• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Up to nine more countries joining for Israel/Middle East peace deal, including potentially Saudi Arabia

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Does this mean that Muslims are going to be free to travel in Israel?
Muslims are always free to travel in Israel. The problem is Arab and Muslim countries don't allow Israeli passports, or if you have it stamped on your passport. So its actually those states preventing travel, though many do through Jordan or other ways. Normalization will allow the citizens of Bharain and UAE to travel to Israel and visit Al-Asqa. I am also sure there is going to be a ton of investment going all 3 ways between the countries so expect alot of business travel and tons of Israeli toursit $$$ going the other way.

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
They all get to become buffer for USA against Iran?
USA doesn't need a buffer against Iran. The last time Iran tested naval missiles they destroyed the wrong ship. The last time they fired missiles at US service aircraft they shot down a civilian airliner.

The religious theocracy governing Iran is a menace to its immediate neighbors and a buzzing gnat to the rest of the world. The main reason they get any attention internationally is the threat they pose to shipping through the Strait of Hormuz.

Last edited:

betrayal

Feb 2, 2018
Can anyone outside of the US tell us what the international reactions have been? Unfortunately in the US, the media is not exactly credible when it comes to reporting the news.
Here in Germany you hear little or nothing about it. It is perceived more as a marginal note.

But it is also understandable, since 99% of the news about Trump are generally negative. To be honest, I can't remember a single positive piece of news about Trump in recent years.

Last week there was a survey in Germany about the biggest fears of Germans. There many things were listed like:

Rising cost of living
Costs of the debt crisis
Danger from Trump
Worse economic situation
Natural disasters / weather extremes
Tensions due to migration
Climate Change
etc.

And maybe you already guessed it. The fear of Trump (reminder: only Germans were asked) was ranked first before all other things. Yep, this is the world we currently live in.

Boswollocks

Apr 19, 2019
Mars
I didn't believe him when he said he was going to drain the swamp and bring peace.

But between this and the NK/SK deal, it's hard to see where he isn't murdering the old guard, one policy at a time.

Either that or the Banking Cartel of the Rothschilds, Morgans et al, are sick of ineffective politicians and have sent the world's greatest business man to sort this shit out.

Crazy thought, but maybe instead of destroying a country, pissing the natives off and then rebuilding it with foreign parties, it's much better to invest heavily in the local businesses and help them become economic successes through peace, trade and diplomacy.

BigDeadFreak

Jul 7, 2018
Here in Germany you hear little or nothing about it. It is perceived more as a marginal note.

But it is also understandable, since 99% of the news about Trump are generally negative. To be honest, I can't remember a single positive piece of news about Trump in recent years.

Last week there was a survey in Germany about the biggest fears of Germans. There many things were listed like:

Rising cost of living
Costs of the debt crisis
Danger from Trump
Worse economic situation
Natural disasters / weather extremes
Tensions due to migration
Climate Change
etc.

And maybe you already guessed it. The fear of Trump (reminder: only Germans were asked) was ranked first before all other things. Yep, this is the world we currently live in.
It's the same in the UK. These talks have barely been mentioned. It's all just "Trump's bad and he's gonna starts WWIII".

AmuroChan

Nov 23, 2013
It's the same in the UK. These talks have barely been mentioned. It's all just "Trump's bad and he's gonna starts WWIII".
Wonder what they'll say then after he leaves office without starting a singe war, but instead withdrew US troops from various countries and brokerage several peace deals.

Last edited:

dolabla

Oct 9, 2013
Finally a non-warhawk president!
There's a reason all the shitbag warhawks (regardless of political party) can easily get behind Biden. They know who he is and they're all on the same team. Nothing like sending the American troop to die for their causes.

Zefah

Gold Member
Jan 7, 2007
Cue “Peace is inherently racist” in 5, 4, 3, 2.....
No Justice, No Peace. Peace is inherently unjust towards BIPOC and marginalized LGBT+ communities!

We must burn down society until we're all living in shacks and murdering each other. Only then will we have justice.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: mickaus and Cravis
Man, she just destroys them
The jab at Pelosi was a low one. But absolutely deserved.

Imagine being so small minded and odious that you call an historic peace deal between nations known for warring with each other as 'a distraction'.
It's getting so blatant it is getting very hard for even the most out of touch person to not see the obvious bias.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Jun 8, 2004
Holy Terra
The military complex aint going to like this.
It's fine, they're selling stuff goodies to Taiwan like it's nobodies business right now. I kind of wonder if the US could shift to a China containment model with all their weapons sales and brinkmanship. Sell jets, radar, missiles, et cetera to its neighbors like Taiwan and India as they smooth things out in the Middle East.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Torrent of Pork

TaySan

Dec 16, 2018
Some nice real life impacts:

I believe TaySan TaySan said he lived in Bahrain in the past, what do you think of all this?
I've read about Bahrain having a tiny community like Iran and its neat! Bahrain is pretty liberal about non Islamic faiths and customs as long as you kept it to yourself.

Bahrain has a huge Sunni vs Shia issue though and we left the country right before the uprising happened.

Madevil

Sep 6, 2019
Yeah same in Australia. I was walking past the TV on my way out the door and saw an ad for un upcoming 60 minutes piece on Trump's marriage. Happens daily.

eot

Apr 13, 2012
Is this really a peace deal - I mean was there ever conflict between Israel and UAE / Bharain?

Is this really a peace deal - I mean was there ever conflict between Israel and UAE / Bharain?
It's generally normalizing relations. Prior to August 2020, you couldn't call Israel from the UAE, it was hard blocked. You couldn't fly from the UAE to Israel. Those are both allowed now.

Another fun fact "On 31 August 2020, an El Al airliner made a three-hour trip from Tel Aviv to Abu Dhabi over Saudi Arabian airspace to be the first commercial flight between the two countries and the first Israeli flight to be approved to fly over Saudi Arabian airspace."

Is it ending a hot war? No. But Israel and the Arab world have been stuck in a weird cold war for decades, and this is the first real thawing in a while. It should be a net positive for everyone in the region, especially if more countries get on board soon. This also generally puts policies and procedures in place to prevent future conflicts.

Reactions: eot and cryptoadam

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Watch the video of Kerry I posted.

This just changed the paradigm that Palestine has to be at the forefront of everything.

Reactions: KINGMOKU

TrainedRage

Boss Blue Balls
Feb 3, 2018
USA
B-b-but Trump hasn’t done anything good!!!!!!111!!

How will lefties deal with Trump bringing peace to the Mid East? I thought it could never happen? That’s what Obama said.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
God damn these liberal Jews. They would be the first to be Kappos and everyone knows it.

"Hitlers train carts and Ghettos are really great for the Jews!"

Jeffery Goldberg, the Atlantic.

Reactions: SpartanN92