• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Untextured Iwatodai Dorm in Persona 5

warheat

Found this video on reddit thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUmn8oPFcUk

P3 remake confirmed? It's hard to tell, but do you guys think the polygon count is higher than PS2 version? I have a feeling someone might be trolling or this is just an assets from PS2 version.

Also, what's that japanese word means in the wall?

Remake Nocturne if old.

EDIT: Context: https://mobile.twitter.com/MysticDistance/status/907397786680877056

UPDATE: it's fake https://mobile.twitter.com/MysticDistance/status/907771069385334785

My first thought is they probably wanted to test engine development on PS3 by importing and messing with PS2 assets.

EDIT - Wait. This might just be a PC mod. Likewise probably imported from PS2.

Kuro

I'd only accept a remake if Female MC is back and they changed up the tart so its more interesting.

P3 desperately needs the P4G treatment. There's no real definitive version of the game. I prefer the animated cutscenes, but would like the option to play as FEMC and the newer, and by the time a P3 remake happens, updated mechanics of P3P.

Strings

It'd probably be a good idea to start off the new creative leads on a remake, but I'd prefer it to be 1 or 2 in that case.

Doubt this is real though.

Ulong

I am prepared to buy this game again, again. When and if they decide to do another remake I'm there. I'm a sucker.

The words read "damiifiirudo". Which I'm assuming means dummy field or placeholder textures.

Agreed that it's likely early models for p3d in the p5 engine. Remake would be lovely.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The Japanese reads dummy field. So, placeholders.

If Persona 3 comes out with controllable party members and isn't designed like P3P I'm in.

I can't play FES anymore since the battle systems on P3P, P4 and P5. I just can't. I don't like P3P for the rest of the gameplay since visual novel. Each version feels like half a game I want to play.

So if they fix that I'm in, full $60. Not quite "buy a console" for it, but I'm pretty sure it would be on one I already have.

jediyoshi

The video uploader is a game modder and has modded other Persona games on their channel.

What's the context of the video?

Zeroro

Like some other people in this thread, I'm going to assume this is for P3D so I don't get my hopes up too much and can be pleasantly surprised in the case that an HD remake of P3 actually ends up happening.

Dissent-

Neo Member
This makes me sad because I'm one of five people that still prefers the combat gameplay of P3 over the latter entries and I know that a modern take will never go back to that.

Zukkoyaki

An HD remake of P3 with models as good as the ones in the P3 Dancing trailer would probably effortlessly become my GOAT.

With that said, it could easily just be a leftover from the early days of testing the P5 engine.

Zeroro

This makes me sad because I'm one of five people that still prefers the combat gameplay of P3 over the latter entries and I know that a modern take will never go back to that.

If you're referring to the AI-controlled party members, Persona 5 still gives you that option.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I love Persona 3-5 but the first thing Atlus needs to do is to make remaster for Nocturne and after that is Catherine follow up then everything else.

warheat

If you're referring to the AI-controlled party members, Persona 5 still gives you that option.

I think he means he prefer the "One More" version in P3 rather than P4 and P5. "Press Turn" is still king though, I wish they will use "Press Turn" in upcoming title but not likely.

A "definitive" P3 would have been a no-brainer for any company but apparently Atlus doesn't work like that, their only games getting ports are the DS->3DS ones. They could have did it real quick way earlier(early 2010s) to build awareness for their other titles. Now that the current consoles on the market are much more powerful and such, it would need a much more expensive remake tbh. Like, sure you could play this older game with a couple of modern sensibilities like controlling the other characters and spending less time on the fusion menu and whatever other things P3P added(isn't that game way too easy with party control because it's balanced around you using tactics?) However, this isn't enough to justify a price point of like 20-25$ or more. The game was originally made on a pretty low budget, that's why the variety in areas is so poor. A real remake would need to add a lot more content and balance the game around it. Making full moon "dungeons" not so basic, make Tartarus less boring, use the shops that never open, make new events etc. I haven't played 4 and 5 yet but from what I've heard those games fix the dungeon issue. I liked 3 very much but I suppose that new fans of the series would expect dungeon crawling to not be simply going up randomized floors, that's why I'm saying that a remake would need major overhauling, it would be way more expensive than the other updated versions of their games that they have made.

When are they porting P4G to systems that people own tbh

Galang

Banned
I would literally weep if they remade P3 on the P5 engine. Easily would become my favourite game of all-time. Please make it happen :(

Two Words

I'd hope not. Atlus shouldn't waste its time making a Persona 3 remake. It's a pretty weak entry in the series. It was the first one to introduce the whole slice of life aspect to Persona, which was neat. The balance of the turn based combat was terrible, and the story was pretty weak overall. The end hard cut ending was pretty effective, but then they ruined it by explaining it in FES. I guess the explanation itself wasn't so bad, but the way it is drawn out is bad.

