himself there.
Replace he with she and the only thing different now is it's victim blaming.

Weiji

Jul 20, 2018
Meet girl at frat party.
Shes 3 or 4 years older then you (your not even of legal drinking age), has a history of drinking till she blacks out.
Leave party with her.
Make out behind dumpster, finger bang her.
2 Mormon Swedes roll up and accuse you of raping an unconscious woman.
They say you tried to run, you say you went to puke.
Paramedics say her level of unconscious was not responding to yelling but responded to touch and pinch test and had no problem puking/spitting.

All happened around 1am.
Phone records show she was texting her boyfriend up till it all happened.

Brock's power and money is why he got 6 months for finger banging a drunk girl behind a dumpster and not years like they wanted.
Now that accusers name is known comparing Brocks family home prices at 300k seems small to accusers family having a 4 million dollar mansion.
Which family had the 'financial power'?

Accuser could..
1. Tell the cops/act raped
2. Be the girl who cheated on her boyfriend, sloppy drunk as usual...behind a dumpster.

Now have a HUGE book deal and be a 'survivor'
Interesting... but...

1) Her age relative to him isn’t material in this instance since she blackout drunk. (And on a side note it annoys me in hindsight people were saying she was unconscious, it’s not the same thing)

2) Her drinking history is also not relevant here, since it has no bearing on these circumstances. You’re using it to setup an argument about her character, which is unreasonable and unnecessary.

3) Run vs go to puke is pretty subjective, but I think we have so side with the 3rd party account here since is obviously less biased then Brock’s account.

4) Texting “up till” the event needs more explanation. What was the substance of these texts, and when were they sent relative to the event? If she texted “hey honey, gonna run to the bar with some friends, I’ll be offline a couple hours” ten minutes prior to this event that would be her coving for herself. If it was innocuous shit it might just mean she wasn’t blacked out yet.

5) The relative wealth of their families isn’t relevant, and even if it was their house price isn’t indicative of net worth. In any case even if the media misrepresented it it doesn’t change what happened.

6) you’re points about her choice of story are 100% speculation. Unless you’ve got more then “she’s a chronically drunk, rich girl” I don’t see how you can apply such speculative arguments to her motivations. Prove that she had attempted to lie about rape in the past, then we can talk on this point.

As to the NI’s notion that media circus stories can’t or shouldn’t be put under the microscope. It’s both valuable and important to reflect on such cases, there is no such thing as an open and shut case.

I appreciate you attempting to bring another perspective here, but I think you’re very off the mark and frankly I sense a lot of confirmation bias in the argument you’re making.

Rudelord

Jun 11, 2013
My take from reading how it played out was everyone in this situation made terrible fucking decisions even if the blame falls on Turner.

Ke0

Aug 10, 2012
Reading, Berkshire
Alright, now people are defending rapists by arguing *checks notes* she shouldn't have gotten so drunk. Amazing. Apparently her being black out drunk I guess forced Brock to take advantage of her because somehow he isn't accountable for his own actions? I dunno, but it's a pretty terrible argument and damn if you were a lawyer I imagine you'd lose every case.

Weiji

Jul 20, 2018
Alright, now people are defending rapists by arguing *checks notes* she shouldn't have gotten so drunk. Amazing. Apparently her being black out drunk I guess forced Brock to take advantage of her because somehow he isn't accountable for his own actions? I dunno, but it's a pretty terrible argument and damn if you were a lawyer I imagine you'd lose every case.
I think there’s an argument to be made that when two people are very drunk it, but awake, it’s difficult to determine how drunk on a grey scale the participants are.

I literally had a super drunk girl at a party I went to go around a small room from guy to guy asking in they wanted a blow job. She was blackout drunk and didn’t remember it later.

Drunk people aren’t going to ask each other if it’s ok fuck, and that’s not a reasonable thing to ask them to do.

In the case of the girl in my story, it helped that it was a small room, we could all tell what was happening, and eventually one of her female friends took her back to her room.

But if I was alone and drunk and a girl came up and asked me that? Without realizing that she was asking literally everyone? I might not realize how far gone she was.

If Brock really did just think he was hooking up with a drunk girl, and if she really was willing at the time. Then that sucks. But the fact he ran away when those guys showed up says a lot. It says to me that he knew what he was doing was not consensual.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: llien and Miku Miku

JimmyJones

Mar 19, 2015
90% of rape cases today are drunken one night stands where the dude doesn’t call them afterwards.

TheGreatYosh

Jul 19, 2018
There wasn't even a rape. Calling him a rapist is inaccurate and slanderous.

Reactions: slavia71

Weiji

Jul 20, 2018
There wasn't even a rape. Calling him a rapist is inaccurate and slanderous.
The difference between rape and sexual assault from a legal standpoint depends on state and local laws.

Just because you differentiate between fingers and penis doesn’t mean the law does. What was he convicted of?

* Edit: Seems he was convicted of sexual assault specifically.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018
  1. sexual penetration (by a foreign object) of an unconscious woman
  2. sexual penetration (by a foreign object) of an intoxicated woman
  3. assault with intent to commit rape

This is what you are defending. Jesus Christ
You’re all progressive except when it comes to rape law. Males have prison pockets ya’ know!

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
You mean if they found some chick pushing her fingers inside some more or less passed out dude's ass, people would stand for her?
Yes, they would. Women tend to get preferential treatment in rape cases. Look at how female teachers are treated when they sleep with a minor male student, for example.

Last edited:

OptimusApex

Formerly 'AfricanKing' ... purposely obtuse
Jul 16, 2017
Yes, they would. Women tend to get preferential treatment in rape cases. Look at how female teachers are treated when they sleep with a minor male student, for example.
Look at this thread. I doubt half the posters would have been saying the shit they did if the roles where reversed.

OptimusApex

Formerly 'AfricanKing' ... purposely obtuse
Jul 16, 2017
You’re all progressive except when it comes to rape law. Males have prison pockets ya’ know!
The same applies to men. That law is not exclusive to women .. the verbatage is changed depending on the victim.

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Look at this thread. I doubt half the posters would have been saying the shit they did if the roles where reversed.

And she could molest me anytime she wanted, even if I was unable to give consent.