• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unreal Tournament 3 - PS3 exclusive

Orobi

But just time-exclusive.
More info @E3 07.
Source: an old retailer, but his name will remain secret (hi Richard).

Geoff Keighley basically confirmed this last week. According to him it is because Sony is allowing user created mods, and Microsoft thinks it could be used to undermine their Xbox Live service. He says PC and PS3 versions release at the same time, and the 360 is coming sometime later after they sort out some issues.

cicatriz

Ughhh?!!?!

Tim-Allen.jpg

Stitch

Gold Member
88Y3GWEVH1E.jpg

happy cat please save this thread

a Master Ninja said:
He says PC and PS3 versions release at the same time, and the 360 is coming sometime later after they sort out some issues.
Ah, ok that's fine. They shouldn't mess with their PC userbase. Oops, i forgot, UT games don't sell on PC boobooboo

eXxy said:
MOD support = sold.

Same here. This reminds me of when Harmonix said they were thinking of releasing tools so users can create content for Rock Band. If MS doesn't allow them to do it, but Sony does, then I know which version I am buying. :lol

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Jtyettis said:
Probably will not be buying this game now if this turns out to be true. Go, go, go Mark Rein.
Why's that?

This could work very well on PS3 if both mods and mouse/keyboard are allowed. The PC version is obviously THE version to play, but for those of us who will not have a PC capable of handling UE3 properly, it may be a nice alternative.

justjohn

Avalon said:
It seems like a really weird exclusive (even if it is just timed) for Sony to secure...
i dont think sony secured anything. probably a case of waiting for the 360 to get whatever it is thats stopping it from being released. i just cant see sony moneyhatting this.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
azrael p.o.s. said:
Err Midway?

I meant, this isn't capcom or one of the other guys who have talked about ps3 exclusives. This is epic, who seemed to be in bed with MS.

FrankT

BenjaminBirdie said:
You mean you're going to start a petition?

Don't be that guy.

Petitions, no thanks. If it ulitmatly means waiting till spring/mid 2008, no thanks as well. I kind of wanted this game, but not unless it's day and date. I'm certain by this time next year I'll have way too much in the gaming department to worry about this title.

cicatriz

QVT said:
I meant, this isn't capcom or one of the other guys who have talked about ps3 exclusives. This is epic, who seemed to be in bed with MS.

Epic=pissed about GoW and M$'s greedy mentality on micro-transactions amirite?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I just don't believe this story.

I can't believe Sony would pay for this and i'm sure I read somewhere else that the PS3 version was coming out after the 360.

This thread will not end well...

ascii42

Valkyr Junkie said:
Good thing the PS3 version supports mouse/keyboard. I can't imagine trying to play UT on a controller.
I have UT for PS2. It works fine, but it feels more like Timesplitters than UT.

Razoric

Banned
Does this have to do with the fact that MS isn't keen on allowing free downloads, user created maps or user created mods?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Razoric said:
Does this have to do with the fact that MS isn't keen on allowing free downloads, user created maps or user created mods?

I would imagine this as such.

Mau ®

Thats cool I guess. Funny how it went from PS3 exclusive to multiplataform to 360 timed exclusive to PS3 timed exclusive.

Just make it for cellphones! You know you want to!

Could be a good chance for Sony to show what its network is worth, if its true. And it might be the same deal as with Haze; given the lack of Halo on the system, it might make sense to capitalize on providing a substitute for PS3 owners without a 360 that wants a solid FPS kick. And then release it on 360 at a time when 360 owners are more welcoming of a new FPS.

Firewire

Banned
QVT said:

Some reports I've read on the net have said Epic isn't to happy with MS. But its the net so...

cicatriz

Ynos Yrros said:
I wonder how this one turns out. Can't wait to see it at E3, it's supposed to be THE showcase of UE3 on PS3.

Was it a French magazine who stated that visually, UT3 was more impressive than GoW?

QVT said:

Ahh. Well, personally, I could care less where my Unreal Tournament games show up console-wise as long as it doesn't effect the PC release, and I'm pretty sure quite a few others who grew on the series starting with Gold or Tournament feel the same way.

But hey, it's not bad seeing Epic throw Sony a bone here, although it seems to be moreso a result of Live-based issues than the companies' preferences.

Top Bottom