Sophia

A "definitive" P3 would have been a no-brainer for any company but apparently Atlus doesn't work like that, their only games getting ports are the DS->3DS ones. They could have did it real quick way earlier(early 2010s) to build awareness for their other titles. Now that the current consoles on the market are much more powerful and such, it would need a much more expensive remake tbh. Like, sure you could play this older game with a couple of modern sensibilities like controlling the other characters and spending less time on the fusion menu and whatever other things P3P added(isn't that game way too easy with party control because it's balanced around you using tactics?) However, this isn't enough to justify a price point of like 20-25$ or more. The game was originally made on a pretty low budget, that's why the variety in areas is so poor. A real remake would need to add a lot more content and balance the game around it. Making full moon "dungeons" not so basic, make Tartarus less boring, use the shops that never open, make new events etc. I haven't played 4 and 5 yet but from what I've heard those games fix the dungeon issue. I liked 3 very much but I suppose that new fans of the series would expect dungeon crawling to not be simply going up randomized floors, that's why I'm saying that a remake would need major overhauling, it would be way more expensive than the other updated versions of their games that they have made.

When are they porting P4G to systems that people own tbh

The animated cutscenes alone make making a definitive version of Persona 3 not "real quick" at all. At least if you want both protagonists. : \

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
P3 the one I'm holding out on.

But in that footage the mc looks quite small compared to the tv, but with DAN being made it means that some of the he models would be made

I'm not giving my hopes up, but it would be great

Danjin44

I dont think Atlus willing remake Persona 3. Doest matter how much I loved P3 I still think it waste of resource. I rather see them work on new games like Re:Fantasy, SMT V or follow up to Catherine.

Laplasakos

I think the PS2 version still holds up very well today, plus we have the movies which are great. They should focus on Persona 6.

In my opinion, the only Persona game that really needs a remake is P2.

Boompoe

Neo Member
I dont think Atlus willing remake Persona 3. Doest matter how much I loved P3 I still think it waste of resource. I rather see them work on new games like Re:Fantasy, SMT V or follow up to Catherine.

They polled it at the beginning of this year, so I think they are more than willing, and are probably testing the waters with the P3 dancing game.

I'd hope not. Atlus shouldn't waste its time making a Persona 3 remake. It's a pretty weak entry in the series. It was the first one to introduce the whole slice of life aspect to Persona, which was neat. The balance of the turn based combat was terrible, and the story was pretty weak overall. The end hard cut ending was pretty effective, but then they ruined it by explaining it in FES. I guess the explanation itself wasn't so bad, but the way it is drawn out is bad.

P3 is the best storywise in the series.

Danjin44

They polled it at the beginning of this year, so I think they are more than willing, and are probably testing the waters with the P3 dancing game.

Look Don't get me wrong I absolutely loved Persona 3 but Already played original Persona 3 four times then Persona 3 FES two times and also Played Persona 3 Portable.

I don't need another P3. What I really want remaster of Nocturne. I really want play that game on my PS4.

Boompoe

Neo Member
Look Don't get me wrong I absolutely loved Persona 3 but Already played original Persona 3 four times then Persona 3 FES two times and also Played Persona 3 Portable.

I don't need another P3. What I really want remaster of Nocturne. I really want play this games on my PS4.

But its not really about what you want. Persona is the only franchise that Atlus has that sells right now, and they're probably going to capitalize on that as much as they can. I'd love a Nocturne remake as well, but I doubt its really in the cards for now.

ST2K

If they remake it by fleshing out the characters a little more, updating the mechanics, and still including FeMC, this could be the undisputed best Persona game.

Danjin44

But its not really about what you want. Persona is the only franchise that Atlus has that sells right now, and they're probably going to capitalize on that as much as they can. I'd love a Nocturne remake as well, but I doubt its really in the cards for now.

Oh no. That game does't need remake. Nocturne visuals holds up to this day, I just need remaster so I can play it on my PS4.

On your original point. Did Atlus ever made remaster or remake on their consoles games?

It'd probably be a good idea to start off the new creative leads on a remake, but I'd prefer it to be 1 or 2 in that case.

Doubt this is real though.

Oh wow now I gotta think about this. Would I want P1 to be redone in a modern style? What would that look like?

Revelations: Persona is my favorite game but while it shares a lot of themes and motifs with the modern Persona games the things that have been added on in P3-P5 are what most modern fans have latched on to. So would I be ok with a P1 remake that featured a daily school life simulation and social links, plus incomprehensible Engrish vocals in all the music tracks? Plus, it would require a significant reworking of the story. For most of the game the main characters' school is in crisis mode, it wouldn't make sense for regular teenager stuff to be going on at the same time.

But I'm still curious, I'd like to see what they would do with it. P1 just with fancy new 3D graphics would be nice, but meh I've already played that game.

ASaiyan

Banned
If this is real, as others have said, it's probably just an engine test. At most a test location for P3D.

That said, if they announced a remake of P3 in the P5 engine, would I buy it? Probably yes. For all its many flaws (Tartarus, omg...), P3 is still a very good game.
And Atlus deserves a do-over of The Answer, lol.

Kumomeme

Modded or not,i really looking foward for remake

Persona 3 deserved it but if they gonna do it,better do it at P5 level with female MC available without any content compromise

Atlus already asked about Persona 3 remake in past survey though

Top Bottom